Re: Did Len Hill Play?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Jimmy Cumbes had a substantial career as a keeper and fast bowler, and Jim Standen who was in goal when West Ham won the FA Cup played for Worcs. Plus there was a Carlisle player who played for Leicestershire.

Edit: Chris Balderstone.
Chris Balderstone was higher standard than that earlier in his career as a regular at Huddersfield Division 1.
Great memories as a youngster outside Hotel in Queens Street Cardiff getting Autos.
The great Ray Wilson, Mike O Grady also an English International and Chris Balderstone.
I believe Ray was a 1 club man happy to be corrected though.
Will get the books out later and have a look who was there that day.
Marvellous memories.
Wilson had a few Years at Everton,where he was during 66 WC.Had a bad injury later which more or less finished his career although not before short stints at Oldham and Bradford.Had a career as an Undertaker after retirement.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Jimmy Cumbes had a substantial career as a keeper and fast bowler, and Jim Standen who was in goal when West Ham won the FA Cup played for Worcs. Plus there was a Carlisle player who played for Leicestershire.

Edit: Chris Balderstone.
Chris Balderstone was higher standard than that earlier in his career as a regular at Huddersfield Division 1.
Great memories as a youngster outside Hotel in Queens Street Cardiff getting Autos.
The great Ray Wilson, Mike O Grady also an English International and Chris Balderstone.
I believe Ray was a 1 club man happy to be corrected though.
Will get the books out later and have a look who was there that day.
Marvellous memories.
Wilson had a few Years at Everton,where he was during 66 WC.Had a bad injury later which more or less finished his career although not before short stints at Oldham and Bradford.Had a career as an Undertaker after retirement.
Evening Percy of course he did.
Funny how things get forgotten.
Heard different ex Footballers talking about that 66 side and a lot state only a few were world class, but he always seems to be in that category.
World class they reckon at the time were just Banks, Wilson, Moore and Greaves who as we know never played.

My friend Andrew and I were cross country running in the Allt yr yn area whilst in Newport High School. We saw Len working on a garden and chatted with him for a minute It surprised us as he was a County regular. He was quite happy to chat. Two years before this George Walters delivered furniture to our house in Glasllwch. These things stuck with me: employment etc