Re: Support needed for Sports Trust

jonescmj1 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:"Entrepreneurial Insight"

100% spot on.

Why would they?

Seriously this whole thread comes across as some pipe dream, you never even kept in touch,
from what you stated with the chap who offered you free space!

To state the sizes do not matter and the insults you continue to chuck in on a thread with over a 1000 hits is pretty well
closing the door for you regardless of what you think of another poster.

Like I said thanks for deeds previously past, but this is a non starter imo.
And your opinion is not an informed opinion! It's called a prejudiced opinion, which derives from Latin or Greek and infers pre-judged, and if it's not Roman or Greek, it's Klingon, who cares!
Praejudiceum. It is Latin. Quite literally it means to prejudge. Not Greek, not Klingon.
In my poverty stricken younger days in Bettws, practising my conversational Latin, Greek and other classical languages was the only thing that kept me sane. So yes Colin I do care. God how I longed to be wealthy like the Malpas boys. No stork margarine for me, I had to make out with dripping from my Mam's frying pan. And the one sausage my dad got of a Sunday, well the fat from that had to see me through the week. And wiping my bum with old copies of the Argus? Fat chance, back then the Argus cost 3d. Afford that? You must be joking. I remember the winter of 62/63. The whole family sat around a single candle for warmth. I remember the last words of my dear old Gran, just before she froze to death. "F@ck" she said, "If only we had a match to light the bloody candle."
And you think you had it tough.

But despite being poor and heterosexual, I somehow managed to drag myself up from the gutter. But only because I knew the difference between Latin and Greek, and was able to join the Middle Temple.

Attention to detail, old chap.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:

100% spot on.

Why would they?

Seriously this whole thread comes across as some pipe dream, you never even kept in touch,

To state the sizes do not matter and the insults you continue to chuck in on a thread with over a 1000 hits is pretty well

And your opinion is not an informed opinion! It's called a prejudiced opinion, which derives from Latin or Greek and infers pre-judged, and if it's not Roman or Greek, it's Klingon, who cares!
Praejudiceum. It is Latin. Quite literally it means to prejudge. Not Greek, not Klingon.
In my poverty stricken younger days in Bettws, practising my conversational Latin, Greek and other classical languages was the only thing that kept me sane. So yes Colin I do care. God how I longed to be wealthy like the Malpas boys. No stork margarine for me, I had to make out with dripping from my Mam's frying pan. And the one sausage my dad got of a Sunday, well the fat from that had to see me through the week. And wiping my bum with old copies of the Argus? Fat chance, back then the Argus cost 3d. Afford that? You must be joking. I remember the winter of 62/63. The whole family sat around a single candle for warmth. I remember the last words of my dear old Gran, just before she froze to death. "F@ck" she said, "If only we had a match to light the bloody candle."

But despite being poor and heterosexual, I somehow managed to drag myself up from the gutter. But only because I knew the difference between Latin and Greek, and was able to join the Middle Temple.

I didn't give a rat's arse about Latin, it didn't pay the tally man, the milk round, paper-round, working at the greengrocer in Russel Drive did. Now how about we call a truce and you research the UK legal issues surrounding the making, by craftspeople, of Bathbombs, moulds, lipsalves, colours, butterbases, soap bases, shampoo bases, etc as can be found on the website, then we'll know the subtle differences in the UK market to the ANZ/NZ/US markets, any effort to replicate in the UK we would need to overcome.

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 28 Sept, 20:00

jonescmj1 wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:Mr Figo, I've Pm'd you and willthiswork. If image not received, I can resend to an email address.

Meanwhile,please checkout my Linkedin Profile, Staff Survey, Resume and the number of recommendations, from former, bosses, peers and reportees, many of whom are now in high positions of responsibility in the UK. https://www.linkedin.com/in/colinjones2009/
Hi Colin - what is it that you want WTW and myself to do with this info? I'm afraid I don't have a LinkedIn account.
If you don't have a Linkedin Account it's useless, but it is a way of communicating credibility, unlike a certain Mr Jerry Sherman, who conned us and multiple others. I've asked WTW to forward a copy of the business KPI's via email.
Sorry Colin, but I'm still trying to work out who you are expecting to produce these bath bombs. Most people have full time jobs. I admire your enthusiasm and also your successful business career, but In terms of fundraising for the Club those that do usually do it without such a large undertaking. Having not seen the email to WTW, who are the KPIs for? The Board?

