Re: Jamille Matt to FGR

phil crump wrote:There’s a difference between not being able afford to pay someone and not paying someone needlessly there may well be money in the bank that is being used to cover the costs that the club are obliged to pay how long that would last I don’t know.when will the EFL payments that we would normally receive go in the bank,when do we start selling ST,when the EFL decide on a start date then the club will have an idea of when training would start and furlough would end then I guess at that point we will find out if we can make signings or not.

If they wanted to, they could sell half season tickets now. Some people would buy them tomorrow if they were available.

Half STs would be complicated. The club's clarification on why they haven't yet put STs on sale is they need a better idea of what supporters will be getting for their money - i.e. transparency. And the media release is transparency about wanting transparency. The desirability of re-signing one player (I hope we can in due course) doesn't trump this.

The Board took the view it would not be appropriate to sell season tickets for next season until we were able to categorically communicate what fans would be receiving for their money. Whilst we have explored blended options such as iFollow livestreaming if matches are played behind behind closed doors and then reverting to a traditional season ticket when fans are allowed in the stadium, there are complications which mean we would not be able to price the product accurately and could not guarantee we could deliver the product. We have been working with EFL colleagues and are hopeful that a product will be forthcoming
very soon that we can then in turn offer to supporters with confidence.

Amberexile wrote:
phil crump wrote:There’s a difference between not being able afford to pay someone and not paying someone needlessly there may well be money in the bank that is being used to cover the costs that the club are obliged to pay how long that would last I don’t know.when will the EFL payments that we would normally receive go in the bank,when do we start selling ST,when the EFL decide on a start date then the club will have an idea of when training would start and furlough would end then I guess at that point we will find out if we can make signings or not.

If they wanted to, they could sell half season tickets now. Some people would buy them tomorrow if they were available.
I tend to agree with this. Given the information from the club regarding the awaiting of info’ from the efl it may be a logistical nightmare. However, I would have thought that income is paramount at the moment.

If a half season ticket is a step too far, (if), perhaps a 6 or 4 pack ticket set would be in order. Fans will come back at some stage of the season I am confident about that. If it is from January onwards so what. If we can’t come to RP during next season, keep the money and we can use the ticket pack the season after next. If they put up a four ticket pack for league games I think I would go for it. Bit of a logistical problem I agree but it could be done and provide income for the club. If the club couldn’t meet their commitments due to the Coronavirus I don’t think we would see a rush of fans contacting the club asking for their money back. Just my opinion.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Half STs would be complicated. The club's clarification on why they haven't yet put STs on sale is they need a better idea of what supporters will be getting for their money - i.e. transparency. And the media release is transparency about wanting transparency. The desirability of re-signing one player (I hope we can in due course) doesn't trump this.

The Board took the view it would not be appropriate to sell season tickets for next season until we were able to categorically communicate what fans would be receiving for their money. Whilst we have explored blended options such as iFollow livestreaming if matches are played behind behind closed doors and then reverting to a traditional season ticket when fans are allowed in the stadium, there are complications which mean we would not be able to price the product accurately and could not guarantee we could deliver the product. We have been working with EFL colleagues and are hopeful that a product will be forthcoming
As a client of mine was very fond of telling me "to do the complicated (or difficult, or impossible etc) is why you get paid your film star salary.", and while they don't get paid, I don't think it should be beyond our expectations that those we have elected to run things on our behalf can work this one out.

Amberexile wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Half STs would be complicated. The club's clarification on why they haven't yet put STs on sale is they need a better idea of what supporters will be getting for their money - i.e. transparency. And the media release is transparency about wanting transparency. The desirability of re-signing one player (I hope we can in due course) doesn't trump this.

As a client of mine was very fond of telling me "to do the complicated (or difficult, or impossible etc) is why you get paid your film star salary.", and while they don't get paid, I don't think it should be beyond our expectations that those we have elected to run things on our behalf can work this one out.
Since our return to the Football league, once only has a league game been sold out.

So sell books of 10 match tickets, redeemable at any game for £165. Add that in the event of a game such as Notts County, two weeks notice will be given if for a particular game a ticket is not redeemable.

Problem solved. As I used to tell my clients, that's what I do.

Amberexile wrote: As a client of mine was very fond of telling me "to do the complicated (or difficult, or impossible etc) is why you get paid your film star salary.", and while they don't get paid, I don't think it should be beyond our expectations that those we have elected to run things on our behalf can work this one out.
You can't navigate to a known position from an unknown one.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Amberexile wrote: As a client of mine was very fond of telling me "to do the complicated (or difficult, or impossible etc) is why you get paid your film star salary.", and while they don't get paid, I don't think it should be beyond our expectations that those we have elected to run things on our behalf can work this one out.
Yes you can.

If that were not so, every person who has ever been lost would never be heard of again.

George Street-Bridge wrote:You can get there, but you can't navigate.
George,

In the night sky with your eye you run a straight line away from the bottom two stars in the plough. The first brightish star you come to is the north star.

Bingo, you may not know where you are but you can immediately navigate north.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I've read too many books about Amelia Earhart.

How would you know you weren't already north of where you thought you were, and head 180 degrees in the wrong direction?
Well you look at your watch and find out what the time is. So long as you know the date you will know exactly what time various stars will fall below the horizon. Depending on where you are this will be able to work out your longitude. Dava Sobel wrote a very good book. It was about the development of a clock which could keep accurate time at sea. For the last 200 odd years it has been possible to find out exactly where you are on the surface of the earth.

It's done by a system known as navigation.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Indeed, but you can sell half season tickets for the next 12 home league games at which supporters are allowed to attend not knowing exactly when those games will take place. You may not be able to allocate seats or even say in which stand yet, you may have to restrict the number of tickets you sell, you may have to agree that some of the match "credits" might have to be carried over into 2021/22 season, etc etc but it doesn't seem too complicated to me to come up with a solution that is safe enough for the club and has an acceptable level of risk for some fans to take it up. If they.want to do it enough, a solution could be found. It won't be perfect and it won't suit everybody but few things rarely do. Consulting with the fans would be a fine first step.

That said, I doubt they will do it.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:I've read too many books about Amelia Earhart.

How would you know you weren't already north of where you thought you were, and head 180 degrees in the wrong direction?
Well you look at your watch and find out what the time is. So long as you know the date you will know exactly what time various stars will fall below the horizon. Depending on where you are this will be able to work out your longitude. Dava Sobel wrote a very good book. It was about the development of a clock which could keep accurate time at sea. For the last 200 odd years it has been possible to find out exactly where you are on the surface of the earth.

It's done by a system known as navigation.
The book is called Longtitude. Fabulous Christmas read a few years ago, .......Harrison I think the mans name was.