Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Exile 1976 wrote:Decent performance that.
Solid all over the pitch. Maybe too early to say but it seems Flynn has learned from last seasons signings and upgraded the squad. Twine , Janneh , Shepherd and Cooper look excellent additions so far. Howkins is also looking more composed than last season.

It could change if and when the pitch deteriorates though.

Percy plunkett wrote:Didn’t look as though we were going to break them down then,Robbie tries to give them a goal.The ball is on the touch line and he plays it across our own box straight to one of them who puts it wide.Still strange seeing us passing patiently for most of the match but,I will take it gladly instead of anti football,long may it continue.
That's what happened Saturday against Scunny. They must be doing this in training.

Amberarmy wrote:Fantastic result. I'll take these tight results all day long if we carry on playing pleasant football like that. Finishing was off at times but at least we have got the win and a big team coming to the Parade yet again. It was one way traffic all throughout.

I assume that by playing Shephard, Robbie was in central midfield? I hope it works out for him in that position. Imo he is a winger/wing back. Saw him in central midfield a lot last season, got lost at times and lacked that physical aspect in the game.

Well in lads!! :cheers: :cheers:
Yes Robbie played as a CM, and kept it quite neat and simple most of the game, allowing Sheehan to attempt the more ambitious forward passes and runs. As has been previously stated he did OK apart from his one moment of madness towards the end. Cambridge weren't overly ambitious and didn't press a great deal in midfield and thought they were pegged back mainly due to Sheppard and Haynes maintaining a high line. Would bring Labadie back for Sat, however.

So into round 3 for the first time since 1962

Is it worth it though?

We wont make much money without crowds, in fact it will probably cost us money to host the games

More chance of picking up injuries

Normally I would be pleased but I cant help feeling that this is a competition not worth being in this year
Last edited by Snowman on September 15th, 2020, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

halfmoon wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
chepstowamber wrote:Are we home or away to Watford?
Home I believe in a weeks time. Such a shame no fans to fill the ground
At least it could potentially be a TV game, as it looks like we’ll be one of the smallest teams left in it
Can't see it being on with the likes of Luton v Man Utd, Lincoln v Liverpool, Leyton Orient v Spurs playing

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Cannot ever remember seeing such one sided stats for the boys albeit only one goal to show for it.
3rd Round here we come.
72% possession
26 shots
13 corners.
All we need is a striker and who knows where we will end up.
Steady my friend. We only have a squad of 17 and our club is skint remember.
NB

Never said that.
I stated from the man in charge and his second in command that they would start training with 17 players exactly correct.
Scott signed day after making 18.
Never ever said we we were skint either.
Stop trying to be a smug smart ass.
Not just me who can see through you whatever position you hold over RP.
Board or staff.
Couldn't give a monkees.