Players To Sign

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Alan G Bryant » July 15th, 2020, 6:43 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I missed out on four free games on my ST,therefore I am entitled to claim back £0.00.I will contact the club to make sure I get it.



It’s not four ‘free’ games you arse. The price of a ST is for 23 games. You only had 19. Doesn’t matter if it’s a saving on paying game by game.
I don’t want my money back, but find it ridiculous that you come out with a stupid little smart arse comment like that.


In fairness Exeter handled it better than us and the other clubs mentioned, they offered the refunds , probably knowing not many would take it up.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Exile 1976 » July 15th, 2020, 6:52 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I missed out on four free games on my ST,therefore I am entitled to claim back £0.00.I will contact the club to make sure I get it.



It’s not four ‘free’ games you arse. The price of a ST is for 23 games. You only had 19. Doesn’t matter if it’s a saving on paying game by game.
I don’t want my money back, but find it ridiculous that you come out with a stupid little smart arse comment like that.


In fairness Exeter handled it better than us and the other clubs mentioned, they offered the refunds , probably knowing not many would take it up.



I think most handled it better than us. I can’t see any County fans taking the refund mind.
I’m sure most of the things that the Board do are with the best intentions but most of the time they just don’t hit the right notes.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Percy plunkett » July 15th, 2020, 6:53 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I missed out on four free games on my ST,therefore I am entitled to claim back £0.00.I will contact the club to make sure I get it.



It’s not four ‘free’ games you arse. The price of a ST is for 23 games. You only had 19. Doesn’t matter if it’s a saving on paying game by game.
I don’t want my money back, but find it ridiculous that you come out with a stupid little smart arse comment like that.

Just using simple logic mate.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Exile 1976 » July 15th, 2020, 7:02 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I missed out on four free games on my ST,therefore I am entitled to claim back £0.00.I will contact the club to make sure I get it.



It’s not four ‘free’ games you arse. The price of a ST is for 23 games. You only had 19. Doesn’t matter if it’s a saving on paying game by game.
I don’t want my money back, but find it ridiculous that you come out with a stupid little smart arse comment like that.

Just using simple logic mate.



Oh it’s simple alright.
You paid for 23, got 19. Not hard to understand hey muc
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Percy plunkett » July 15th, 2020, 7:04 pm

I paid for 16 and got 19 so three free.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Exile 1976 » July 15th, 2020, 7:07 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:I paid for 16 and got 19 so three free.



No you didn’t
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Alan G Bryant » July 15th, 2020, 7:14 pm

owlsabout wrote:Alan dont exter own there football ground and just invested in a new stand


Owls, I am acutely aware that I offended several posters last week by the tone of my posts , for that and to anyone I offended, I would like to apologise. It is not my intention to rile fellow supporters.
Moving forward, I will try harder to debate and hopefully sway opinions with rationale, so here goes.

I have just had a chat with my mate and also a quick search of Google regarding Exeter City.

How is the redevelopment being paid for?

The funding of the project is quite complex. The football club has given up the final four years of its lease on the area behind the Big Bank which is owned by Exeter City Council.
The council has sold the land to a developer who has also purchased the adjoining site and obtained planning permission for a development of over 300 Student Beds. The council is using the income from the sale to fund the replacement of the Stagecoach Stand (or Old Grandstand) which it owns. The developer is also contributing to the cost of the project from the proceeds of the overall development.
Following feedback from the public exhibitions and with the strong backing of the Supporters’ Trust, the football club is contributing £200,000 to make sure that the Away End Stand, which was never guaranteed as part of the original project, can be completed.

Over the last five years Exeter City have had millions of pounds sterling come into the club which would not have been budgeted for, I would estimate £7.5m.
Out of that £7.5m we now know only £200k has been invested by the club into the stadium and supporters have recently donated £42k to their club.

We also know that Exeter City posted losses of £700k last season, got tonked 4-0 in the play off final and are still in the same league as us.