There are no ******* bathbombs, this is what is so frustrating, nobody has actually checked what the product is, visit the website, dear God!
The. board have been sent a copy via Shaun Johnson and David Hando, who I've asked to be a referee on behalf of my sincerity, capability, teamsmanship and toileting habits. FFS!

It's raw materials for hobbyists! Colours scents and ingredients, a Facebook page or two and a small staffing, working a four day week, getting a three day weekend and being paid at a rate equivalent to a 5 day week, in a tiny warehouse.
Ok - bath bombs or not - who do you think is going to undertake this business venture, in the current climate?You say the word "hobbyists" - not sure the potential outlay sounds like a hobby to me.

jonescmj1 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:

100% spot on.

Why would they?

I didn't give a rat's arse about Latin, it didn't pay the tally man, the milk round, paper-round, working at the greengrocer in Russel Drive did. Now how about we call a truce and you research the UK legal issues surrounding the making, by craftspeople, of Bathbombs, moulds, lipsalves, colours, butterbases, soap bases, shampoo bases, etc as can be found on the website, then we'll know the subtle differences in the UK market to the ANZ/NZ/US markets, any effort to replicate in the UK we would need to overcome.
More than happy to call a truce.

I know nothing of trust law, consumer law etc. I specialized in Criminal defence and immigration. I suppose I can tell you the basics, or rather the principles but with the caveat that you should not rely on what I say.

I genuinely wish you every success and I am happy to reiterate that I applaud you and anyone else who has an idea to fundraise.
I do think though that you need to pay far more attention to detail. For me you need to address two points. Firstly volunteers can't be expected to have the same commitment as we all do to our careers. I'm sure when you began your enterprise you will have worked all hours. Volunteers only have a limited time. Volunteers can't be expected to do complicated work. There are going to be costs and expertise does not come cheap.
Secondly, stop seeing criticism as bad. Rather than run before you can walk try developing a plan which enables specific people who may be willing to volunteer to have specific limited tasks. Having read your website and posts there is nothing I have seen that has enthused me.

Look at Uptheport's lottery idea. I'm sure that deep down everyone involved knows it's one hell of a long shot. But it's fun and it's simple. Jim also doesn't p1ss everyone off by calling them blockers, negligent, etc if they choose not to join. At least think along the same lines.

Try breaking it down, small scale and simple. If it works great, you can build on that. If it fails, well at least you tried.

And here's the thing. I think your idea will fail. But that is because most ideas do. But some succeed and yours might be the one. But if you don't plan you will strangle it at birth.

Oh and one more thing. I won't laugh if you fail. On the contrary the only way to succeed is to fail and get up. And to fail again and again get up. Because sooner or later an idea comes along which works.

Mr Figo wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:Mr Figo, I've Pm'd you and willthiswork. If image not received, I can resend to an email address.

Meanwhile,please checkout my Linkedin Profile, Staff Survey, Resume and the number of recommendations, from former, bosses, peers and reportees, many of whom are now in high positions of responsibility in the UK. https://www.linkedin.com/in/colinjones2009/
Hi Colin - what is it that you want WTW and myself to do with this info? I'm afraid I don't have a LinkedIn account.
If you don't have a Linkedin Account it's useless, but it is a way of communicating credibility, unlike a certain Mr Jerry Sherman, who conned us and multiple others. I've asked WTW to forward a copy of the business KPI's via email.
Sorry Colin, but I'm still trying to work out who you are expecting to produce these bath bombs. Most people have full time jobs. I admire your enthusiasm and also your successful business career, but In terms of fundraising for the Club those that do usually do it without such a large undertaking. Having not seen the email to WTW, who are the KPIs for? The Board?

There are no ******* bathbombs, this is what is so frustrating, nobody has actually checked what the product is, visit the website, dear God!
The. board have been sent a copy via Shaun Johnson and David Hando, who I've asked to be a referee on behalf of my sincerity, capability, teamsmanship and toileting habits. FFS!

