Cardiff and Swansea both in the playoffs

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

halfmoon

Cardiff and Swansea both in the playoffs

Postby halfmoon » July 22nd, 2020, 8:38 pm

Not an ideal time to be a County fan unsure when (or even if) we'll ever kick a ball again, is it?
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Re: Cardiff and Swansea both in the playoffs

Postby neilcork68 » July 22nd, 2020, 8:49 pm

halfmoon wrote:Not an ideal time to be a County fan unsure when (or even if) we'll ever kick a ball again, is it?

Why ?
I dont see them as rivals anymore....when was the last time we faced any of them in the League...?????
.Swansea in the FA CUP years ago when we were non league and Cardiff in the Welsh invitational trophy , also many years ago were the last time we played either of them.
Unless we draw them in the FL Cup or the FA Cup it will be many years until we face them in the same League unless they have a mighty fall as I cant see us climbing the pyramid unless someone wins the Euro lottery
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » July 22nd, 2020, 8:54 pm

Horrible bleeders but I have to say a HUGE WELL DONE to Nathan Jones on saving Luton...They were 10 points adrift in February. He came back and saved them
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » July 22nd, 2020, 9:15 pm

Incredible night of football in the Championship. How did Forest surrender an 8 point goal difference from the start of the night. Remarkable and well done the Jacks. Swans v Cardiff final with the Jacks to win.

Like others have said, they are no longer our rivals. They are both streets and stadiums ahead of us. They know when they are playing football again, like the rest of our League, we don’t. I just hope that things are progressing behind the scenes because we may not even have a bloody home in a few years.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » July 22nd, 2020, 9:46 pm

So glad they didn’t just ‘null and void’ the season. It’s been a great ending and final day in the Premier League should be a cracker too.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » July 22nd, 2020, 9:52 pm

pembsexile wrote:Incredible night of football in the Championship. How did Forest surrender an 8 point goal difference from the start of the night. Remarkable and well done the Jacks. Swans v Cardiff final with the Jacks to win.

Like others have said, they are no longer our rivals. They are both streets and stadiums ahead of us. They know when they are playing football again, like the rest of our League, we don’t. I just hope that things are progressing behind the scenes because we may not even have a bloody home in a few years.

Think it was a +5 advantage, but still a massive turnaround. Reading defender getting sent off was a big bonus.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » July 22nd, 2020, 10:18 pm

I’ve said before,it is good to have a Welsh team in the Premiership and I can see a live Prem game if I want to now and then.I watch them as a neutral not hating or loving them.
no avatar
User

Special branch

Postby Special branch » July 22nd, 2020, 10:23 pm

Great to see Cardiff and Swansea in the Play Offs. Well done to both especially Swansea who had a great deal to do.
User

SwanseaJack

Abertawe, Cymru

Postby SwanseaJack » July 22nd, 2020, 10:38 pm

:cheers:
Thanks chaps. Unbelievable end to the season tonight. Never thought we’d turn over that goal deficit with Notts forest.
Nerves are in bits now.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » July 23rd, 2020, 11:39 am

I'd rather it be Swansea than Cardiff. I'd rather it a Welsh side than an English side. But I'm a County supporter and won't lose too much sleep, whichever of the four go up.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » July 23rd, 2020, 12:02 pm

Wasn't expecting both of them in the playoffs, but I did post a while back wondering, if (Cardiff) are ultimately successful, there might be a couple of fringe/younger players surplus to requirements. Neither club will have issued a retained/released list yet so who knows.
no avatar
User

Fu Ming

Postby Fu Ming » July 23rd, 2020, 12:32 pm

excessbee wrote:Wasn't expecting both of them in the playoffs, but I did post a while back wondering, if (Cardiff) are ultimately successful, there might be a couple of fringe/younger players surplus to requirements. Neither club will have issued a retained/released list yet so who knows.

Agree with comment.
It would be good for South Wales to have a premiership team and like you said perhaps we could benefit from a loanee or two from either of their sides
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » July 23rd, 2020, 2:57 pm

SwanseaJack wrote::cheers:
Thanks chaps. Unbelievable end to the season tonight. Never thought we’d turn over that goal deficit with Notts forest.
Nerves are in bits now.

Made up for you mate i believe you can do it

Come on the Jacks!!
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » July 23rd, 2020, 4:25 pm

I mansplained to my wife why either Cardiff or Swansea would qualify, but not both.
User

Ado

Postby Ado » July 24th, 2020, 8:02 am

If there was an international tiddlywinks tournament and Cardiff were playing Timbuctoo, I'd support the latter. It's not in my dna to support those coconuts.
Next