I think there is a general view from some of our supporters that every other league 2 club or trust club is managed much much better than ours.

For the life of me I do not know why.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Re: Players To Sign

Postby excessbee » July 15th, 2020, 7:28 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I missed out on four free games on my ST,therefore I am entitled to claim back £0.00.I will contact the club to make sure I get it.



It’s not four ‘free’ games you arse. The price of a ST is for 23 games. You only had 19. Doesn’t matter if it’s a saving on paying game by game.
I don’t want my money back, but find it ridiculous that you come out with a stupid little smart arse comment like that.


But also, the price of the season ticket (if it's a seat) includes priority reservation of your seat for FA Cup matches, and if you are not a Trust member, priority purchase of Cup tickets. These benefits have already been provided for this season. I look upon that as part of the cost of the season ticket.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 15th, 2020, 9:39 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:
owlsabout wrote:Alan dont exter own there football ground and just invested in a new stand


Owls, I am acutely aware that I offended several posters last week by the tone of my posts , for that and to anyone I offended, I would like to apologise. It is not my intention to rile fellow supporters.
Moving forward, I will try harder to debate and hopefully sway opinions with rationale, so here goes.

I have just had a chat with my mate and also a quick search of Google regarding Exeter City.

How is the redevelopment being paid for?

The funding of the project is quite complex. The football club has given up the final four years of its lease on the area behind the Big Bank which is owned by Exeter City Council.
The council has sold the land to a developer who has also purchased the adjoining site and obtained planning permission for a development of over 300 Student Beds. The council is using the income from the sale to fund the replacement of the Stagecoach Stand (or Old Grandstand) which it owns. The developer is also contributing to the cost of the project from the proceeds of the overall development.
Following feedback from the public exhibitions and with the strong backing of the Supporters’ Trust, the football club is contributing £200,000 to make sure that the Away End Stand, which was never guaranteed as part of the original project, can be completed.

Over the last five years Exeter City have had millions of pounds sterling come into the club which would not have been budgeted for, I would estimate £7.5m.
Out of that £7.5m we now know only £200k has been invested by the club into the stadium and supporters have recently donated £42k to their club.

We also know that Exeter City posted losses of £700k last season, got tonked 4-0 in the play off final and are still in the same league as us.

I think there is a general view from some of our supporters that every other league 2 club or trust club is managed much much better than ours.

For the life of me I do not know why.


Two things.

Firstly it would be amiss not to acknowledge your mea culpa. It takes courage to apologize and it is to your credit that you have done so.

Secondly. Whilst I wish Exeter City no harm, they are not my team. How they manage their finances, how open they are etc, is a matter for them.

My concern is Newport County. Any criticism that comes from me is for Newport County alone. The only time that the affairs of other clubs is relevant is where good practice can be adopted. If other clubs make bollox ups then that gives us a comparative advantage. If other clubs get something right, we are at a comparative disadvantage.

So let's learn from the success of others when they get things right, and learn to shut the f@ck up when they get it wrong.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » July 15th, 2020, 10:31 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:
owlsabout wrote:Alan dont exter own there football ground and just invested in a new stand


Owls, I am acutely aware that I offended several posters last week by the tone of my posts , for that and to anyone I offended, I would like to apologise. It is not my intention to rile fellow supporters.
Moving forward, I will try harder to debate and hopefully sway opinions with rationale, so here goes.

I have just had a chat with my mate and also a quick search of Google regarding Exeter City.

How is the redevelopment being paid for?

The funding of the project is quite complex. The football club has given up the final four years of its lease on the area behind the Big Bank which is owned by Exeter City Council.
The council has sold the land to a developer who has also purchased the adjoining site and obtained planning permission for a development of over 300 Student Beds. The council is using the income from the sale to fund the replacement of the Stagecoach Stand (or Old Grandstand) which it owns. The developer is also contributing to the cost of the project from the proceeds of the overall development.
Following feedback from the public exhibitions and with the strong backing of the Supporters’ Trust, the football club is contributing £200,000 to make sure that the Away End Stand, which was never guaranteed as part of the original project, can be completed.

