Re: Support needed for Sports Trust

jonescmj1 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:Tonight I've sent copies of Annual Sales since Oct 2017 Launch!), Monthly sales 2020, Total Sales monthly 2020, both with trend lines , Total sales since launch, Total Orders, No of Customers, Order/Customer. Lifetime value per customer,Margin, Cash basis (not accruals(. To Mr Figo, Shaun Johnson and David Hando, requesting he be my referee!
With respect to the 3 people listed is all this way above anything that they and the rest of the BOD could cope with let alone look for volunteers and huge free warehousing.
Its a total pipe dream, lets hope somebody proves my statement totally wrong.
Doubt it though.
We don't have huge warehousing, we only moved out of the bedroom just over 18 months ago, the old supporters club Portakabin would be big enough for a couple of years at least. our current space is probably smaller than the old supporters club bar at Somerton Park.
Forgive me Colin for pointing out that you did ask in a post above for 1,500 square feet of warehouse space to be donated. You can insult everyone who asks you questions if you wish. However you clearly haven't thought this through. So what is it. An old portakabin of 150 square feet or a warehouse of 1,500?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:Tonight I've sent copies of Annual Sales since Oct 2017 Launch!), Monthly sales 2020, Total Sales monthly 2020, both with trend lines , Total sales since launch, Total Orders, No of Customers, Order/Customer. Lifetime value per customer,Margin, Cash basis (not accruals(. To Mr Figo, Shaun Johnson and David Hando, requesting he be my referee!
With respect to the 3 people listed is all this way above anything that they and the rest of the BOD could cope with let alone look for volunteers and huge free warehousing.
Doubt it though.
We don't have huge warehousing, we only moved out of the bedroom just over 18 months ago, the old supporters club Portakabin would be big enough for a couple of years at least. our current space is probably smaller than the old supporters club bar at Somerton Park.
Forgive me Colin for pointing out that you did ask in a post above for 1,500 square feet of warehouse space to be donated. You can insult everyone who asks you questions if you wish. However you clearly haven't thought this through. So what is it. An old portakabin of 150 square feet or a warehouse of 1,500?

Just checked actual size , rather than guess, 285sq metres, including parking spaces and outside sitting area, oh and all other businesses including gourmetgrocer and trufflestore. ps One does sqm's here!
Last edited by jonescmj1 on September 19th, 2020, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonescmj1 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Doubt it though.

ust checked actual size , rather than guess, 285sq metres, including parking spaces and outside sitting area, oh and all other businesses including gourmetgrocer and trufflestore. ps One does sqm's here!
You really should have checked properly.

285 square metres = 3067.70 square feet. But why ask for 1500 square metres when you only needed 285. This is no way to run a business. You are clueless and nobody in their right mind would enter any business project with you.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Doubt it though.

ust checked actual size , rather than guess, 285sq metres, including parking spaces and outside sitting area, oh and all other businesses including gourmetgrocer and trufflestore. ps One does sqm's here!
You really should have checked properly.

Why?

285 square metres = 3067.70 square feet. But why ask for 1500 square metres when you only needed 285. This is no way to run a business. You are clueless and nobody in their right mind would enter any business project with you.

Why should you have checked?

Well I think the chance of some kind soul giving you 285 square metres of Portakabin including parking was pretty low. However the chances of someone donating 1500 square metres of warehouse space were absolute zero.

Sorry Colin but your continued misspelling, the incomprehensible gobbledygook, the drunken rants, and the insults to anyone who asks any questions mean that you are not going to be taken seriously.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Why should you have checked?

Well I think the chance of some kind soul giving you 285 square metres of Portakabin including parking was pretty low. However the chances of someone donating 1500 square metres of warehouse space were absolute zero.

Sorry Colin but your continued misspelling, the incomprehensible gobbledygook, the drunken rants, and the insults to anyone who asks any questions mean that you are not going to be taken seriously.
Firstly, I rarely drink these days, drink, secondly, I don't give a toss about the sqm, the businesses all fit inside the building, we assessed that with a walk through and please you are not the person to lecture anyone on insults, insult should be your middle name. I've already had an offer of the space some time back from someone on this messageboard, thank you for reminding me I'll track them down. Now what exactly is it you have done in the time since AFC was formed, other than criticise every board member and their integrity. Good job Saint Patrick isn't around or you'd be swimming for the US right now. He's the Patron Saint of Ireland, not the patronising snake in the grass, of mucho noise. Advantage Jones!

If you had two brain cells you'd make a proper researched assessment of the opportunity, prove me wrong and have a xxxx celebrating my downfall, but you're too egotistic, failure would send you into a tailspin. Game set and match!

