Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

County ranger

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby County ranger » September 16th, 2020, 2:23 pm

neilcork68 wrote:Strange that you mention the few good things he has done in games but that pass last night could have cost us the Watford game..
No mention of that ???

How MF see's him as a central midfielder is beyond my reasoning ???

Neil the Willmott dreamers are back - decent player who for some reason does the occasional great cross and it is folk law.
User avatar
User

JonD

Location

Corridor of Uncertainty

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby JonD » September 16th, 2020, 2:32 pm

Jonesy3 wrote:Prize money in the League Cup doesn't start until the semi-finals.


This is so darned unfair. The teams likely to be in receipt of the prize money are in all probability the ones who pay each of their first teamers 50-100K per week. The clubs who desperately need it won't see a penny of it.

Edit: Winner gets £100K plus entry to the Europa League second qualifying round. The losing finalist and losing semi-finalists all make the same money - £50K.

carabao is an energy drink. Who knew?
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » September 16th, 2020, 2:45 pm

County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:What was Robbie doing there. What an awful pass across goal.


I'm not his biggest fan but other than that glaring error (which he got away with) he was okay.

Decent enough performance all round without too much shine to it. Looked like a pre-season friendly at times.

But thought the strikers did okay. Twine and Janneh look promising, Abrahams gives lots of hustle and bustle but needs to add that final finish. And Taylor is an old head to see games out.


Pleased that he put in an OK performance (Only saw the highlight), but that pass was a schoolboy error.


I just think he brings zero to the table unfortunately. Useful to have in the squad in case of injury I suppose but I can't remember the time he did anything of note.


How about that goal vs Middlesbrough?? Or that cross to Podge for the goal vs Spurs?? Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves at times. He is brilliant as a right winger/midfielder, even a wing back. The hate he gets is ridiculous.

Robbie is a cracking player. He just needs to be played in his natural position (out wide).

Willmott is a decent player who I expect will be a squad player this year. Like many decent L2 players has moments of great play but is not consistent and his problem is the few that call him brilliant, cracking etc. He is not, he is not a consistent game changer, does at times but a useful member of the squad. Out wide I agree is his best position and he can deliver a great cross at times but does not beat a man with any regularity no - note Shephard last night and the Middlesborough goal was sadly a one off - if he did things like that more often or even looked like doing things like that then you get into the more enthusiastic adjectives.


"Middlesborough goal sadly was a one off"

Total rubbish.
Without writing a Chapter on War and Peace. :lol:

Away to FGR superb cross for Padraig to score.
Wrexham in the cup owned the pitch
4-0 was it.
Out wide nobody been better for us since getting back in the league.
Put him in front of myself out wide. :wink:

Frank back it up with fact, read what you have said Middlesborough was a one off - you compare it to a cross you are laughable like the kids you love so much no fact to back it up. Nobody better out wide really - Jackson, Pipe, Butler, Haynes all beat a man as well as Willmott - deluded as usual. He is a squad player lacks consistency.
Come on Frank highlight another Willmott goal that was a match for his Middlesbrough effort otherwise doesn’t that make it a one off.

Listen sunshine.
You have an opinion I have one also.
Like I said without doubt the best wide player we have had since our return to RP.
If you don't think so fair enough.
I really couldn't give a monkey what you think.
Sorry but that's how it is.
Cheers,

By the way put a few bob in the JDRF charity for making up facts that never ever were said.
£5 will do.
Happy to remind you.

Always running Hughsey down. Answer Not once
Dom's parents think I am nuts Answer Total rubbish.

Look forward to the donation.
no avatar
User

County ranger

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby County ranger » September 16th, 2020, 3:01 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:What was Robbie doing there. What an awful pass across goal.


I'm not his biggest fan but other than that glaring error (which he got away with) he was okay.

Decent enough performance all round without too much shine to it. Looked like a pre-season friendly at times.

But thought the strikers did okay. Twine and Janneh look promising, Abrahams gives lots of hustle and bustle but needs to add that final finish. And Taylor is an old head to see games out.


Pleased that he put in an OK performance (Only saw the highlight), but that pass was a schoolboy error.


I just think he brings zero to the table unfortunately. Useful to have in the squad in case of injury I suppose but I can't remember the time he did anything of note.


