Re: Jamille Matt to FGR

Collars wrote:Very disappointing. Jamma and Collins playing together - that should have happened down the County. Based on Collins' performances at Morecambe I was disappointed he didn't come back but no surprise that FGR have more funds than us. Wonder how they will deal with the salary cap....
Same here. It's a real shame about Aaron. Not only is he a County product but he's exactly the sort of player we needed last season. Although I'm sure we simply couldn't afford him even if we did try to sign him.

"Fans owned" club, fans owned budget. Multi-millionaire owned club, multi-millionaire owned budget.

Next season could be the best opportunity for a long time to buy promotion from league 2 if you get your spending in before the salary cap is announced. Assuming the cap happens of course.

Amberexile wrote:"Fans owned" club, fans owned budget. Multi-millionaire owned club, multi-millionaire owned budget.

Next season could be the best opportunity for a long time to buy promotion from league 2 if you get your spending in before the salary cap is announced. Assuming the cap happens of course.
When the idea of a salary cap was announced earlier this year, Vince's idea of a cap was £2 million for L2 (think he was quoted in the Argus). So that likely gives you an idea of what the minimum he's prepared to spend this coming season is.

I think we may have been somewhere in the region of £1.5 last season, and we are currently expecting a 40% reduction in revenues (for which you can roughly substitute "budget" I'd say).

So the maths seems quite straightforward, in that FGR will likely be able to spend somewhere between 25% and ~100% more than us this coming season.

Thus, megabucks-spending Bolton (who will spend on one player, Doyle, what we might spend on 2 or 3), followed by FGR, Salford, and Bradford must be short odds for automatic promotion based on likely budgets.

Thankfully, though indicative, the player budget size to final league placing relation is not exactly linear... as Salford, FGR, and Bradford found out last season.

NearlyDead wrote:
Thankfully, though indicative, the player budget size to final league placing relation is not exactly linear... as Salford, FGR, and Bradford found out last season.

Indeed as did Notts County.

Without a benefactor, we will need to punch above our weight again next season. It will be interesting to see if the Trust Board take another look at the possibility of a hybrid model or even selling up altogether as we get through the next 12 months.

Mansfield didn’t fare too well either spending loads and the likes of Macclesfield Southend and Oldham with their published financial issues even before the Covid issue are likely to struggle from the off just avoiding administration will be a massive result for any club in our division

Amberexile wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:

Indeed as did Notts County.

Without a benefactor, we will need to punch above our weight again next season. It will be interesting to see if the Trust Board take another look at the possibility of a hybrid model or even selling up altogether as we get through the next 12 months.
I hope they do but I cannot see any businessman or business taking it up without having total control, conversely I cannot see the trust members voting to sell up altogether unless it is something special.

I think we are stuck as being fan owned for the foreseeable future, especially with so much uncertainty surrounding income.

Don't think there's any shortage of dosh. Their problem has always been choosing wisely how to spend it. How much longer will Mr Radford continue to fund failure. Although I think ditching Flitcroft after we beat them backfired badly. Losing a playoff semi final wasn't such a disaster.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Good luck to jamma hope he has a decent season

But I hope FGR get relegated cant stand the club
You really have a problem don't you. :roll:
Wrexham, Cardiff, Liverpool and Uncle Tom Cobley and all. :lol:
So much bitterness, it ain’t healthy. That’s a lot of clubs. Mind you, I agree with the sentiment about Cardiff. It’s personal for me. I really hope the Jacks beat them to it tonight. The odds are on Cardiff though. Ugh.