Over the last five years Exeter City have had millions of pounds sterling come into the club which would not have been budgeted for, I would estimate £7.5m.
Out of that £7.5m we now know only £200k has been invested by the club into the stadium and supporters have recently donated £42k to their club.

We also know that Exeter City posted losses of £700k last season, got tonked 4-0 in the play off final and are still in the same league as us.

I think there is a general view from some of our supporters that every other league 2 club or trust club is managed much much better than ours.

For the life of me I do not know why.

You have been offending contributors for years with the tone of your posts constantly referringto this so called minority. Pembs must have asked you a dozen times to explain without a single reply.
Apology fine then your last sentence returns you to the unofficial board spokesman once again.
You need to realise that its not just a few in the minority but I get the feeling the majority with any sense realise this boards lack of openness is bang out of order.
Lets hope a few new faces apply shortly, unfortunately the ones that need to go will not be up for election next time around.
They all got lucky last time.
No more inner sanctum at this club.
no avatar
User

Jonesy3

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Jonesy3 » July 16th, 2020, 8:17 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:I'd be astonished if we signed anyone, frankly, given the financial uncertainty. Indeed, I'd go further and say that to do so would be reckless unless the terms were exceptionally favourable. More likely is that we'll make do with what we've got and supplement it with youth players and a few loanees. And even then we probably need a cup run and a lot of fundraising to put us into the black.


Serious question because I could be missing something here.

Newport County have lost the income from 4 league games. However on the plus side they have for the last five Months had 80℅ of the wage bill, for players and office staff, picked up by the Government.

On my basic maths we are Quid's in. Why do you believe otherwise?


Surely the main reason for not signing players at the moment is there's no start date for the season and no confirmation of the playing budget rules? The few clubs that are signing players are taking a gamble - what happens if the salary cap is, say, £1.3m and they've got a squad with a wage bill of £1.5m?

I absolutely agree with you Stan that talk of being on the brink of liquidation is nonsense, but I'll disagree with your basic maths because the job retention scheme isn't as simple as that. It covers 80% of wages but is capped at a maximum of £2.5k a month per employee. We'll have plenty of players on more than that, so the saving won't be as much as your estimate. But obviously there will be a saving.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Location

Sheffield

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Amberexile » July 16th, 2020, 9:57 am

Jonesy3 wrote:
Surely the main reason for not signing players at the moment is there's no start date for the season and no confirmation of the playing budget rules? The few clubs that are signing players are taking a gamble - what happens if the salary cap is, say, £1.3m and they've got a squad with a wage bill of £1.5m?

I absolutely agree with you Stan that talk of being on the brink of liquidation is nonsense, but I'll disagree with your basic maths because the job retention scheme isn't as simple as that. It covers 80% of wages but is capped at a maximum of £2.5k a month per employee. We'll have plenty of players on more than that, so the saving won't be as much as your estimate. But obviously there will be a saving.



A start date for next season is expected to be announced this week with 29th August and 12th September seeming to be the choice on offer although it was expected to be announced last week as well so there would be no surprise if it was delayed again.

As far as clubs signing players before the possible announcement of a cap is concerned, my understanding is that there will be an exemption for players already contracted so there is an opportunity for clubs to bend the rules already before they are put into place. There also seems to be a desire to give the clubs a week or so between announcing the start date and the cap, giving those who wish to "cheat" it a better opportunity so to do.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Players To Sign

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 16th, 2020, 10:07 am

Jonesy3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:I'd be astonished if we signed anyone, frankly, given the financial uncertainty. Indeed, I'd go further and say that to do so would be reckless unless the terms were exceptionally favourable. More likely is that we'll make do with what we've got and supplement it with youth players and a few loanees. And even then we probably need a cup run and a lot of fundraising to put us into the black.


Serious question because I could be missing something here.

Newport County have lost the income from 4 league games. However on the plus side they have for the last five Months had 80℅ of the wage bill, for players and office staff, picked up by the Government.

