Re: New low.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Agreed , then they get a loan at an extortionate interest rate and the cycle starts again.
So knowing that opinion seems very much that this link up is bad for Newport County, do you think perhaps that those with charge of our club should pull the plug on this?

They haven't had the best of summers, such a move would help restore credibility. It would show a willingness to listen. It would show a certain humility. It would show real courage. Most of all it would be right.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on August 2nd, 2020, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No, you fool, you legalise it. And it is legal. Gambing has probably hurt a few. True. But Stan you're essentially saying lets legalise (drugs) and conservative MP's doing what they will with their secretary's. See the road you're going down.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Agreed , then they get a loan at an extortionate interest rate and the cycle starts again.
So knowing that opinion seems very much that this link up is bad for Newport County, do you think perhaps that those with charge of our club should pull the plug on this?

They haven't had the best of summers, such a move would help restore credibility. It would show a willingness to listen. It would show a certain humility. It would show real courage. Most of all it would be right.
No, you educate people to do things in moderation , like Pembsexile does. The loan companies that gift money with no stringent checks are equally culpable

Lost in Willesden wrote:No, you fool, you legalise it. And it is legal. Gambing has probably hurt a few. True. But Stan you're essentially saying lets legalise (drugs) and conservative MP's doing what they will with their secretary's. See the road you're going down.
I would legalize drugs. Far and away the most dangerous drugs are alcohol and tobacco. But by license and restriction they do not cause mayhem.

I am not suggesting we ban gambling, much as I dislike it, I think that we should ban online gambling. Nobody betting in their bedrooms in the small hours is doing it for fun. Now Newport County can't legislate but we can, and in my view should, take a stand.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

No, you educate people to do things in moderation , like Pembsexile does. The loan companies that gift money with no stringent checks are equally culpable
Unfortunately you can't educate an addict to do things in moderation.

By the way there are no such things as loan companies that gift money. They sell money. These so called loan companies sell money at an extortionate rate.

I agree with you. They are as bad.

Here's one.. during our cup runs we've all hoped for TV games and the money they bring. That money comes from BT who get it from the ample betting company adverts they showed during our games.

Were we wrong to celebrate being chosen for these games?

Our recent history has been built on money from gambling sources. Returned to the league on the back of lottery money, raffles, county lottery, sponsors, TV company money and even the league prize money comes from them.

I ask would the fan base be happy to take the moral high ground if it means less (alot less) income from these sources while our rivals scoop them up?

Papski2 wrote:Here's one.. during our cup runs we've all hoped for TV games and the money they bring. That money comes from BT who get it from the ample betting company adverts they showed during our games.

Our recent history has been built on money from gambling sources. Returned to the league on the back of lottery money, raffles, county lottery, sponsors, TV company money and even the league prize money comes from them.

I ask would the fan base be happy to take the moral high ground if it means less (alot less) income from these sources while our rivals scoop them up?
That is an excellent point

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Unfortunately you can't educate an addict to do things in moderation.

By the way there are no such things as loan companies that gift money. They sell money. These so called loan companies sell money at an extortionate rate.

I agree with you. They are as bad.
And the people’s club Sligo Rovers main shirt sponsors are ?

Avantcard,Brendan says they are trustworthy and wouldn’t charge extortionate fees and wouldn’t cause misery to anyone who fell behind with their monthly payments.No need for him to go on Sligo forum lambasting the directors for this abominable decision.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Lost in Willesden wrote:No, you fool, you legalise it. And it is legal. Gambing has probably hurt a few. True. But Stan you're essentially saying lets legalise (drugs) and conservative MP's doing what they will with their secretary's. See the road you're going down.
I would legalize drugs. Far and away the most dangerous drugs are alcohol and tobacco. But by license and restriction they do not cause mayhem.

I am not suggesting we ban gambling, much as I dislike it, I think that we should ban online gambling. Nobody betting in their bedrooms in the small hours is doing it for fun. Now Newport County can't legislate but we can, and in my view should, take a stand.
So you would legalise cocaine and heroin?

Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes I would.

Let me explain. Children are groomed by being given heroin. Once hooked they have to buy it. They then have three choices. They thieve, they prostitute themselves or they deal. If the drug was available from a doctor, there is no profit for the criminals who supply. The criminal dealers have no profit motive therefore to entice young vulnerable people to start the habit. Further under medical supervision the impurities or more often the very pure form of the drug doesn't end up killing people.

I worked at the criminal bar for 20 years. I can assure you that if alcohol was invented tomorrow it would be a class A drug. The war on drugs has been lost. Unfortunately politicians know this but know also that most of those who vote are against the decriminalization of drugs.

Papski2 wrote:Here's one.. during our cup runs we've all hoped for TV games and the money they bring. That money comes from BT who get it from the ample betting company adverts they showed during our games.

This point we have discussed. I agree with you that in an ideal world gambling would not exist. I agree that taking the moral high ground is prone to make us all hypothetical.

However. This discussion is about a gambling app. Gambling apps do not promote a flutter of a few quid on a Saturday. Gambling apps promote addiction. And for that reason this decision by Newport County in my view crosses a line.

Percy plunkett wrote:Avantcard,Brendan says they are trustworthy and wouldn’t charge extortionate fees

Percy,

If you are able to post up where I have said this I will tomorrow put £20,000 into the crowd funding of Newport County.

If you can't then everyone who reads this thread will be aware that you are a liar.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes I would.

Let me explain. Children are groomed by being given heroin. Once hooked they have to buy it. They then have three choices. They thieve, they prostitute themselves or they deal. If the drug was available from a doctor, there is no profit for the criminals who supply. The criminal dealers have no profit motive therefore to entice young vulnerable people to start the habit. Further under medical supervision the impurities or more often the very pure form of the drug doesn't end up killing people.

I worked at the criminal bar for 20 years. I can assure you that if alcohol was invented tomorrow it would be a class A drug. The war on drugs has been lost. Unfortunately politicians know this but know also that most of those who vote are against the decriminalization of drugs.
Percy, Initial reaction is to balk at the idea, but read up on Portugal and Class A drugs and you may change your mind.