It's raw materials for hobbyists! Colours scents and ingredients, a Facebook page or two and a small staffing, working a four day week, getting a three day weekend and being paid at a rate equivalent to a 5 day week, in a tiny warehouse.
Ok - bath bombs or not - who do you think is going to undertake this business venture, in the current climate?You say the word "hobbyists" - not sure the potential outlay sounds like a hobby to me.
Colin,

Correct me if I am wrong, but the way I read what you are saying is that the business opportunity is to sell the "ingredients" to hobbyists who will then use them to make their own products such as (but not exclusively) bath bombs either for their own use or to sell on?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:

100% spot on.

Why would they?

More than happy to call a truce.

I know nothing of trust law, consumer law etc. I specialized in Criminal defence and immigration. I suppose I can tell you the basics, or rather the principles but with the caveat that you should not rely on what I say.

I genuinely wish you every success and I am happy to reiterate that I applaud you and anyone else who has an idea to fundraise.
I do think though that you need to pay far more attention to detail. For me you need to address two points. Firstly volunteers can't be expected to have the same commitment as we all do to our careers. I'm sure when you began your enterprise you will have worked all hours. Volunteers only have a limited time. Volunteers can't be expected to do complicated work. There are going to be costs and expertise does not come cheap.
Secondly, stop seeing criticism as bad. Rather than run before you can walk try developing a plan which enables specific people who may be willing to volunteer to have specific limited tasks. Having read your website and posts there is nothing I have seen that has enthused me.

Look at Uptheport's lottery idea. I'm sure that deep down everyone involved knows it's one hell of a long shot. But it's fun and it's simple. Jim also doesn't p1ss everyone off by calling them blockers, negligent, etc if they choose not to join. At least think along the same lines.

Try breaking it down, small scale and simple. If it works great, you can build on that. If it fails, well at least you tried.

And here's the thing. I think your idea will fail. But that is because most ideas do. But some succeed and yours might be the one. But if you don't plan you will strangle it at birth.

Oh and one more thing. I won't laugh if you fail. On the contrary the only way to succeed is to fail and get up. And to fail again and again get up. Because sooner or later an idea comes along which works.
Thatb is exactly what I'm trying to do, yours is the first properly constructed response. I have no knowledege of Trust law, which by the way was not what I asked for your support on, you didn't properly read 'the brief'. Secondly iy has been proven in Australia, we are now staring to get organic word of mouth growth in the US and Canada. For the sake of the club and everyone associated, please take a look at what I've asked you to look at which is cosmetics law pertaining to the UK. We learened enough of the internet to launch a website in 4 weeks and get our first sales within hours of launching. Tke off the NO hat and put on the "What if ?" hat.

Colin

Attributed to Goethe and William Hutchinson Murray

“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too.

All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favour all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way.

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.”

Amberexile wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:

Colin,

Correct me if I am wrong, but the way I read what you are saying is that the business opportunity is to sell the "ingredients" to hobbyists who will then use them to make their own products such as (but not exclusively) bath bombs either for their own use or to sell on?
Halellulah! A visit to the website would have got us here, months ago, if not years ago, when I flagged the opportunity in October 2017

jonescmj1 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:

Colin,

Halellulah! A visit to the website would have got us here, months ago, if not years ago, when I flagged the opportunity in October 2017
This kind of hobbyist business thrives in the current economic climate, so normally would Tupperware, Avon etc, but Covid has added a new spin My major at University, was economics. Housewives, and it is mainly housewives, supplement there income by selling at market stalls etc. But those same people have now become online entrepreneurs, because the markets have reduced significantly due to Covid. We are the number one 'stop shop' for those customers in Australia, due to us providing the whole package, rather than people having to go to multiple outlets for different ingredients. That has been the core success driver.

The Wolf wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:A quick question to gauge demand, how many people have bought a copy of The Exiles Part One by David Hando price 15UKP? If it could be dowloaded as a digital book, what price would you be willing to pay?

Can any one turn this into a poll on here?

In answer to your question Colin I would say anything from £6.99 to £9.99.

I have been reading this thread with a great interest. I for one can see what you mean and I can see the potential in your product. It might not be a new idea but it as potential. A lot more people are taking an interest in this sort of business by making their own bath bombs, candles or taking up cooking again and they will need the best ingredients at a reasonable price.
It's not the only idea I have, I have many more, but they would take time and resource, resource in plenty is contained in the Newport County Linkedin group.