On my basic maths we are Quid's in. Why do you believe otherwise?


Surely the main reason for not signing players at the moment is there's no start date for the season and no confirmation of the playing budget rules? The few clubs that are signing players are taking a gamble - what happens if the salary cap is, say, £1.3m and they've got a squad with a wage bill of £1.5m?

I absolutely agree with you Stan that talk of being on the brink of liquidation is nonsense, but I'll disagree with your basic maths because the job retention scheme isn't as simple as that. It covers 80% of wages but is capped at a maximum of £2.5k a month per employee. We'll have plenty of players on more than that, so the saving won't be as much as your estimate. But obviously there will be a saving.


That's a fair point. Although it is 80% of wages up to a wage of £33,000 a year. And it must be remembered that players wages include such things as win bonuses, and draw bonuses, where County have been making massive savings since September. :grin:

However your point is well made and correct, I had failed to consider the cap.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Re: Players To Sign

Postby neilcork68 » July 16th, 2020, 12:48 pm

amberbhoy wrote:We won't be signing anyone because we are broke. In the last week I've had 2 different sources tell me we are on the brink of liquidation.
It may or may not be true but they are 2 seperate sources with no connection to each other.
Perhaps the board could raise a few quid by having a sponsored silence.




How are we broke ?

OK we missed out on 4 home games ( £200,000 - no idea of actual figures just a guess ) but we had money in the bank for 'rainy days' off our cup runs havent we ? Added to this the government paying a lot of the wage bill during this time ???

Every normal season most of May , June ,July and August the club have to fund the wages of the players and staff with no income coming in through gate moneys so the budget has to be stretched out to cover the summer months but this year the government has covered a lot of the staffs wages whilst they have been on furlough so if we have lost more than £100,000 I would be shocked. If this goes on until October the government are still paying the players / staff upto 50% of the wages upto £2500 per month
Hopefully by then we may be playing in front of some sort of crowd or playing behind closed doors and us fans paying Iplayer to watch the games so the club will get some income.
I know I would be happy to pay the price of a normal match day entrance fee to watch a game even if its only on TV. Many others would do the same I'm sure to help the club out until we can all return to RP
no avatar
User

phil crump

Re: Players To Sign

Postby phil crump » July 16th, 2020, 2:01 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
amberbhoy wrote:We won't be signing anyone because we are broke. In the last week I've had 2 different sources tell me we are on the brink of liquidation.
It may or may not be true but they are 2 seperate sources with no connection to each other.
Perhaps the board could raise a few quid by having a sponsored silence.




How are we broke ?

OK we missed out on 4 home games ( £200,000 - no idea of actual figures just a guess ) but we had money in the bank for 'rainy days' off our cup runs havent we ? Added to this the government paying a lot of the wage bill during this time ???

Every normal season most of May , June ,July and August the club have to fund the wages of the players and staff with no income coming in through gate moneys so the budget has to be stretched out to cover the summer months but this year the government has covered a lot of the staffs wages whilst they have been on furlough so if we have lost more than £100,000 I would be shocked. If this goes on until October the government are still paying the players / staff upto 50% of the wages upto £2500 per month
Hopefully by then we may be playing in front of some sort of crowd or playing behind closed doors and us fans paying Iplayer to watch the games so the club will get some income.
I know I would be happy to pay the price of a normal match day entrance fee to watch a game even if its only on TV. Many others would do the same I'm sure to help the club out until we can all return to RP

I see your point about staff wages in between seasons corky but I would take a guess that during a normal season it would be budgeted for until end of June then a new budget would be set for July onwards when pre season training new signings take place etc.have now idea when the EFL make their payments to clubs for league placings previous season or for up coming one has the FA given prize money yet as cup not completed and also we would of been well into the swing of ST sales and probably sponsor money so there is potentially a fair few quid the club are yet to receive in the bank that under NORMAL circumstances would be there this time of year
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Powered by phpBB ®