How about that goal vs Middlesbrough?? Or that cross to Podge for the goal vs Spurs?? Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves at times. He is brilliant as a right winger/midfielder, even a wing back. The hate he gets is ridiculous.

Robbie is a cracking player. He just needs to be played in his natural position (out wide).

Willmott is a decent player who I expect will be a squad player this year. Like many decent L2 players has moments of great play but is not consistent and his problem is the few that call him brilliant, cracking etc. He is not, he is not a consistent game changer, does at times but a useful member of the squad. Out wide I agree is his best position and he can deliver a great cross at times but does not beat a man with any regularity no - note Shephard last night and the Middlesborough goal was sadly a one off - if he did things like that more often or even looked like doing things like that then you get into the more enthusiastic adjectives.


"Middlesborough goal sadly was a one off"

Total rubbish.
Without writing a Chapter on War and Peace. :lol:

Away to FGR superb cross for Padraig to score.
Wrexham in the cup owned the pitch
4-0 was it.
Out wide nobody been better for us since getting back in the league.
Put him in front of myself out wide. :wink:

Frank back it up with fact, read what you have said Middlesborough was a one off - you compare it to a cross you are laughable like the kids you love so much no fact to back it up. Nobody better out wide really - Jackson, Pipe, Butler, Haynes all beat a man as well as Willmott - deluded as usual. He is a squad player lacks consistency.
Come on Frank highlight another Willmott goal that was a match for his Middlesbrough effort otherwise doesn’t that make it a one off.

Listen sunshine.
You have an opinion I have one also.
Like I said without doubt the best wide player we have had since our return to RP.
If you don't think so fair enough.
I really couldn't give a monkey what you think.
Sorry but that's how it is.
Cheers,

By the way put a few bob in the JDRF charity for making up facts that never ever were said.
£5 will do.
Happy to remind you.

Always running Hughsey down. Answer Not once
Dom's parents think I am nuts Answer Total rubbish.

Look forward to the donation.

Frank I am still waiting for you to let me know which of your superstar kids released by us have made it in the game and now add to that a Willmott goal similar to his Middlesbrough effort.
Just admit you can’t
I am waiting.
User avatar
User

daftasfxxx

Location

Newport

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby daftasfxxx » September 16th, 2020, 3:15 pm

The riddler's off on one again, if anyone can make any sense of it please do, answers on a postcard to
Thejibberingidiot
Po box 20
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » September 16th, 2020, 3:33 pm

County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:What was Robbie doing there. What an awful pass across goal.


I'm not his biggest fan but other than that glaring error (which he got away with) he was okay.

Decent enough performance all round without too much shine to it. Looked like a pre-season friendly at times.

But thought the strikers did okay. Twine and Janneh look promising, Abrahams gives lots of hustle and bustle but needs to add that final finish. And Taylor is an old head to see games out.


Pleased that he put in an OK performance (Only saw the highlight), but that pass was a schoolboy error.


I just think he brings zero to the table unfortunately. Useful to have in the squad in case of injury I suppose but I can't remember the time he did anything of note.


How about that goal vs Middlesbrough?? Or that cross to Podge for the goal vs Spurs?? Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves at times. He is brilliant as a right winger/midfielder, even a wing back. The hate he gets is ridiculous.

Robbie is a cracking player. He just needs to be played in his natural position (out wide).

Willmott is a decent player who I expect will be a squad player this year. Like many decent L2 players has moments of great play but is not consistent and his problem is the few that call him brilliant, cracking etc. He is not, he is not a consistent game changer, does at times but a useful member of the squad. Out wide I agree is his best position and he can deliver a great cross at times but does not beat a man with any regularity no - note Shephard last night and the Middlesborough goal was sadly a one off - if he did things like that more often or even looked like doing things like that then you get into the more enthusiastic adjectives.


"Middlesborough goal sadly was a one off"

Total rubbish.
Without writing a Chapter on War and Peace. :lol:

Away to FGR superb cross for Padraig to score.
Wrexham in the cup owned the pitch
4-0 was it.
Out wide nobody been better for us since getting back in the league.
Put him in front of myself out wide. :wink:

Frank back it up with fact, read what you have said Middlesborough was a one off - you compare it to a cross you are laughable like the kids you love so much no fact to back it up. Nobody better out wide really - Jackson, Pipe, Butler, Haynes all beat a man as well as Willmott - deluded as usual. He is a squad player lacks consistency.
Come on Frank highlight another Willmott goal that was a match for his Middlesbrough effort otherwise doesn’t that make it a one off.

