Re: Fans to return in October ?

halfmoon wrote:Season start date confirmed: 12th September

How long is a team's preseason, typically? I'd think we'll need to get started right away, get some friendlies arranged sharpish, etc. Gonna be a funny old season, that's for sure
Last season ours was less than a month due I guess to the late end to the season / play-offs. Usually 5-6 weeks I believe.

faerun exile wrote:
halfmoon wrote:Season start date confirmed: 12th September

How long is a team's preseason, typically? I'd think we'll need to get started right away, get some friendlies arranged sharpish, etc. Gonna be a funny old season, that's for sure
Last season ours was less than a month due I guess to the late end to the season / play-offs. Usually 5-6 weeks I believe.
Season usually begins first or second Saturday of August. I suspect that this season would have begun on 8th August. 12th September being five weeks later in terms it's now the equivalent of 17th June.

Although if Podge is home we've all been advised that the UK is not a safe country to visit.

I think we all have to wait for more info on this. I have seen the statement issued via the club.

To be honest, I just do not see how it will work.
How are they going to test all the players.
How will they fund the club when spectators are not allowed
What about the differences between England and Wales (Covid rules and regs).Even is fans are allowed by then it seems that lots will stay away anyway.
What will happen if we have to have local lockdowns. Not just our club but the team we have to play. I can see lots of postponements.
When does RP stop being used as a test centre.
I think next season has the potential to finish after the finish of the Premier League this season.

Questions, questions.

More clarity needed for me. I can’t see me going to RP before the New Year.

Why they just didn’t restart the league next March I do not know. Pick up the fixtures where they finished this year. Money talks, problem is, there seems to be little money coming in to our club.

pembsexile wrote:I think we all have to wait for more info on this. I have seen the statement issued via the club.

What about the differences between England and Wales (Covid rules and regs).Even is fans are allowed by then it seems that lots will stay away anyway.
What will happen if we have to have local lockdowns. Not just our club but the team we have to play. I can see lots of postponements.
I think next season has the potential to finish after the finish of the Premier League this season.

Questions, questions.

Why they just didn’t restart the league next March I do not know. Pick up the fixtures where they finished this year. Money talks, problem is, there seems to be little money coming in to our club.
Just restarting in March is far too simplistic. For starters who pays staff wages for 6 months or so once furlough ends ? How does the club pay TV monies back ? Would finish our club and most others too.

faerun exile wrote:
pembsexile wrote:I think we all have to wait for more info on this. I have seen the statement issued via the club.

Questions, questions.

Just restarting in March is far too simplistic. For starters who pays staff wages for 6 months or so once furlough ends ? How does the club pay TV monies back ? Would finish our club and most others too.
I think I answered that question on a previous post some time ago.

Between now and March get some mini tournament going, Get some cup trophies going, they can call it what they like. Leave the league until March. That is the bread and butter that means things to fans. There is no easy answer to this, we are in this for the long run.

Well, that's all academic now, season 19/20 is history. We will just have to play it by ear. Like so many issues thrown at us over the last five months, it seems the solution is just to be cautious and take a step at a time. Some will want to attend from day one, others may never do so. Somewhere in between will inevitably be the result for most.

pembsexile wrote:
faerun exile wrote:

Questions, questions.

I think I answered that question on a previous post some time ago.

Between now and March get some mini tournament going, Get some cup trophies going, they can call it what they like. Leave the league until March. That is the bread and butter that means things to fans. There is no easy answer to this, we are in this for the long run.
Don’t get your logic mate on that. If you are going to play matches why not play league games - looks certain crowds will be allowed back in stages way before March. I would play the waste or time paintpot games in September to early October where crowds are low anyway and start league games in October either BCD or in front of socially distanced crowds as advised by Boris and Dopey.

Sorry, but I don’t think you are going to get crowds in to efl games before October. That is optimistic. However, I hope you are right. We need to raise revenue as soon as we can. I player probably seems the best bet as fans are not going to be there. See my other post about raising funds via 4/6 ticket blocks.

The final league positions are now academic as the league has finished. I just think that the best solution was to restart in March. They could have finished the league over two seasons properly then. Anyway, that was just one of the issues I mentioned.

One of the other things I am concerned about is player and staff testing. Just found out what is happening in local rugby here. Apparently all local rugby players will have to attend a course sanctioned by World rugby. Then they must register with the WRU individually acknowledging that they have taken and passed the relevant course. All players have received communication on this. Before each training session they must log on each time and adhere to all training protocols.

We have heard nothing from the efl about what steps they have taken to safeguard players prior to the 12th September. I just hope that they have something in place. Just what is it about communication and football?

pembsexile wrote:Sorry, but I don’t think you are going to get crowds in to efl games before October. That is optimistic. However, I hope you are right. We need to raise revenue as soon as we can. I player probably seems the best bet as fans are not going to be there. See my other post about raising funds via 4/6 ticket blocks.

The final league positions are now academic as the league has finished. I just think that the best solution was to restart in March. They could have finished the league over two seasons properly then. Anyway, that was just one of the issues I mentioned.

One of the other things I am concerned about is player and staff testing. Just found out what is happening in local rugby here. Apparently all local rugby players will have to attend a course sanctioned by World rugby. Then they must register with the WRU individually acknowledging that they have taken and passed the relevant course. All players have received communication on this. Before each training session they must log on each time and adhere to all training protocols.

We have heard nothing from the efl about what steps they have taken to safeguard players prior to the 12th September. I just hope that they have something in place. Just what is it about communication and football?

With the rugby you have to do a course on line, takes just 30 minutes then all sorted.

pembsexile wrote:Sorry, but I don’t think you are going to get crowds in to efl games before October. That is optimistic. However, I hope you are right. We need to raise revenue as soon as we can. I player probably seems the best bet as fans are not going to be there. See my other post about raising funds via 4/6 ticket blocks.

Agreed with regard to crowds before October hence my preference for the EFL Trophy fixtures to run their course in first few weeks of the season in order to reduce financial impact upon clubs. League can start in October and utilise the free midweek dates in the calendar left by getting the EFL Trophy games out of the way.