Re: Jamille Matt to FGR

pembsexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Here’s a clue. The word ends in fiddlers.
Ha! I also call Cheltenham the horse worriers

Don't have a problem with either club
I didn’t say you did, that was someone else. I just explained it.
I have a problem with every other club. They are the enemy and must be destroyed. All of them.

Before anyone gets annoyed, I am speaking figuratively.

excessbee wrote:First things first. There has to be a definite starting date for matches. I assume there will be a six week minimum announcement on that. Clubs can't just go making statements to fans until Government guidelines are in place and the EFL has consulted with clubs.
Why on earth could Newport County not make the following statement to fans if they wished to do so?

We do not know when the new season will start or when fans will be able to attend. However to aid cash flow Newport County will be placing on sale books of 10 tickets, redeemable at any 10 future County games. The cost of these books will be £.........

Though only tangential to some of the above, IMHO it's currently a folly to bank on next season starting on time or going the distance without disruption. You only have to look at what is happening currently with attendance in work places and community settings resulting in places being shutdown shortly after opening. So disruption should be anticipated.

Until there is a 60-70% effective vaccine (and even when there is), local hot spots and shutdowns will likely be the common through 2020 into early-mid 2021.

None of L1 and L2 players will be likely be playing in biosecure bubbles (like the cricketers and Premiership players have been), so one case within a club will shut it down for a minimum of 7 days. Then, to me, it will be pointless testing other players/staff once an initial positive diagnosis is made in one player for at least 4 or 5 days after that initial diagnosis, since you will have to retest after that time anyway. So you could easily have a 12-14 days shutdown at a club. And at RP you will have a minimum of two teams possibly causing cross-contamination.

Also, will biosecure Premiership clubs want to play cup matches against clubs who don't operate in a biosecure environment? Wouldn't think so, but not seen that particular topic broached. I'd want to cancel the league cup and FA cup for 2020/21 if I were a Premiership club, or at least have the option to opt out of the competition for the coming season.

NearlyDead wrote:Though only tangential to some of the above, IMHO it's currently a folly to bank on next season starting on time or going the distance without disruption. You only have to look at what is happening currently with attendance in work places and community settings resulting in places being shutdown shortly after opening. So disruption should be anticipated.

Until there is a 60-70% effective vaccine (and even when there is), local hot spots and shutdowns will likely be the common through 2020 into early-mid 2021.

None of L1 and L2 players will be likely be playing in biosecure bubbles (like the cricketers and Premiership players have been), so one case within a club will shut it down for a minimum of 7 days. Then, to me, it will be pointless testing other players/staff once an initial positive diagnosis is made in one player for at least 4 or 5 days after that initial diagnosis, since you will have to retest after that time anyway. So you could easily have a 12-14 days shutdown at a club. And at RP you will have a minimum of two teams possibly causing cross-contamination.

Also, will biosecure Premiership clubs want to play cup matches against clubs who don't operate in a biosecure environment? Wouldn't think so, but not seen that particular topic broached. I'd want to cancel the league cup and FA cup for 2020/21 if I were a Premiership club, or at least have the option to opt out of the competition for the coming season.
On this I am in complete agreement.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:First things first. There has to be a definite starting date for matches. I assume there will be a six week minimum announcement on that. Clubs can't just go making statements to fans until Government guidelines are in place and the EFL has consulted with clubs.
Why on earth could Newport County not make the following statement to fans if they wished to do so?

We do not know when the new season will start or when fans will be able to attend. However to aid cash flow Newport County will be placing on sale books of 10 tickets, redeemable at any 10 future County games. The cost of these books will be £.........
Cpl of possible issues with this idea and this isn’t saying it’s a a bad idea but firstly if X amount took this option up then I would imagine the first game in front of any supporters would be very popular but if any restrictions on numbers at the start by govt how would the club decide who gets in if say 1500 had taken option up but only 1000 allowed in would also then exclude any supporters who hadn’t taken this up so may prove very unpopular also many may not take option up until a time when supporters are allowed in so dependent on fixture list and how many games are behind closed doors and what opponents are left may influence people’s decisions.the club need some idea of ticket money now to establish some kind of budget.so going on your idea of stating its to aid cash flow I would actually sell full season tickets now at a lower price than normal but with a benefit of say when full allocation of supporters allowed each ST holder can bring a + 1 to every game