Listen sunshine.
You have an opinion I have one also.
Like I said without doubt the best wide player we have had since our return to RP.
If you don't think so fair enough.
I really couldn't give a monkey what you think.
Sorry but that's how it is.
Cheers,

By the way put a few bob in the JDRF charity for making up facts that never ever were said.
£5 will do.
Happy to remind you.

Always running Hughsey down. Answer Not once
Dom's parents think I am nuts Answer Total rubbish.

Look forward to the donation.

Frank I am still waiting for you to let me know which of your superstar kids released by us have made it in the game and now add to that a Willmott goal similar to his Middlesbrough effort.
Just admit you can’t
I am waiting.

You are certainly cloning into AGB.
Question 1 None
Question 2 Does one super strike make a player?
Now for the umpteenth time when was I guilty of continually having a Pop at Hughsey.
Secondly please confirm that Mr & Mrs Jefferies think I am mad.
AGB has taken 18 months so far not to answer Pembs, You are 17 behind currently. :roll:

y
no avatar
User

Amberarmy

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby Amberarmy » September 16th, 2020, 3:59 pm

County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:What was Robbie doing there. What an awful pass across goal.


I'm not his biggest fan but other than that glaring error (which he got away with) he was okay.

Decent enough performance all round without too much shine to it. Looked like a pre-season friendly at times.

But thought the strikers did okay. Twine and Janneh look promising, Abrahams gives lots of hustle and bustle but needs to add that final finish. And Taylor is an old head to see games out.


Pleased that he put in an OK performance (Only saw the highlight), but that pass was a schoolboy error.


I just think he brings zero to the table unfortunately. Useful to have in the squad in case of injury I suppose but I can't remember the time he did anything of note.


How about that goal vs Middlesbrough?? Or that cross to Podge for the goal vs Spurs?? Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves at times. He is brilliant as a right winger/midfielder, even a wing back. The hate he gets is ridiculous.

Robbie is a cracking player. He just needs to be played in his natural position (out wide).

Willmott is a decent player who I expect will be a squad player this year. Like many decent L2 players has moments of great play but is not consistent and his problem is the few that call him brilliant, cracking etc. He is not, he is not a consistent game changer, does at times but a useful member of the squad. Out wide I agree is his best position and he can deliver a great cross at times but does not beat a man with any regularity no - note Shephard last night and the Middlesborough goal was sadly a one off - if he did things like that more often or even looked like doing things like that then you get into the more enthusiastic adjectives.


"Middlesborough goal sadly was a one off"

Total rubbish.
Without writing a Chapter on War and Peace. :lol:

Away to FGR superb cross for Padraig to score.
Wrexham in the cup owned the pitch
4-0 was it.
Out wide nobody been better for us since getting back in the league.
Put him in front of myself out wide. :wink:

Frank back it up with fact, read what you have said Middlesborough was a one off - you compare it to a cross you are laughable like the kids you love so much no fact to back it up. Nobody better out wide really - Jackson, Pipe, Butler, Haynes all beat a man as well as Willmott - deluded as usual. He is a squad player lacks consistency.
Come on Frank highlight another Willmott goal that was a match for his Middlesbrough effort otherwise doesn’t that make it a one off.


Robbie has always delivered in big games for us...
Assisted the winner vs Leeds at home
Assisted Podge's goal vs Spurs
Assisted Jamma's goal vs Leicester
Scored 1 and assisted 1 vs Middlesbrough
Assisted Podge vs Man City
Has also scored winners for us on several occasions (Mansfield home, Exeter home).

This is why so many fans like him as a player. He always puts 100% in for us and you can clearly see that week in week out. He was used as a scapegoat last season, even the previous one because he lost form during the season.

Give the guy a break.
no avatar
User

County ranger

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby County ranger » September 16th, 2020, 4:45 pm

Amberarmy wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:What was Robbie doing there. What an awful pass across goal.


I'm not his biggest fan but other than that glaring error (which he got away with) he was okay.

Decent enough performance all round without too much shine to it. Looked like a pre-season friendly at times.

But thought the strikers did okay. Twine and Janneh look promising, Abrahams gives lots of hustle and bustle but needs to add that final finish. And Taylor is an old head to see games out.


Pleased that he put in an OK performance (Only saw the highlight), but that pass was a schoolboy error.


I just think he brings zero to the table unfortunately. Useful to have in the squad in case of injury I suppose but I can't remember the time he did anything of note.


How about that goal vs Middlesbrough?? Or that cross to Podge for the goal vs Spurs?? Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves at times. He is brilliant as a right winger/midfielder, even a wing back. The hate he gets is ridiculous.

Robbie is a cracking player. He just needs to be played in his natural position (out wide).

Willmott is a decent player who I expect will be a squad player this year. Like many decent L2 players has moments of great play but is not consistent and his problem is the few that call him brilliant, cracking etc. He is not, he is not a consistent game changer, does at times but a useful member of the squad. Out wide I agree is his best position and he can deliver a great cross at times but does not beat a man with any regularity no - note Shephard last night and the Middlesborough goal was sadly a one off - if he did things like that more often or even looked like doing things like that then you get into the more enthusiastic adjectives.


"Middlesborough goal sadly was a one off"

Total rubbish.
Without writing a Chapter on War and Peace. :lol:

Away to FGR superb cross for Padraig to score.
Wrexham in the cup owned the pitch
4-0 was it.
Out wide nobody been better for us since getting back in the league.
Put him in front of myself out wide. :wink:

Frank back it up with fact, read what you have said Middlesborough was a one off - you compare it to a cross you are laughable like the kids you love so much no fact to back it up. Nobody better out wide really - Jackson, Pipe, Butler, Haynes all beat a man as well as Willmott - deluded as usual. He is a squad player lacks consistency.
Come on Frank highlight another Willmott goal that was a match for his Middlesbrough effort otherwise doesn’t that make it a one off.


Robbie has always delivered in big games for us...
Assisted the winner vs Leeds at home
Assisted Podge's goal vs Spurs
Assisted Jamma's goal vs Leicester
Scored 1 and assisted 1 vs Middlesbrough
Assisted Podge vs Man City
Has also scored winners for us on several occasions (Mansfield home, Exeter home).

This is why so many fans like him as a player. He always puts 100% in for us and you can clearly see that week in week out. He was used as a scapegoat last season, even the previous one because he lost form during the season.

Give the guy a break.

I think the people who big him up need to give him a break your post proves my point - he is paid to assist goals and he does but he does lack consistency which is why he has his knockers - the better players in the squad don’t split opinion, the squad players like Willmott will. Bigging him up makes him a target because he is not a game changer week in week out only spasmodically- he has made telling contributions in big games -( as a fan of his maybe you can tell me if he was mom in each game or only made one contribution ) but there are too many games when he is very average - could have cost the game last night.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby Exile 1976 » September 16th, 2020, 4:51 pm

Willmott goes missing in many games, admittedly he certainly does 'show up' in the big games, not sure if that's a good thing or not as it would be nice if he could get up for & do it in the 'bread and butter' games consistently.
Awful in any position other than on the wing but Flynny likes to shoehorn his mucca in the side regardless. If you can't play him on the wing Flynny, please don't play him.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » September 16th, 2020, 4:54 pm

County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:What was Robbie doing there. What an awful pass across goal.


I'm not his biggest fan but other than that glaring error (which he got away with) he was okay.

Decent enough performance all round without too much shine to it. Looked like a pre-season friendly at times.

But thought the strikers did okay. Twine and Janneh look promising, Abrahams gives lots of hustle and bustle but needs to add that final finish. And Taylor is an old head to see games out.


Pleased that he put in an OK performance (Only saw the highlight), but that pass was a schoolboy error.


I just think he brings zero to the table unfortunately. Useful to have in the squad in case of injury I suppose but I can't remember the time he did anything of note.


How about that goal vs Middlesbrough?? Or that cross to Podge for the goal vs Spurs?? Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves at times. He is brilliant as a right winger/midfielder, even a wing back. The hate he gets is ridiculous.

Robbie is a cracking player. He just needs to be played in his natural position (out wide).

Willmott is a decent player who I expect will be a squad player this year. Like many decent L2 players has moments of great play but is not consistent and his problem is the few that call him brilliant, cracking etc. He is not, he is not a consistent game changer, does at times but a useful member of the squad. Out wide I agree is his best position and he can deliver a great cross at times but does not beat a man with any regularity no - note Shephard last night and the Middlesborough goal was sadly a one off - if he did things like that more often or even looked like doing things like that then you get into the more enthusiastic adjectives.


"Middlesborough goal sadly was a one off"

Total rubbish.
Without writing a Chapter on War and Peace. :lol:

Away to FGR superb cross for Padraig to score.
Wrexham in the cup owned the pitch
4-0 was it.
Out wide nobody been better for us since getting back in the league.
Put him in front of myself out wide. :wink:

Frank back it up with fact, read what you have said Middlesborough was a one off - you compare it to a cross you are laughable like the kids you love so much no fact to back it up. Nobody better out wide really - Jackson, Pipe, Butler, Haynes all beat a man as well as Willmott - deluded as usual. He is a squad player lacks consistency.
Come on Frank highlight another Willmott goal that was a match for his Middlesbrough effort otherwise doesn’t that make it a one off.


Robbie has always delivered in big games for us...
Assisted the winner vs Leeds at home
Assisted Podge's goal vs Spurs
Assisted Jamma's goal vs Leicester
Scored 1 and assisted 1 vs Middlesbrough
Assisted Podge vs Man City
Has also scored winners for us on several occasions (Mansfield home, Exeter home).

This is why so many fans like him as a player. He always puts 100% in for us and you can clearly see that week in week out. He was used as a scapegoat last season, even the previous one because he lost form during the season.

Give the guy a break.

I think the people who big him up need to give him a break your post proves my point - he is paid to assist goals and he does but he does lack consistency which is why he has his knockers - the better players in the squad don’t split opinion, the squad players like Willmott will. Bigging him up makes him a target because he is not a game changer week in week out only spasmodically- he has made telling contributions in big games -( as a fan of his maybe you can tell me if he was mom in each game or only made one contribution ) but there are too many games when he is very average - could have cost the game last night.


To answer your question

Last years MOM poll found Robbie in 4th place behind Josh Scott & Padraig. First 2 were genuine as we all know. :wink:
He obtained 70 votes in total.
Clearly Flynny was deluded playing him first choice in virtually every game.
Anyway answered your question x 2.
Any chance returning the compliment?
no avatar
User

Amberarmy

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby Amberarmy » September 16th, 2020, 4:59 pm

County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:What was Robbie doing there. What an awful pass across goal.


I'm not his biggest fan but other than that glaring error (which he got away with) he was okay.

Decent enough performance all round without too much shine to it. Looked like a pre-season friendly at times.

But thought the strikers did okay. Twine and Janneh look promising, Abrahams gives lots of hustle and bustle but needs to add that final finish. And Taylor is an old head to see games out.


Pleased that he put in an OK performance (Only saw the highlight), but that pass was a schoolboy error.


I just think he brings zero to the table unfortunately. Useful to have in the squad in case of injury I suppose but I can't remember the time he did anything of note.


How about that goal vs Middlesbrough?? Or that cross to Podge for the goal vs Spurs?? Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves at times. He is brilliant as a right winger/midfielder, even a wing back. The hate he gets is ridiculous.

Robbie is a cracking player. He just needs to be played in his natural position (out wide).

Willmott is a decent player who I expect will be a squad player this year. Like many decent L2 players has moments of great play but is not consistent and his problem is the few that call him brilliant, cracking etc. He is not, he is not a consistent game changer, does at times but a useful member of the squad. Out wide I agree is his best position and he can deliver a great cross at times but does not beat a man with any regularity no - note Shephard last night and the Middlesborough goal was sadly a one off - if he did things like that more often or even looked like doing things like that then you get into the more enthusiastic adjectives.


"Middlesborough goal sadly was a one off"

Total rubbish.
Without writing a Chapter on War and Peace. :lol:

Away to FGR superb cross for Padraig to score.
Wrexham in the cup owned the pitch
4-0 was it.
Out wide nobody been better for us since getting back in the league.
Put him in front of myself out wide. :wink:

Frank back it up with fact, read what you have said Middlesborough was a one off - you compare it to a cross you are laughable like the kids you love so much no fact to back it up. Nobody better out wide really - Jackson, Pipe, Butler, Haynes all beat a man as well as Willmott - deluded as usual. He is a squad player lacks consistency.
Come on Frank highlight another Willmott goal that was a match for his Middlesbrough effort otherwise doesn’t that make it a one off.


