Re: GRANDSTAND: Exiles 'v' Swans

Good Morning!

Fantastic to see that word “Grandstand” !

It has become synonymous with the match day experience for many of us exiles, here and abroad, part of our routine on match days as we can’t get to the match.

I have formed many online friendships via the congregation in the Grandstand going back to the Conference South days when it was a much more genteel affair, with refreshments and cushions.

I hope it continues to be the focal point for all match day experiences in the future. Especially interesting are the comments from those actually at the game, as they log on after returning home or indeed, with modern technology, actually on their way home.

We only form a mental picture from the skills of the commentary team, much loved by most, but really just fans like us, with a tint of amber colouring their judgements!

So on to thoughts for today.... I think our new signings will form an instant connection with the rest of the team, confident from last weeks victory and Swans not really taking it too seriously, it all points to an early goal and then attacking play we haven’t seen for a while.
Two nil at half time, and a second half penalty won by Amond to make it three. Ellison coming on for the last ten minutes and scoring the fourth on his debut. An emphatic 4-0 victory and everyone happy!

Just a postscript, normally the Grandstand and I-follow have a time lag issue. With goals posted up before we have heard/seen them. Hopefully this may have improved as a lot more people will be watching the live stream and not at the game. However I imagine those with twitter and suchlike will still get instant updates.

I’ve already got my Amber top on, as I would have had. We would have been setting out about now (9-30) for the trip down to Newport. It’s great to have the football back, and for 90+ minutes we escape into another world, a world of hope and fantasy for our beloved Newport County!

Phil in Northampton

Re: GRANDSTAND: Exiles 'v' Swans

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Morning!

Fantastic to see that word “Grandstand” !

It has become synonymous with the match day experience for many of us exiles, here and abroad, part of our routine on match days as we can’t get to the match.

I have formed many online friendships via the congregation in the Grandstand going back to the Conference South days when it was a much more genteel affair, with refreshments and cushions.

I hope it continues to be the focal point for all match day experiences in the future. Especially interesting are the comments from those actually at the game, as they log on after returning home or indeed, with modern technology, actually on their way home.

We only form a mental picture from the skills of the commentary team, much loved by most, but really just fans like us, with a tint of amber colouring their judgements!

So on to thoughts for today.... I think our new signings will form an instant connection with the rest of the team, confident from last weeks victory and Swans not really taking it too seriously, it all points to an early goal and then attacking play we haven’t seen for a while.
Two nil at half time, and a second half penalty won by Amond to make it three. Ellison coming on for the last ten minutes and scoring the fourth on his debut. An emphatic 4-0 victory and everyone happy!

Just a postscript, normally the Grandstand and I-follow have a time lag issue. With goals posted up before we have heard/seen them. Hopefully this may have improved as a lot more people will be watching the live stream and not at the game. However I imagine those with twitter and suchlike will still get instant updates.

I’ve already got my Amber top on, as I would have had. We would have been setting out about now (9-30) for the trip down to Newport. It’s great to have the football back, and for 90+ minutes we escape into another world, a world of hope and fantasy for our beloved Newport County!

Phil in Northampton

Blimey........you do go on!!!!!

Nearly fell off to sleep half way through that PinN

:bounce: