Re: GRANDSTAND: Exiles 'v' Swans

Great result.
Great to turn over The Jacks.
Good to see Abrahams netting a brace, hope he has rediscovered some form that deserted towards the end of last season.
Good to see new signings Shepard and Twine start, Taylor coming on and Jennah on the bench.
Not to mention solid defensive work and a clean sheet.
Let’s push on from this next week.
Well done all.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
SwanseaJack wrote:Hell of a good result for County. What is it with you guys and cups.
All the best for the rest of the competition and the upcoming season.

Cheers mate really surprised at the swans today they played like a friendly
that's because our players and manager all need a good hard boot up the arse, possibly before the game even more so than after.

Lovely to see the ball on the deck and passed around.My only worry is that we tend to treat this Cup like the other one,we pass it around nicely as if it’s a friendly and play some squad members then,when it comes to league games we just hoof it.It was good to hear OB suggest that we are going to play a better style this year but,let’s wait until Scunthorpe to see if it’s true.

What a pleasant surprise. I had Swansea down for a comfortable win, especially when I saw the team they put out (even without their international players).

The challenge now is to replicate that sort of performance over the course of the season, not as an one-off. And that means that some of the "lesser lights" from past season(s) need to contribute more.

Enjoy the victory lads but remember come Monday to work hard that the good result at the beginning of the season leads to a good season...