Re: Scott Twine

Collars wrote:Hearing news of him on loan from Swindon. Young striker been loaned out to non league in the past and has scored a few in pre-season
Was he the trialist on Saturday that no one knew? Looks like some of the attackers are on their way out? Azeez?

Wellens described him as a 21 yr old with a 17 yr old body - Wants him to beef up at Newport!

If you look at his stats then it doesn't look promising...but...

If the Swindon Manager is describing him as a 21 year old with the body of a 17 year old then he's obviously been lightweight (possibly a late developer) but he scored a few at the end of the season and a few in pre-season so...

wattsville_boy wrote:If you look at his stats then it doesn't look promising...but...

If the Swindon Manager is describing him as a 21 year old with the body of a 17 year old then he's obviously been lightweight (possibly a late developer) but he scored a few at the end of the season and a few in pre-season so...
6 months under David Pipe will get him built up

Exile 1976 wrote:I think Harps needs to get a different contact as the one he had told him we weren't bringing in any players :wink: :lol: :lol:
Wrong there Exile.
Told we were starting training with a squad of 17 which was correct.
That's all we have now anyway.
Albeit we haven't got 17 First teamers regardless.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I think Harps needs to get a different contact as the one he had told him we weren't bringing in any players :wink: :lol: :lol:
Wrong there Exile.
Told we were starting training with a squad of 17 which was correct.
That's all we have now anyway.
Albeit we haven't got 17 First teamers regardless.

No, you also said we weren't going to be brining in any players and we were skint :lol:

Wellens seems pretty impressed with this guy. He has improved over the past few months apparently. He just thinks that he needs to beef up a bit.

I think that sometimes you have to read between the lines regarding what managers say about these type of players - after all, if he was that good why not keep him?

That said, I think he has potential. Could be really good for us, hope he gets some decent chances to play.