Inness and OBrien not replaced yet.

Both players have left but not been replaced with the same quality,

We need to bring in another experienced centre half or we are going to be very thin at the back, particularly if we pick up injuries or suspensions .

The St.Albans guy Longe - King looks like a replacement for Ekpiteta, so MF needs to act soon or we are in for a long season.

Re: Inness and OBrien not replaced yet.

Demetriou and Howkins are a good first-choice pair, and we've got Longe-King and Woodiwiss as backup. I'd agree that an extra body would be nice, but a) would anyone want to come to be fourth / fifth choice, and b) can we justify a wage for a fourth / fifth choice?

EDIT: forgot to mention Bennett - who can obviously supplement Demetriou and Howkins if we're playing a three, although personally I like him just in front of the defence.
Last edited by Kairdiff Exile on September 4th, 2020, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Inness and OBrien not replaced yet.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Would Inniss still have to serve the ban for his red card at Carlisle in our last game before lockdown? Which I suppose would be Palace's first three first-team games. Or did everyone start the season with the slate wiped clean, which I hope is what happened.
Bans are carried over to this season so he’s suspended. Not that I’d imagine he’s anywhere near consideration for Palace at the moment.