Robbie has always delivered in big games for us...
Assisted the winner vs Leeds at home
Assisted Podge's goal vs Spurs
Assisted Jamma's goal vs Leicester
Scored 1 and assisted 1 vs Middlesbrough
Assisted Podge vs Man City
Has also scored winners for us on several occasions (Mansfield home, Exeter home).

This is why so many fans like him as a player. He always puts 100% in for us and you can clearly see that week in week out. He was used as a scapegoat last season, even the previous one because he lost form during the season.

Give the guy a break.

I think the people who big him up need to give him a break your post proves my point - he is paid to assist goals and he does but he does lack consistency which is why he has his knockers - the better players in the squad don’t split opinion, the squad players like Willmott will. Bigging him up makes him a target because he is not a game changer week in week out only spasmodically- he has made telling contributions in big games -( as a fan of his maybe you can tell me if he was mom in each game or only made one contribution ) but there are too many games when he is very average - could have cost the game last night.


You are correct in saying that he isn't a game changer week in week out. If he or anyone else from the squad were changing games every week then they would be playing a few divisions higher than us. There is a reason he is "bigged up" and that is because he plays a big part in goals often, whether that being providing an assist, or a secondary assist (if that's what it's called). The vast majority of games he is as you say "very average" is when he plays out of position.

Some users on here clearly have something against him...someone to pick on I guess.

It is just a matter of opinion. I don't agree with what you say at all about him not being a good player at this level.
Last edited by Amberarmy on September 16th, 2020, 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Location

Cwmbran

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby Blackandamber » September 16th, 2020, 5:06 pm

Amberarmy wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:What was Robbie doing there. What an awful pass across goal.


I'm not his biggest fan but other than that glaring error (which he got away with) he was okay.

Decent enough performance all round without too much shine to it. Looked like a pre-season friendly at times.

But thought the strikers did okay. Twine and Janneh look promising, Abrahams gives lots of hustle and bustle but needs to add that final finish. And Taylor is an old head to see games out.


Pleased that he put in an OK performance (Only saw the highlight), but that pass was a schoolboy error.


I just think he brings zero to the table unfortunately. Useful to have in the squad in case of injury I suppose but I can't remember the time he did anything of note.


How about that goal vs Middlesbrough?? Or that cross to Podge for the goal vs Spurs?? Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves at times. He is brilliant as a right winger/midfielder, even a wing back. The hate he gets is ridiculous.

Robbie is a cracking player. He just needs to be played in his natural position (out wide).

Willmott is a decent player who I expect will be a squad player this year. Like many decent L2 players has moments of great play but is not consistent and his problem is the few that call him brilliant, cracking etc. He is not, he is not a consistent game changer, does at times but a useful member of the squad. Out wide I agree is his best position and he can deliver a great cross at times but does not beat a man with any regularity no - note Shephard last night and the Middlesborough goal was sadly a one off - if he did things like that more often or even looked like doing things like that then you get into the more enthusiastic adjectives.


"Middlesborough goal sadly was a one off"

Total rubbish.
Without writing a Chapter on War and Peace. :lol:

Away to FGR superb cross for Padraig to score.
Wrexham in the cup owned the pitch
4-0 was it.
Out wide nobody been better for us since getting back in the league.
Put him in front of myself out wide. :wink:

Frank back it up with fact, read what you have said Middlesborough was a one off - you compare it to a cross you are laughable like the kids you love so much no fact to back it up. Nobody better out wide really - Jackson, Pipe, Butler, Haynes all beat a man as well as Willmott - deluded as usual. He is a squad player lacks consistency.
Come on Frank highlight another Willmott goal that was a match for his Middlesbrough effort otherwise doesn’t that make it a one off.


Robbie has always delivered in big games for us...
Assisted the winner vs Leeds at home
Assisted Podge's goal vs Spurs
Assisted Jamma's goal vs Leicester
Scored 1 and assisted 1 vs Middlesbrough
Assisted Podge vs Man City
Has also scored winners for us on several occasions (Mansfield home, Exeter home).

This is why so many fans like him as a player. He always puts 100% in for us and you can clearly see that week in week out. He was used as a scapegoat last season, even the previous one because he lost form during the season.

Give the guy a break.


Don't forget his wonder goal at Hereford to win the game 3-2. Without that we may still be a non-league club. Credit to Minshull of course in that game too.
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Location

Newport

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby SULLY34 » September 16th, 2020, 5:09 pm

Everyone has their opinions. Mine is that Robbie is not Lg2 standard, as simple as that. I've read he gives 100%, sorry I've not seen that often either. Even when he plays in his favoured position on the wing he always looks to pass backwards. Pipey, Jackson, Poole, Sheppard, Collins all have the confidence and ability to beat a man, Robbie bottles it for an easy pass. He'd make an average RB in non league.
no avatar
User

Special branch

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby Special branch » September 16th, 2020, 5:32 pm

I am a firm fan of Robbie Wilmott and think his skills are excellent and clearly his goals against Hereford and Middlesborough were so important but it isn't enough. Solid consistently is needed and if Flynn is such a 'believer' in Flynn it is largely up to him to sort him out.
no avatar
User

Amberarmy

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Postby Amberarmy » September 16th, 2020, 5:48 pm

Blackandamber wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:What was Robbie doing there. What an awful pass across goal.


I'm not his biggest fan but other than that glaring error (which he got away with) he was okay.

Decent enough performance all round without too much shine to it. Looked like a pre-season friendly at times.

But thought the strikers did okay. Twine and Janneh look promising, Abrahams gives lots of hustle and bustle but needs to add that final finish. And Taylor is an old head to see games out.


Pleased that he put in an OK performance (Only saw the highlight), but that pass was a schoolboy error.


I just think he brings zero to the table unfortunately. Useful to have in the squad in case of injury I suppose but I can't remember the time he did anything of note.


How about that goal vs Middlesbrough?? Or that cross to Podge for the goal vs Spurs?? Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves at times. He is brilliant as a right winger/midfielder, even a wing back. The hate he gets is ridiculous.

Robbie is a cracking player. He just needs to be played in his natural position (out wide).

Willmott is a decent player who I expect will be a squad player this year. Like many decent L2 players has moments of great play but is not consistent and his problem is the few that call him brilliant, cracking etc. He is not, he is not a consistent game changer, does at times but a useful member of the squad. Out wide I agree is his best position and he can deliver a great cross at times but does not beat a man with any regularity no - note Shephard last night and the Middlesborough goal was sadly a one off - if he did things like that more often or even looked like doing things like that then you get into the more enthusiastic adjectives.


"Middlesborough goal sadly was a one off"

Total rubbish.
Without writing a Chapter on War and Peace. :lol:

Away to FGR superb cross for Padraig to score.
Wrexham in the cup owned the pitch
4-0 was it.
Out wide nobody been better for us since getting back in the league.
Put him in front of myself out wide. :wink:

Frank back it up with fact, read what you have said Middlesborough was a one off - you compare it to a cross you are laughable like the kids you love so much no fact to back it up. Nobody better out wide really - Jackson, Pipe, Butler, Haynes all beat a man as well as Willmott - deluded as usual. He is a squad player lacks consistency.
Come on Frank highlight another Willmott goal that was a match for his Middlesbrough effort otherwise doesn’t that make it a one off.


Robbie has always delivered in big games for us...
Assisted the winner vs Leeds at home
Assisted Podge's goal vs Spurs
Assisted Jamma's goal vs Leicester
Scored 1 and assisted 1 vs Middlesbrough
Assisted Podge vs Man City
Has also scored winners for us on several occasions (Mansfield home, Exeter home).

This is why so many fans like him as a player. He always puts 100% in for us and you can clearly see that week in week out. He was used as a scapegoat last season, even the previous one because he lost form during the season.

Give the guy a break.


Don't forget his wonder goal at Hereford to win the game 3-2. Without that we may still be a non-league club. Credit to Minshull of course in that game too.


That goal was an absolute belter. Lee scored 2 that game...he was a top player for us in the FL too, but think we let him go at the right time.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amberexile, big daddio, mad norm, Surrey Exile

Powered by phpBB ®