King or Townsend?

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Amberarmy

King or Townsend?

Postby Amberarmy » September 16th, 2020, 8:17 pm

Townsend is getting some well deserved game time consistently now. I have always thought he was too good for a no. 2, his kicking ability is brilliant and he seems to be a great shot stopper.

So, should Flynny use Nick as our main keeper, or Tom? Or should he give both an even amount of game time throughout the season?
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Re: King or Townsend?

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » September 16th, 2020, 8:27 pm

has to be Townsend for me as the No 1 on current form
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Newport

Postby SULLY34 » September 16th, 2020, 8:27 pm

Amberarmy wrote:Townsend is getting some well deserved game time consistently now. I have always thought he was too good for a no. 2, his kicking ability is brilliant and he seems to be a great shot stopper.

So, should Flynny use Nick as our main keeper, or Tom? Or should he give both an even amount of game time throughout the season?

Always thought Townsend should've been no.1 last season, his time this year.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » September 16th, 2020, 10:50 pm

King is in poor form.He dropped crosses in both his games and that attempt to punch was embarrassing.Townsend has done well in his two games,in fact he was MOM last game.At the moment there is no doubt.
no avatar
User

Dogger

Sunny Spain

Postby Dogger » September 16th, 2020, 11:40 pm

Townsend for me. Never been convinced by King. Makes too many basic errors for my liking.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » September 17th, 2020, 5:44 am

Yeah, Townsend for me too
User

Baladabadi

Postby Baladabadi » September 17th, 2020, 7:06 am

I've always preferred Townsend.

I remember when he was in the side last season during a run of bad results, our fans were putting the blame solely on him and were begging King be put back in the team??
User

Kairdiff Exile

Our proud capital...

Postby Kairdiff Exile » September 17th, 2020, 7:21 am

Townsend's form is better at the moment. But let's not forget that King was so good for a spell last year that, despite playing in Division 4, he worked his way into the Wales squad. He's no slouch and needs to get regular opportunities (eg, cup games) so he and Townsend can push each other all the way.
no avatar
User

Amberarmy

Postby Amberarmy » September 20th, 2020, 12:41 am

Seems Flynny prefers Townsend at the moment.

I think the only reason King was chosen a lot last season was because he was called into the Wales squad. He made several notable errors after that call up - which led to Nick having some game time.
User

Countymax

Postby Countymax » September 22nd, 2020, 8:48 am

Townsend. I like King but I think he’s got more of a mistake in him than Townsend.