Re: Jamille Matt to FGR

Countymax wrote:I wish Jamma all the best but I think we got the best season out of him for 18-19 so I'm not gutted to see him go. There were times last season where he looked knackered and was poor in the air. I don't think he'll get anywhere near 20 goals in a season for FGR.

Let's get Nouble back!
Here Here. 8)

Exile 1976 wrote:Nouble was all fart and no poo.
24 goals in 144 games in his last three seasons.
10 in 52 for us and 14 in 92 for Colchester.
Compare that to Matt who has 26 goals in 97 games for us in his last two seasons.
Statistically, Matt was also one of the most effective players in all leagues when it came to clearing defensive corners. Not the most glamorous role for a striker, admittedly, but it was clearly a job well done.

That said, I do wonder whether we'd seen the best of him and Flynn was planning to move him on anyway. Bennett's statement alluded to Flynn wanting to keep him, possibly leaving the door to him re-signing when circumstances allow. The was no such suggestion with Matt...

halfmoon wrote:
Compare that to Matt who has 26 goals in 97 games for us in his last two seasons.
Statistically, Matt was also one of the most effective players in all leagues when it came to clearing defensive corners. Not the most glamorous role for a striker, admittedly, but it was clearly a job well done.

That said, I do wonder whether we'd seen the best of him and Flynn was planning to move him on anyway. Bennett's statement alluded to Flynn wanting to keep him, possibly leaving the door to him re-signing when circumstances allow. The was no such suggestion with Matt...

Very possibly, he didn’t have a good season in front of goal but he, as you say, still defended well and put in a real shift each and every game and yet he still scored 1 more goal than Nouble, in less games too (just for you FN3 :wink: :lol: )

Exile 1976 wrote:
halfmoon wrote:

Very possibly, he didn’t have a good season in front of goal but he, as you say, still defended well and put in a real shift each and every game and yet he still scored 1 more goal than Nouble, in less games too (just for you FN3 :wink: :lol: )
From out wide? :lol: