Re: 20/21 Squad

We've done very well to recruit this many in the circumstances but as others have said, we're light in central midfield as per last season - and as we know, Labs is unfortunately made of glass. If we can get one or two CM's on, that'd be great.

Updated 08/09/20.

GK: (2)
Tom King
Nick Townsend

DF: (8)
Mickey Demetriou
Kyle Howkins
David Longe-King
Ryan Haynes
Ashley Baker
Liam Shephard
Joe Woodiwiss
Brandon Cooper (in on loan - Swansea)
Daniel Leadbitter (out on loan - Yeovil)

MF: (6)
Joss Labadie
Josh Sheehan
Matt Dolan
Lewis Collins
Robbie Willmott
Scot Bennett

FW: (7)
Padraig Amond
Ryan Taylor
Tristan Abrahams
Adebayo Azeez
Kevin Ellison
Saikou Janneh (in on loan - Bristol City)
Scott Twine (in on loan - Swindon)
Corey Whitely (out on loan - Boreham Wood)

NearlyDead wrote:I hope the Whitely and Leadbitter loans have a no call-back clause if they get injured. We don't want any return to the club taking us over our max squad number. Currently OK I think. But might be an issue if we run with a squad of 22 plus U21s.

Will it make a difference though if they haven't/won't have a first team squad number?

Exile 1976 wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:I hope the Whitely and Leadbitter loans have a no call-back clause if they get injured. We don't want any return to the club taking us over our max squad number. Currently OK I think. But might be an issue if we run with a squad of 22 plus U21s.

Will it make a difference though if they haven't/won't have a first team squad number?
I see what you mean, but I don't know the answer on that. They are/would still be contracted to the club...

Would help if the actual squad rules were available somewhere.

We definitely need an experienced central midfielder......IMO as we are very light in that area

Labadie will probably miss 10 games next season through injury / suspensions
Dolan will be used more in central defence than midfield
Bennett is ok in midfield but still a centre half IMO
Collins and Willmott are wingers ONLY. , How MF see's him( Willmott) as a central midfielder is anyone's guess
Sheehan is one of our two proper midfielders at the club

Found this at the Stoke Sentinel:
In League One and League Two that squad size is reduced to 22.

This rule excludes players who were aged under 21 on January 1, 2020.
There was also some reference to home-grown players, which I don't quite understand the implications of for us (if there are any).

NearlyDead wrote:Found this at the Stoke Sentinel:
In League One and League Two that squad size is reduced to 22.

This rule excludes players who were aged under 21 on January 1, 2020.
There was also some reference to home-grown players, which I don't quite understand the implications of for us (if there are any).
To be homegrown a player must have been with an "English" club for at least three years before the age of twenty-one. That is any "English" club.