A variation on this might be to sell season tickets at regular prices this season with a guarantee that renewals (for season 21/22) would automatically incorporate a pro rata discount for games behind closed doors in 20/21. So that if attendance was not allowed till January, and say twelve (home) matches were behind closed doors, the cost next season for renewing would be just 11/23 of the regular price. There is an overall loss of revenue, but it brings forward income to the time that it is needed.

excessbee wrote:A variation on this might be to sell season tickets at regular prices this season with a guarantee that renewals (for season 21/22) would automatically incorporate a pro rata discount for games behind closed doors in 20/21. So that if attendance was not allowed till January, and say twelve (home) matches were behind closed doors, the cost next season for renewing would be just 11/23 of the regular price. There is an overall loss of revenue, but it brings forward income to the time that it is needed.
That's a very good idea. Perhaps better than mine. Then again nothing to stop you doing both. And to answer Phil's point I doubt that we will see an 8,000 crowd for a first game back but if advance sales were pointing that way a warning should be given to turn up early if you either have a 'top ten' ticket or intend to pay on the day.

But this is why our board are so totally inadequate. You can't prepare for every circumstance which might arise. But you can react to those circumstances. That is within our control.

So do you want a board of directors who are proactive, or do you want a board who do f@ck all other than to bugger off and consider their positions until they can pose with the FA Cup?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:A variation on this might be to sell season tickets at regular prices this season with a guarantee that renewals (for season 21/22) would automatically incorporate a pro rata discount for games behind closed doors in 20/21. So that if attendance was not allowed till January, and say twelve (home) matches were behind closed doors, the cost next season for renewing would be just 11/23 of the regular price. There is an overall loss of revenue, but it brings forward income to the time that it is needed.
That's a very good idea. Perhaps better than mine. Then again nothing to stop you doing both. And to answer Phil's point I doubt that we will see an 8,000 crowd for a first game back but if advance sales were pointing that way a warning should be given to turn up early if you either have a 'top ten' ticket or intend to pay on the day.

But this is why our board are so totally inadequate. You can't prepare for every circumstance which might arise. But you can react to those circumstances. That is within our control.

So do you want a board of directors who are proactive, or do you want a board who do f@ck all other than to bugger off and consider their positions until they can pose with the FA Cup?
I doubt we would get 8000 either but also thought we were having a debate and bandying some ideas about obviously not

phil crump wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I doubt we would get 8000 either but also thought we were having a debate and bandying some ideas about obviously not
Yes. You raised a good point, I gave you my opinion as to how to deal with the problem you rightly drew attention to.

I dont know the ifollow cut but assuming County take 100%, I'd sell a season pass for home and away for £200 to watch all games on TV.

Then with that pass, tickets to a game would be £10. Full price without pass.
Stan A. Einstein wrote:So do you want a board of directors who are proactive, or do you want a board who do f@ck all other than to bugger off and consider their positions until they can pose with the FA Cup?
If there is anyone out there willing to apply and do the job, I am willing to listen to what they have to say and consider voting them in.

If there is no one, then it's a good job someone is doing the job at all.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
phil crump wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes. You raised a good point, I gave you my opinion as to how to deal with the problem you rightly drew attention to.
And I’ve tried to give an opinion a reason for that opinion and a suggestion all without having to resort to having digs

phil crump wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
phil crump wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

And I’ve tried to give an opinion a reason for that opinion and a suggestion all without having to resort to having digs
I haven't had a dig at you.

All these good ideas and not a peep out of our good old BOD's.
Lovely life.
Thinking about those sandwiches maybe.
Maybe the policy is do nowt and all our problems upcoming will sort themselves out.
Dozen Ostriches required at Bristol Zoo.
Did you see the Advert. :roll: