Re: JDRF

Good evening.
Managed the hour today, actually 62 minutes so thats £62 from myself towards JDRF research.
Our eldest daughter has been type 1 for over 46 years now and with modern science and technology I am hoping my 2 Grand Daughters will not be in the same position another 46 years down the line.
Its a marvellous charity, so please spare the cost of 1 pint and forward that instead to the link at the top of the thread.
Again many thanks to those who have already contributed.

Mrs Nouble is telling me to do a few shorter runs this week before we try for another longer run.

Cheers all.

No run today as hoping our eldest will be coming out of the RGH after 2 weeks on Diabetic ward.
If you can spare a few bob for a great cause that would be marvellous.
Over the £200 mark as Mr Nouble has improved his time to 62 minutes thus another £18 in the pot.

Cheers all.

Evening all.
Difficult week but hoping to have our Oldest out of RGH this Friday now.
Please if you can afford the cost of a pint towards JDRF and their mission to find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes that would be marvellous.
Hoping to improve my time, out running over next few days again.
Thanks for reading this message.

Cheers

Good afternoon all.
Firstly apologies for a total lack of communication on my efforts to raise funds for JDRF.
Mrs Nouble knows that I am a Kamikazi when it comes down to something like this.
Therefore every time I went out I had to better the previous efforts.
Resulting in myself getting a somewhat similar injury to our newish central defender albeit hopefully not so serious :wink:
Anyway after bumping into Percy litter picking this morning I decided what the heck its 5 minutes and crocked or try again for a longer time.
Well I got to possibly my maximum 72 minutes without stopping.
Who knows another 13 days to go so maybe another Kamikazi effort.
Once again thanks to all those donations, Kevin Ward, mates on here, some who I seem to differ with on a regular basis, Jim, Ranger etc but greatly appreciate your donations lads.
The link is on page 1 first item.
Please spare the cost of a pint or even just a half as it will go to a great cause and a charity who is very interested in maintaining close relations with our club and management.
Thanks for reading and a hot bath awakens me now.
Cheers
Paul, Frank, Harps.

Evening all.
Firstly many thanks Faerun its greatly appreciated mate.
Nice Murghals Friday Takeaway by the way.
2058 hits on the thread so far and 16 very kind donations.
Am I being cheeky asking the other 2042 to chip in £2.50 or even better a fiver.
Come on folks its for a brilliant charity which affects so many familys in this Country.
Clearly there is not 2042 individuals reading the thread but will it break your bank?
Cheers for reading anyway.
One day this disease will be finally sorted and you can help to find a cure.
We got 3 points yesterday and why not celebrate by parting with a few bob.

Good evening everybody.
Think my last attempt at 72 minutes will not be improved on.
Not bad though for a 71 year old.
The fund closes at the end of October.
As promised have put my £72 into the JDRF fund as well.
Big thanks to the 15 supporters who kindly added a further £170 towards a great cause.
Rather dismayed that the thread so far has reached 2810 hits with just 15 superb donations.
Unfortunately despite contacting our board and management twice did not even receive a response!
One exception a huge thank you to Kevin Ward its really appreciated.
JDRF want to play a bigger part in the County community but its rather embarrassing to have to tell the National manager who has been in regular contact with myself that the response from the club to my appeal with 1 exception was not even the courtesy of a reply.
Maybe my challenge was not hard enough , who knows.
Anyway thanks to those that chipped in and a few days left if you can afford a few bob to a great cause.

Cheers

Frank (Harps).

Good morning everyone.
Its the final day of my JDRF charity fundraiser.
Firstly a very kind thanks to Colin Faulkner County Director for your donation.
We have managed £252 to help this excellent charity fight a horrible disease.
Its not too late to chip in a donation today.
I managed to beat my age by a minute 72 so that went into the pot £72 from myself.
Any way if Colin & Kevin's fellow directors can also chip in as well as we hopefully celebrate another 3 points
for the boys that would be great.

The thread has over 3500 hits so albeit its been very disappointing in general the response, hopefully I have made more awareness of what a great job JDRF are doing for us all affected by Type 1.

One last chance please today folks to boost the total.

Many thanks.

Paul

Great charity , great effort...

The problem with people not donating may be YOU.. ?????

You wind so many people up they may use that as an excuse not to donate ?

If you were less combative in your views against other posters views then you may have had more luck ????

neilcork68 wrote:Great charity , great effort...

The problem with people not donating may be YOU.. ?????

You wind so many people up they may use that as an excuse not to donate ?

If you were less combative in your views against other posters views then you may have had more luck ????
Dreadful comment. :roll: