iFollow income

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

faerun exile

iFollow income

Postby faerun exile » September 15th, 2020, 3:23 pm

Taken from Bradford City FC website:

The club has moved to outline the financial benefits of match-by-match iFollow video pass packages.

City return to action in the Carabao Cup tomorrow evening (7.00pm) and supporters can catch every minute of the second-round clash with Lincoln City LIVE - for just £10 - by CLICKING HERE.

In all Carabao Cup and EFL Trophy fixtures the Bantams contest while COVID-19 restrictions remain in place this season, the club will receive 50% of revenue generated from iFollow video match passes.

All streaming costs over the course of the 2020/21 campaign are being covered by the EFL, allowing clubs up and down the footballing pyramid to maximise iFollow revenue.

With similar packages for Sky Bet League Two fixtures, takings from the first 500 passes purchased by away club supporters go directly to the home club, with funds from each pass thereafter heading to the away side.

From a £10 video match pass, after VAT, the total amount of profit a club makes per pass is approximately £8.34.

This means that, when Colchester United supporters purchased just over 300 iFollow video match passes ahead of Saturday's Sky Bet League Two opener, 100% of the revenue was collected by City.

Had Colchester have sold 501 passes, however, monies for the first 500 passes would have been taken by the Bantams, with the U's claiming revenue from the 501st pass - and any further passes which would have been sold.

The club's director of communications and commercial, Ryan Sparks, said: "In the interest of transparency, we are keen to share the financial mechanics of the current iFollow structure, providing supporters with a better understanding of the more intricate details.

"While we recognise the technical issues some experienced with iFollow over the weekend - which the EFL is still working hard to rectify - we are desperate to ensure you do not miss a minute of the season while COVID-19 restrictions remain in place.

"We would like to thank the EFL for the financial support they have offered, with the governing body standing all iFollow-related costs in a bid to support the survival of clubs in all three tiers as far as possible."

Supporters are reminded that no Carabao Cup first, second and third-round fixtures are available to watch - via iFollow - internationally, but can be enjoyed LIVE in the UK.

There is no season-ticket or concession discount on any Carabao Cup iFollow video match passes, meaning the universal cost - to ensure you do not miss a minute of tomorrow night's action - remains priced just £10.
User

JonD

Corridor of Uncertainty

Re: iFollow income

Postby JonD » September 15th, 2020, 3:50 pm

That's a bit disappointing, though I suppose it legitimately recreates the normal "away fans' money goes to home club" scenario.
User

ComeOnCounty

Trinant

Postby ComeOnCounty » September 15th, 2020, 3:52 pm

Which is exactly why I choose not to purchase the away game live video. Just listen to the free audio coverage and then watch the away footage a day or two later when it's put up on the County's iFollow page
User

Kairdiff Exile

Our proud capital...

Postby Kairdiff Exile » September 15th, 2020, 4:02 pm

JonD wrote:That's a bit disappointing, though I suppose it legitimately recreates the normal "away fans' money goes to home club" scenario.

We're net beneficiaries of that though, presumably.
User

JonD

Corridor of Uncertainty

Postby JonD » September 16th, 2020, 4:28 am

If I had to guess then I'd say "Yes" but I've no idea what the sales figures are likely to be.

My disappointment stemmed from having originally been led to believe I was helping my club only to find out I was more probably helping Scunny.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » September 21st, 2020, 8:11 pm

no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » September 21st, 2020, 10:48 pm

The 500 cut off figure probably means that only the likes of Bolton and Bradford will generate money from iFollow passes bought by their away matches. I wonder how many £10 (less VAT) sales we benefitted from on Saturday. This could be the new 'bragging rights'..... We sold more passes than you.. :lol: :lol:
User

ButchersDog

Postby ButchersDog » September 21st, 2020, 11:01 pm

Be trying to get my first pass tomorrow, find out if they count IoM as international or not. We ain’t UK but sometimes they forget that. Let’s hope Watford can sell the full 500 we benefit from.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » September 22nd, 2020, 6:32 am

I think for the EFL Cup it's an even split, the 500 thing is only for the league? Watford might even sell more than we do.
User

Ado

Postby Ado » September 22nd, 2020, 7:12 am

ComeOnCounty wrote:Which is exactly why I choose not to purchase the away game live video. Just listen to the free audio coverage and then watch the away footage a day or two later when it's put up on the County's iFollow page

Free audio coverage ? I thought you needed an Audio Season Ticket Pass to listen to away games in the league ?
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » September 22nd, 2020, 8:27 am

ComeOnCounty wrote:Which is exactly why I choose not to purchase the away game live video. Just listen to the free audio coverage and then watch the away footage a day or two later when it's put up on the County's iFollow page

Am I to assume that you don't go to away games? :?