Re: Jamille Matt to FGR

Amberexile wrote:I suppose that if we can afford to wait to see how things pan out over the coming weeks and not make these tricky decisions at the moment giving ourselves the ability to make better informed decisions in the near future, then that would be the sensible thing to do right now.
That's the whole thing in one sentence and basically the club's position. They know the EFL's plan - i.e. the point they'll need to navigate from - is imminent. Obviously that's a platform that might collapse in due course, but it's a firmer start than taking a punt now on different circumstances.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I suppose that if we can afford to wait to see how things pan out over the coming weeks and not make these tricky decisions at the moment giving ourselves the ability to make better informed decisions in the near future, then that would be the sensible thing to do right now.
That's the whole thing in one sentence and basically the club's position. They know the EFL's plan - i.e. the point they'll need to navigate from - is imminent. Obviously that's a platform that might collapse in due course, but it's a firmer start than taking a punt now on different circumstances.
Exactly, no point in rushing into something half-baked if they don't need to. Us fans will have to keep our money in our pockets for a while, our demand in the main isn't going to go away in the meantime.

Amberexile wrote:
Exactly, no point in rushing into something half-baked if they don't need to. Us fans will have to keep our money in our pockets for a while, our demand in the main isn't going to go away in the meantime.
Well, I suppose if you ask twenty fans what the club should do, you'd get a dozen answers. Some might suggest selling tickets now but wouldn't actually buy into it. One suggestion would also be to hold fire. As always, a few comments on this message board don't constitute a groundswell of opinion.

NearlyDead wrote:Though only tangential to some of the above
I see what you did there. :grin:
Also, will biosecure Premiership clubs want to play cup matches against clubs who don't operate in a biosecure environment?
Good point and not one I've seen raised anywhere.
IYHO you mean? :lol:

Amberexile wrote:
I can see the point in not making signings now. The converse, that you want to get your pieces in position early to give you the drop on the opposition is also valid. As with much in life two opposite points of view both have merit.

However not raising funds now. There is no argument I can see for delay there. Not seeking ideas from committed supporters, who at the moment have plenty of time on their hands. Not doing that now, I can't see an argument for that either.

There are situations where you can make the decision to wait and see. There are situations where you have to act. It appears to me that some supporters and our board of directors are unable to distinguish between the two.

I wish Jamma all the best but I think we got the best season out of him for 18-19 so I'm not gutted to see him go. There were times last season where he looked knackered and was poor in the air. I don't think he'll get anywhere near 20 goals in a season for FGR.

Let's get Nouble back!

Exile 1976 wrote:Nouble was all fart and no poo.
24 goals in 144 games in his last three seasons.
10 in 52 for us and 14 in 92 for Colchester.
Compare that to Matt who has 26 goals in 97 games for us in his last two seasons.
Behave yourself.

One small point everyone of those 24 give or take was a cracker.
Never seen Matt out wide either. :lol: