Re: Season Tickets

I'm sure that I read somewhere that ifollow will remain in place until minimum of 50% of capacity in grounds is reached but I could be wrong. It also seems to vary from club to club and what they can negotiate with EFL etc.. Bradford have sold 9,000+ STs so far with an initial capacity limit of 7,000. They are splitting the ST membership into 2 groups - Amber and Claret, so that they will take it in turns to attend home games until restrictions are lifted. So as it stands, once fans are allowed back in Valley Parade with a reduced 7,000 capacity, then 4,500 Amber ST members will be able to attend plus 2,500 pay on the day. Following home game it will be Claret ST member plus 2,500 pay on the day and so on.

That seems a very unfair plan. How can they allow pay on the day ahead of season ticket holders. You could get a pay on the day fan being allowed to attend more often than a fan with a season ticket. Surely the first refusal on the extra 2,500 places should go to the fans who have paid up front.

excessbee wrote:That seems a very unfair plan. How can they allow pay on the day ahead of season ticket holders. You could get a pay on the day fan being allowed to attend more often than a fan with a season ticket. Surely the first refusal on the extra 2,500 places should go to the fans who have paid up front.

That's what they are doing. I guess the logistics would be tricky to give ST holders first refusal. Ifollow is available to ST holders for the whole season to soften the blow and the Amber / Claret thing was made clear prior to STs going on sale. If they sell 14,000 STs like they did last season then no match day tickets will be available.

faerun exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:That seems a very unfair plan. How can they allow pay on the day ahead of season ticket holders. You could get a pay on the day fan being allowed to attend more often than a fan with a season ticket. Surely the first refusal on the extra 2,500 places should go to the fans who have paid up front.

That's what they are doing. I guess the logistics would be tricky to give ST holders first refusal. Ifollow is available to ST holders for the whole season to soften the blow and the Amber / Claret thing was made clear prior to STs going on sale. If they sell 14,000 STs like they did last season then no match day tickets will be available.
Nah, simple. Give every season ticket a number. On 'amber matches', allocate 2000 of the spare seats to odd/even (alternately) claret ticket holders. That way you maximise (fairly) the number of matches a season ticket holder can watch.

Edit: Just reconsidered this. They haven't stopped selling season tickets! So my idea wouldn't work. I expect they will, by the time fans are admitted, not have many pay on the day to offer.

I see the pilot game involving Cambridge went ahead last night with 800+ fans present. I thought that social distancing was supposed to be strictly enforced.

From the picture I saw, there was a combination of groups of fans distancing and some fans standing together in small groups. I thought everyone was supposed to be spaced evenly. Obviously not. If they were supposed to be spaced then it was not enforced strictly at all. It will be interesting to see those test results of the pilot. They all had face masks on though. I suppose that is something.