Players To Sign

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Location

Sheffield

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Amberexile » July 16th, 2020, 2:16 pm

phil crump wrote:I see your point about staff wages in between seasons corky but I would take a guess that during a normal season it would be budgeted for until end of June then a new budget would be set for July onwards when pre season training new signings take place etc.have now idea when the EFL make their payments to clubs for league placings previous season or for up coming one has the FA given prize money yet as cup not completed and also we would of been well into the swing of ST sales and probably sponsor money so there is potentially a fair few quid the club are yet to receive in the bank that under NORMAL circumstances would be there this time of year


With regards to the solidarity money from the premier league, it was reported that the August payment would be advanced i.e. paid early to the EFL, it was also later reported that that hadn't actually happened.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 16th, 2020, 3:12 pm

Surely though this entire topic has to be looked at comparatively. Have Newport County lost income? Yes. Has everybody else? Yes. Have Newport County had the advantages over the last five years of FA Cup gate monies, prizes and TV money? Yes. Did Newport County have an influx of transfer fees? Yes. Have other teams had an influx of transfer fees? Yes some but not all. Did other teams have Cup prize monies? Yes all did but none as much as us.

Moving on. Are Newport County in serious financial trouble? I don't know. We shouldn't be but there are indications that we might be. As has been pointed out by numerous posters on here, if we are in dire straits then serious questions will need to be answered. And that is about as far as we can go right now.
no avatar
User

phil crump

Re: Players To Sign

Postby phil crump » July 16th, 2020, 3:47 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Surely though this entire topic has to be looked at comparatively. Have Newport County lost income? Yes. Has everybody else? Yes. Have Newport County had the advantages over the last five years of FA Cup gate monies, prizes and TV money? Yes. Did Newport County have an influx of transfer fees? Yes. Have other teams had an influx of transfer fees? Yes some but not all. Did other teams have Cup prize monies? Yes all did but none as much as us.

Moving on. Are Newport County in serious financial trouble? I don't know. We shouldn't be but there are indications that we might be. As has been pointed out by numerous posters on here, if we are in dire straits then serious questions will need to be answered. And that is about as far as we can go right now.

What’s actually been pointed out is people making their own assumptions after someone’s given it the I’ve heard this and I’ve been told that and oh we must be skint as we’ve not re signed someone.so not withstanding the fact that Newport county,s financial standing is not in the public domain and neither is any other clubs making statements that we are or should be better/worse than anyone else is pure fantasy.have we gone into administration ? No .have we had large scale redundancies despite being promoted ? No.do we really know that no club has made more than us on cup revenues ? No. have we only got 2 players signed for next season No.have we been docked points or fined for failing to pay anyone ? No.So you can see it’s easy to make a cpl of statements and make any situation as favourable or unfavourable as you like
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 16th, 2020, 4:19 pm

phil crump wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Surely though this entire topic has to be looked at comparatively. Have Newport County lost income? Yes. Has everybody else? Yes. Have Newport County had the advantages over the last five years of FA Cup gate monies, prizes and TV money? Yes. Did Newport County have an influx of transfer fees? Yes. Have other teams had an influx of transfer fees? Yes some but not all. Did other teams have Cup prize monies? Yes all did but none as much as us.

Moving on. Are Newport County in serious financial trouble? I don't know. We shouldn't be but there are indications that we might be. As has been pointed out by numerous posters on here, if we are in dire straits then serious questions will need to be answered. And that is about as far as we can go right now.

What’s actually been pointed out is people making their own assumptions after someone’s given it the I’ve heard this and I’ve been told that and oh we must be skint as we’ve not re signed someone.so not withstanding the fact that Newport county,s financial standing is not in the public domain and neither is any other clubs making statements that we are or should be better/worse than anyone else is pure fantasy.have we gone into administration ? No .have we had large scale redundancies despite being promoted ? No.do we really know that no club has made more than us on cup revenues ? No. have we only got 2 players signed for next season No.have we been docked points or fined for failing to pay anyone ? No.So you can see it’s easy to make a cpl of statements and make any situation as favourable or unfavourable as you like


Phil,

The accounts of Newport County are not in the public domain

However we do know, notwithstanding your contention that we don't know our income from the Cup is higher than other Tier 4 sides. That that is nonsense. Over the last three seasons Newport County have received prize money for getting to the third, fourth and fifth round of the FA Cup. In addition to £250,000 for being the last tier 4 club standing.

In addition, again, County have received income for live TV against, Leeds United, Spurs and Spurs again Wrexham, Leicester City, Manchester City, Grimsby and Maldon. Can't remember if the Middlesbrough' game was shown live, but I listened to it driving down from Belfast and it was Radio 5's main commentary.

That is a massive influx of cash, way above anything any other Tier 4 side has received. I do wish you'd think before posting nonsense.
no avatar
User

countymadbel

Re: Players To Sign

Postby countymadbel » July 25th, 2020, 11:08 am

Hopefully with the news when season going to start we will soon see some new player's arriving. Wonder who hopefully a few will leave fingers crossed as they need to
no avatar
User

NearlyDead

Re: Players To Sign

Postby NearlyDead » July 25th, 2020, 11:40 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:The accounts of Newport County are not in the public domain


Not true.

As with any company, registered with Companies House, like mine for instance, the accounts (at least abbreviated ones) are available to view online.

The last accounts for Newport Association Football Club Limited, company no. 02395863, made up to 30 June 2018, filed 15 April 2019, are available to view at https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 25th, 2020, 12:53 pm

NearlyDead wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:The accounts of Newport County are not in the public domain


Not true.

As with any company, registered with Companies House, like mine for instance, the accounts (at least abbreviated ones) are available to view online.

The last accounts for Newport Association Football Club Limited, company no. 02395863, made up to 30 June 2018, filed 15 April 2019, are available to view athttps://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/co ... ng-history


You are quite right.

The point I was trying to make is that that how our income is spent is not in the public domain. Further although my income was never in the my account gave advice as to what I could and could not do to secure an income in reality higher than that on which I was taxed.

We don't know, for instance, how much we received from Interbet.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fan1967, Marky

Powered by phpBB ®