Re: Josh Sheehan

halfmoon wrote:I wonder how long this has been in the works for. Our recruitment so far doesn’t suggest we’re trying to replace him, so wishful thinking tells me it’s just a rumour.
Or, possibly, it has been in train for some time but we won’t green-light signing the replacement(s) until the ink is dry on Sheehan’s move and we know we’ll have the money to cover it.

Given how well he’s done for us in the last 12 months, I’d say the question isn’t whether he’ll go but when, and how much we can get for him.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Every player has his price. Were United hskint when they sold Ronaldo?
No. But had they not sold Ronaldo a twelvemonth later he went for nothing. In terms a cost of £84,600,000 for one season had they not sold him to Madrid.

County struggled last season. Losing O'Brien and now potentially Sheehan is leaving a big hole.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Every player has his price. Were United hskint when they sold Ronaldo?
No. But had they not sold Ronaldo a twelvemonth later he went for nothing. In terms a cost of £84,600,000 for one season had they not sold him to Madrid.

County struggled last season. Losing O'Brien and now potentially Sheehan is leaving a big hole.
And Sheehan can leave for nothing at the end of this season as have other players we could have received fee for by selling when under contract - how much would we have received for Butler, Day, Hughes, Byrne?
Absolutely right to sell anyone who gets a reasonable offer at our level, there are many free replacements in terms of fee available - it is readily possible that a sale of Sheehan could pay two- three annual wage packets.