Re: Ekpiteta has left the club

Amberarmy wrote:Obviously Flynny felt he was not up to our standard. A shame we ever signed him really as we never gave him a chance. He was another panic signing we have made recently (Stojsavljevic and Azeez being the others). Saw him once vs West Ham U21's, didn't stand out but felt he should have been given several matches to get up to standard.

This will free the money up for another signing too. If the rumour about Azeez is true as well, then that's two out in as many days.

Wish him luck for the future.
It's what they bring to the Squad table in terms of effort, spirit and and attitude as well as following instructions and showing growth. Football ability and talent is only a part of what is needed. Also I if you are 3rd or 4th in pecking order to get 1st team action, then however much you strive, you may never get a shot.

An opportunity came up according to Ebbsfleet for him to sign for a conference club, so loan terminated, then we terminated contract. Good luck to him, hope things work out for him.

I suggested this a few weeks ago,instead of paying an agreed amount of his wages during his loan for the season,which has 10 months to run.We pay say 4 months upfront,he negotiates a new contract with them.We and he cancel the rest of the contract with us and his new improved contract with them means he isn’t out of pocket and,has got security of a longer deal.We are probably doing the same thing with Azeez,providing he can find a club,he doesn’t lose money and we save some.

Triangle wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:Obviously Flynny felt he was not up to our standard. A shame we ever signed him really as we never gave him a chance. He was another panic signing we have made recently (Stojsavljevic and Azeez being the others). Saw him once vs West Ham U21's, didn't stand out but felt he should have been given several matches to get up to standard.

This will free the money up for another signing too. If the rumour about Azeez is true as well, then that's two out in as many days.

Wish him luck for the future.
It's what they bring to the Squad table in terms of effort, spirit and and attitude as well as following instructions and showing growth. Football ability and talent is only a part of what is needed. Also I if you are 3rd or 4th in pecking order to get 1st team action, then however much you strive, you may never get a shot.

An opportunity came up according to Ebbsfleet for him to sign for a conference club, so loan terminated, then we terminated contract. Good luck to him, hope things work out for him.
I can assure you Spencer me old mate that if County signed me my attitude, effort and spirit would be spot on. I would follow instructions and I would improve.

Sadly it's not enough. It doesn't answer the question why we sign so many players who never play.