Re: Jamille Matt to FGR

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Good luck to jamma hope he has a decent season

But I hope FGR get relegated cant stand the club
You really have a problem don't you. :roll:
Wrexham, Cardiff, Liverpool and Uncle Tom Cobley and all. :lol:
Not to mention Mansfield and Kidderminster.....
The Scabs anyone with a mining family will probably feel the same

What have I said about Kidderminster?

IMO a big mistake letting Matt and Bennett go

Even though we know their limitations we know what we get with them and they will cost a fair few quid to replace with equal type of players .
We have seen some of Flynn's signings and how many come even close to them ?
Azzez on a two and a half year deal ????WTF
Abrahams
Whitely ,
Poleeon ( thankfully he has gone but why the hell was money wasted on a player he never played ????)
Even though I still rate him and like watching him , an ageing Amond

That is our forward line next season :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

In midfield / defence we have no player anywhere near as good or like Bennett and who can fill three different positions

Who apart from Flynn would have given a crock a two year deal ?? ( Leadbitter ) Even the player himself knew his body wasnt up to it so I bet he bit Flynns hand off when offered a two year deal that will probably see him on the Physios table more than on the pitch

JonD wrote:I think it'd have been a big mistake to sign them.

That's not to say I wouldn't have liked them to have stayed. But it would have been a mistake to spend money we didn't have on them.
I agree.

But it does rather beg the question. Transfer fees in excess of £1 Million, Cup runs, play-off final, eight live TV appearances. If we don't have the money where the f@ck did it go?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

That's not to say I wouldn't have liked them to have stayed. But it would have been a mistake to spend money we didn't have on them.
I agree.

But it does rather beg the question. Transfer fees in excess of £1 Million, Cup runs, play-off final, eight live TV appearances. If we don't have the money where the f@ck did it go?
Stan.

A million big ones lasts about 4-6 months at a club like ours. There won't be much left, if any. Any new signings, and my guess would be 3 max (1 permanent, 2 loans) will be paid for via bank overdraft or advance ST sales when that's possible.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I agree.

Stan.

A million big ones lasts about 4-6 months at a club like ours. There won't be much left, if any. Any new signings, and my guess would be 3 max (1 permanent, 2 loans) will be paid for via bank overdraft or advance ST sales when that's possible.
Firstly we still receive EFL grants, 80% of staff wages are being picked up by the government and although players will be above the cap, it will still be a huge proportion of those wages also. As thus far our loss of income is from 4 League games, and as all the monies I listed in my post above will not, or at least should not, have been relied upon, it would appear that someone has been profligate.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Good luck to jamma hope he has a decent season

But I hope FGR get relegated cant stand the club
You really have a problem don't you. :roll:
Wrexham, Cardiff, Liverpool and Uncle Tom Cobley and all. :lol:
Fancy a football fan not liking other Clubs :roll:
:twisted: Apart from Liddypool ( not interested in Premiershit ) I pretty well loathe those on the list too. Do I need an analyst?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I agree.

Stan.

Firstly we still receive EFL grants, 80% of staff wages are being picked up by the government and although players will be above the cap, it will still be a huge proportion of those wages also. As thus far our loss of income is from 4 League games, and as all the monies I listed in my post above will not, or at least should not, have been relied upon, it would appear that someone has been profligate.
An alternative view. When a business has one tangible asset - cash at bank - at a time of economic uncertainty, then it does everything it can to protect it.

Jonesy3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I agree.

Stan.

An alternative view. When a business has one tangible asset - cash at bank - at a time of economic uncertainty, then it does everything it can to protect it.
Had we had the money to have kept Bennett and have not done so, I would be surprised. In fact I'd be amazed.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Jonesy3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I agree.

Stan.

Had we had the money to have kept Bennett and have not done so, I would be surprised. In fact I'd be amazed.
I wouldn't. My business was closed for almost four months. No income at all during that time. We furloughed staff and took every grant we were eligible for, but we didn't spend any money we didn't have to during that time because we didn't know when we'd next receive any income. That's how we've survived to be able to reopen with no job losses and money still in the bank. I wouldn't be spending money on new contracts for players until I knew when there'd be income again.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Jonesy3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I agree.

Stan.

Rumours are that the season may start in October if we are lucky..... The Government have paid the club up to £2500 per player / staff member from the time we stopped playing , all the way through the summer ( when in a normal season we have to pay contracted player with NO INCOME ) and up to mid to late August before they return to pre season training.
With all the monies we have earned through the past two seasons with the cup runs , TV and increased gates I find it worrying and disappointing that we cant afford to pay the two players that we released.
Where has it gone , if it has ????
Money was found to increase the pay of a manager who wanted to leave, money was paid to dish out two year contracts to untried players , a two year contract was paid to a player who was crocked before and since we signed him but a decent player like Bennett was released because we couldnt afford him ?????
Granted we lost the income of 4 home games but we also didnt have to pay for the 4 / 5 away games travel expenses and we have never had the government paying up to £2500 per staff member in the past like we have since March until we go back to train for the new season

There’s a difference between not being able afford to pay someone and not paying someone needlessly there may well be money in the bank that is being used to cover the costs that the club are obliged to pay how long that would last I don’t know.when will the EFL payments that we would normally receive go in the bank,when do we start selling ST,when the EFL decide on a start date then the club will have an idea of when training would start and furlough would end then I guess at that point we will find out if we can make signings or not.

phil crump wrote:There’s a difference between not being able afford to pay someone and not paying someone needlessly there may well be money in the bank that is being used to cover the costs that the club are obliged to pay how long that would last I don’t know.when will the EFL payments that we would normally receive go in the bank,when do we start selling ST,when the EFL decide on a start date then the club will have an idea of when training would start and furlough would end then I guess at that point we will find out if we can make signings or not.
The point is that the squad we presently have could end up being slaughtered, week in, week out. 19/20 was a very disappointing season. However O'Brien and Bennett let nobody down. And we were relegation form with those two from September onwards. Amond, whilst still a very good player, is beginning to show signs of aging and whilst Matt didn't have a great season, let's face it, we've had worse.

Remember we have to replace three and hope Podge can summon up one last season. And we have to do that to stand still.

Of course, stranger things have happened. Perhaps with a year under their belts some of last years also rans may blossom.

I hope so, because if they don't, we could really struggle.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
phil crump wrote:There’s a difference between not being able afford to pay someone and not paying someone needlessly there may well be money in the bank that is being used to cover the costs that the club are obliged to pay how long that would last I don’t know.when will the EFL payments that we would normally receive go in the bank,when do we start selling ST,when the EFL decide on a start date then the club will have an idea of when training would start and furlough would end then I guess at that point we will find out if we can make signings or not.
The point is that the squad we presently have could end up being slaughtered, week in, week out. 19/20 was a very disappointing season. However O'Brien and Bennett let nobody down. And we were relegation form with those two from September onwards. Amond, whilst still a very good player, is beginning to show signs of aging and whilst Matt didn't have a great season, let's face it, we've had worse.

Remember we have to replace three and hope Podge can summon up one last season. And we have to do that to stand still.

Of course, stranger things have happened. Perhaps with a year under their belts some of last years also rans may blossom.

I hope so, because if they don't, we could really struggle.
We might well struggle Stan but so will others Macclesfield have 2 registered players and as mentioned before clubs like Oldham and Southend were struggling financially well before the lockdown I honestly believe next season could well be a battle at the bottom between clubs in administration and a cpl could well go totally