Welsh Cup

Heard a rumour that English based Welsh clubs may be allowed to participate in the Welsh Cup again from the season after this one.

Initial discussions stated that they wouldn't be able to represent Wales in any European trophy if they win though.

What do you folks think, a good idea or just another potential fixture pile up?

Re: Welsh Cup

It would be a fourth Cup competition and would be fourth priority. We won't have a big enough squad and it would bring an unnecessary risk of injury. If true, the Welsh FA are maybe trying to breathe some life into it. I don't think they will want 'English Pyramid' clubs back in the competition. If they do, it's a no from me.

In my opinion we only entered it the last time to help the Welsh pyramid clubs out by giving them a decent gate and a change from playing amongst themselves. And what happened? The English club TNS tried to make monkeys out of us by insisting we played two games at the same time. They obviously resented our presence. So it's no from me.

I would much rather play in that than the EFL Trophy against an U21 side, but only if a repeat of the TNS situation is not allowed to happen. If we had the finances available to fully run a "reserve" or "U21" side then yes I would say go for all 4 cup competitions. But at the moment, only if we could drop the joke that is the EFL Trophy.

It was the FAW who insisted we play TNS on that date.It clashed meaning we had to play a handful of squad players and academy kids and,we got thumped.Would they allow us to re-arrange dates,would we have any spare dates,would the pitch take anymore extra games.The answers are all probably no.

Percy plunkett wrote:It was the FAW who insisted we play TNS on that date.It clashed meaning we had to play a handful of squad players and academy kids and,we got thumped.Would they allow us to re-arrange dates,would we have any spare dates,would the pitch take anymore extra games.The answers are all probably no.
I don't think that's right. The tie had to be played on or BEFORE 29th January 2012. TNS insisted on 29th, which they were entitled to do, but it was hardly a friendly act.

G Guest wrote:
I don't think that's right. The tie had to be played on or BEFORE 29th January 2012. TNS insisted on 29th, which they were entitled to do, but it was hardly a friendly act.
Think this through. Why should TNS assist us in a game that they wanted to win? If next Saturday Scunthorpe were to call Newport County and say that three of their best players are out, could we please postpone the game would you suggest that County in an act of kindness say, of course?

You wouldn't, I wouldn't, why on earth should TNS?

G Guest wrote:They disrespected the competition and turned it into s farce. That
's why.
How? By wanting to win it? Why should the Welsh FA or TNS give higher priority to the ELF than they do to their own competition? If you think this through if your criticism of the WFA or TNS were valid, could not the same be said of the EFL and Newport County? Why didn't we postpone our league game?