Re: George Williams

Willthiswork wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Someone has probably said this already, but anyone signing now would have to go straight onto the payroll with no new furloughs allowed. No player is anywhere near worth that risk.
I wonder if it would be possible to keep Matt and Bennett purely on a furlough basis to at least keep them getting paid?
I think this is where the PFA have let their members down badly, they could have allowed say 3 month extensions and helped pay the balance beyond the 80% without making it look/be fraudulent but they'd rather keep their own gravy train going. How much do they pay Taylor again?

Amberexile wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Someone has probably said this already, but anyone signing now would have to go straight onto the payroll with no new furloughs allowed. No player is anywhere near worth that risk.
I wonder if it would be possible to keep Matt and Bennett purely on a furlough basis to at least keep them getting paid?
I think this is where the PFA have let their members down badly, they could have allowed say 3 month extensions and helped pay the balance beyond the 80% without making it look/be fraudulent but they'd rather keep their own gravy train going. How such do they pay Taylor again?
I agree. Although it is open to the players not to follow the advice of the PFA.

In fairness to Taylor though the job of a trade union leader is to get the best deal he can for his members. I don't know how much Taylor is paid but from the entirely selfish viewpoint of his members he warrants every penny.

Willthiswork wrote:
Do the government's furlough rules allow you to re-engage someone whose contract is expiring to keep them on it?