Re: Latest Board Minutes

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Brendan,we are a fan owned club,it is for the fans to contribute financially to help to sustain it.You claim to be a fan,can you remind us how much you have put into the club over the last 5 years.My last comment is perfectly true in this instance.
I see. Unless I donate a sum of money to Newport County you believe I will be in part responsible for the deaths of my fellow human beings.

Nonsense.
For the demise of our football club,can you answer the question,how much have you stumped up in the last 5 years.

amberbhoy wrote:If we are that flush does getting rid of Benno and Jamma become a bit more puzzling being the manager wanted both players to stay.
Reading messages on social media both players were sorry to have to leave
It's still the sensible thing to do for a club that doesn't know where it's next income stream will come from, or how much it'll be. We're one of twelve League 2 clubs that haven't (re-)signed a player. Unless you're a club with a millionaire signing the cheques, it's irresponsible to start doling out contracts.

...and for what it's worth, I'm still willing to bet that Bennett will be back in the squad when circumstances allow.

halfmoon wrote:
amberbhoy wrote:If we are that flush does getting rid of Benno and Jamma become a bit more puzzling being the manager wanted both players to stay.
Reading messages on social media both players were sorry to have to leave
It's still the sensible thing to do for a club that doesn't know where it's next income stream will come from, or how much it'll be. We're one of twelve League 2 clubs that haven't (re-)signed a player. Unless you're a club with a millionaire signing the cheques, it's irresponsible to start doling out contracts.

...and for what it's worth, I'm still willing to bet that Bennett will be back in the squad when circumstances allow.
In fairness we have signed a new Media Manager, but not sure what position GF thinks he/she will play.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Brendan,we are a fan owned club,it is for the fans to contribute financially to help to sustain it.You claim to be a fan,can you remind us how much you have put into the club over the last 5 years.My last comment is perfectly true in this instance.
I see. Unless I donate a sum of money to Newport County you believe I will be in part responsible for the deaths of my fellow human beings.

Nonsense.
For the demise of our football club,can you answer the question,how much have you stumped up in the last 5 years.
Percy,

I don't know. It rather depends on what you would regard as stumping up. Flights, entry, programmes, lottery tickets, etc. Hard to say. But even if I did know I wouldn't answer. It's an impertinent question.
If asked I wouldn't name the two former directors of Newport County who told me that they thought you a bit odd. As any barrister would tell you, some questions are best not asked.

I would be surprised if there were only two.My partner was asked about her new boyfriend,she said “He is a bit odd”,that was over 20 years ago and she is still with me.Being called odd doesn’t bother me in fact I like it.My question was,how much have you actually given to aid the club you say you love,flights to deal with business and going to away games do not help our club.You did say that you wouldn’t give a penny to the club,you have a odd way of supporting the club.The amount that Brendan Halligan has donated is £0.00 so why not say it.

Alan G Bryant wrote:I agree Percy , odd for one person is normal for another, as long as people obey the law they can be as odd as they like.
Agree.

And what is more unless Percy is a very unpleasant liar, I will be donating £20,000 to Newport County later today.

However if Percy is the rather pathetic little liar I believe him to be, then no doubt you and Percy will stump up £10,000 each.

No need to do it anonymously. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:I agree Percy , odd for one person is normal for another, as long as people obey the law they can be as odd as they like.
Agree.

And what is more unless Percy is a very unpleasant liar, I will be donating £20,000 to Newport County later today.

However if Percy is the rather pathetic little liar I believe him to be, then no doubt you and Percy will stump up £10,000 each.

No need to do it anonymously. :grin:
I applaud your generosity Stan!