I wont post the name, but here's the offer! Thank you Stan for reminding me! some people see opportunity and help it blossom, you pour weedkiller on everything that isn't your idea.

"I'm keeping an eye on your posts. I live in XXXX and, in any case, can't offer the skills needed. I notice that you're looking for space hopefully given free but it seems that no-one is coming forward. If you have to rent it, do want financial assistance? This part is probably the easy bit compared to getting volunteers but it is the only bit I can offer."

jonescmj1 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Why should you have checked?

Firstly, I rarely drink these days, drink, secondly, I don't give a toss about the sqm, the businesses all fit inside the building, we assessed that with a walk through and please you are not the person to lecture anyone on insults, insult should be your middle name. I've already had an offer of the space some time back from someone on this messageboard, thank you for reminding me I'll track them down. Now what exactly is it you have done in the time since AFC was formed, other than criticise every board member and their integrity. Good job Saint Patrick isn't around or you'd be swimming for the US right now. He's the Patron Saint of Ireland, not the patronising snake in the grass, of mucho noise. Advantage Jones!

If you had two brain cells you'd make a proper researched assessment of the opportunity, prove me wrong and have a xxxx celebrating my downfall, but you're too egotistic, failure would send you into a tailspin. Game set and match!
Colin

Why on earth do you think I would celebrate your downfall? As I have said I hope your idea works. But your utter inability to listen to any critical analysis of your project without flying off into a tirade of abuse makes you an unstable business partner.

Oh and self proclaimed victories in an argument strike me as pathetic, in the original sense of the word. For Christ's sake man, get a grip.

Another comment from 2017, when we launched!

"Is it a viable product for the UK market yes, established from Lush

Is there competition? yes
Lush sold on amazon. they have UK wide distribution and a full range or products.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to access that market. their prices seem pretty competitive.

Do I think it is a viable product, yes.

Without knowing the financial costs of doing UK business, import Duties, cost of liability insurance impact of VAT on mark up and distribution costs I can't 100% say it is feasible.
How do the UK prices import duties, vat impact, on creating/distributing and collecting the payments on the product in the UK vs AUS compare?

What would the volunteers be expected to do ? What is the capital at risk?

Or am I reading this incorrectly and the product is the distribution and advertising webspace and network for craft product makers?"

The answer is in the final paragraph?

Response

"That is precisely my thinking and that is why I've been wanting a conversation, rather than a series of email exchanges. The same model could be applied to other crafting businesses, beading etc. Would you be prepared to share a condensed opinion on the MB, it might just bring forward the 'lead' I need?"

"Colin, if I had the space and time I would go for it, i'll put a few feelers out tho'...

Would you look at perhaps a 'sharing' scheme where yourself, NCAFC and 'another organisation' would get a % if I could get anyone?

Hi XXXxxxx, sorry its taken so long to get back to you, yes I would!

Andy and I have launched the business here in Australia www.bathbombworld.com.au and it has gone from an idea in September to circa $30k this month. It is being run entirely from one small bedroom in the unit and Andy is doing everything, creative, media, procurement, social media, picking and packing. The model is entirely replicable in the US/UK with locally based market knowledge and picking and packing. The reason for requiring local p&p is due to 2 factors, cost of weight based international shipping for core ingredients of bathbombs and the fact that fragrance oils cannot be shipped by air internationally. Tell me what you think of the model and take a look at Andy's facebook pages https://www.facebook.com/groups/1013227208778278/
https://www.facebook.com/BathBombWorldAus/

The business size in Australia has been estimated at $6m, the UK is three times bigger and more people bathe in the UK. However, you do need local knowledge of Labelling laws, H&S, etc. We don't want to launch into the UK for our benefit as we can earn enough to live on from the OZ business alone, hence the reason I have tried to sell the idea to the club as a source of future revenue, effectively gifting them a business idea, I just dont think they have the entrepreneurial insight to grab at the idea, I offered them a 70%/30% split of the profits with the 30% going into a discretionary trust overseen by Andy and me, the 70% to the Trust as revenue.

"Entrepreneurial Insight"

100% spot on.

Why would they?

Seriously this whole thread comes across as some pipe dream, you never even kept in touch,
from what you stated with the chap who offered you free space!

To state the sizes do not matter and the insults you continue to chuck in on a thread with over a 1000 hits is pretty well
closing the door for you regardless of what you think of another poster.

Like I said thanks for deeds previously past, but this is a non starter imo.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Doubt it though.
Brendan, at what point in his post to FN3 does he insult him??