Taylor
Total votes: 12 (26%)
Abrahams (No votes)
Labadie (No votes)
Baker
Total votes: 1 (2%)
Total votes: 46

Re: Man of the Match Barrow home Poll

supporter wrote:I didn't have Willmott as motm but his contribution Saturday was pivotal in allowing others to play, as I've said before he does the unselfish role in the team.
Spot on Supporter.
Amazes me how contributors seem to want him beating defenders and scoring great goals.
11 contributors, not myself included have now voted for him.
Clearly none watched the game. :wink: :lol:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
supporter wrote:I didn't have Willmott as motm but his contribution Saturday was pivotal in allowing others to play, as I've said before he does the unselfish role in the team.
Spot on Supporter.
Amazes me how contributors seem to want him beating defenders and scoring great goals.
As you didn’t watch the game perhaps you may have listened. If the latter how many times did you hear Wilmott’s name mentioned? The guy never gets involved, marks space and rarely tackles, and having watched the match, I would say he was equally culpable in Barrows goal by running away from Hardcastle instead of sticking close.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spot on Supporter.
As you didn’t watch the game perhaps you may have listened. If the latter how many times did you hear Wilmott’s name mentioned? The guy never gets involved, marks space and rarely tackles, and having watched the match, I would say he was equally culpable in Barrows goal by running away from Hardcastle instead of sticking close.
Afternoon.
Followed it on BBC Text.
You do not need to hear a players name coming up all the time.
So many games last year he was pivotal in our performance.
Hence in Saturdays voting he is in second place.
Last season only Josh & Scott got more votes but virtually every game he got slammed by the Usual suspects.
Those 11 who voted and the 70 last season are clearly clueless including myself.
Its opinions albeit you clearly cannot see what he beings to the side.
Flynny obviously does despite all the crap that he is his mate. :roll:
Thats totally daft.
Happy to repeat Supporters comments which is exactly what the fella does when I watch him.

Cheers

If anyone actually saw him on Saturday they would say that he was nowhere near being man of the match.

He may well have been pivotal in some games last season but definitely not the game v Barrow last Saturday.

He was out of position (wherever that may have been) on various occasions, his passing was suspect at times and even Flynny was shouting at him.

Fingers crossed it is just a blip - personally I don't see what he currently brings to the team.

I believe that there are a few on here who voted for him just to get a 'rise' out of others on the board.

Willthiswork wrote:If anyone actually saw him on Saturday they would say that he was nowhere near being man of the match.

He may well have been pivotal in some games last season but definitely not the game v Barrow last Saturday.

He was out of position (wherever that may have been) on various occasions, his passing was suspect at times and even Flynny was shouting at him.

Fingers crossed it is just a blip - personally I don't see what he currently brings to the team.

I believe that there are a few on here who voted for him just to get a 'rise' out of others on the board.
As if!
Just to be clear I didn't.
Now you know how frustrating running MOM was last season also.
Glad I'm out of it.
Cheers

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spot on Supporter.

So, in your opinion , what was his contribution to the game on Saturday that was pivotal in allowing others to play?
Genuinely interested as he didn't put in many, if any, tackles.. and the game seemed to pass him by for long stretches

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spot on Supporter.

So, in your opinion , what was his contribution to the game on Saturday that was pivotal in allowing others to play?
Genuinely interested as he didn't put in many, if any, tackles.. and the game seemed to pass him by for long stretches
I was thinking the same Exile ! Pivotal?? Not from the game I was watching.

Anyone who has watched Willmott knows out wide is his best position and where he will have most impact, Saturday he had to do a disciplined job by holding position and if you watch the game again you would see that he was very often in space. For Sheehan and Twine to have forward freedom someone has to sit and cover, that player Saturday was Willmott and therefore he was pivotal to the game plan.

supporter wrote:Anyone who has watched Willmott knows out wide is his best position and where he will have most impact, Saturday he had to do a disciplined job by holding position and if you watch the game again you would see that he was very often in space. For Sheehan and Twine to have forward freedom someone has to sit and cover, that player Saturday was Willmott and therefore he was pivotal to the game plan.
Sorry Supporter, everyone has their own opinion but theres no way he was pivotal in any of the reasons you suggest. Not even close. If you said the same about Howkins I'd give the same response, it's not about it being 'Robbie'. Its about a player who consistently performs poorly. We've had it in the past when people have said similar about Jackson, Nouble etc Wilmott supporters on current form are wearing the wrong glasses.

SULLY34 wrote:
supporter wrote:Anyone who has watched Willmott knows out wide is his best position and where he will have most impact, Saturday he had to do a disciplined job by holding position and if you watch the game again you would see that he was very often in space. For Sheehan and Twine to have forward freedom someone has to sit and cover, that player Saturday was Willmott and therefore he was pivotal to the game plan.
Sorry Supporter, everyone has their own opinion but theres no way he was pivotal in any of the reasons you suggest. Not even close. If you said the same about Howkins I'd give the same response, it's not about it being 'Robbie'. Its about a player who consistently performs poorly. We've had it in the past when people have said similar about Jackson, Nouble etc Wilmott supporters on current form are wearing the wrong glasses.

Agree with you there. The only reason he was ever in space was the game was passing him by, he certainly wasn't holding anything and didn't seem to go in for any challenges either.
He was poor, plain and simple. Also felt Howkins was poor and very lucky not to have been sent off. Haynes wasn't great either by his standards, especially his set pieces.
Lots of decent performances though.

Exile 1976 wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:

Agree with you there. The only reason he was ever in space was the game was passing him by, he certainly wasn't holding anything and didn't seem to go in for any challenges either.
He was poor, plain and simple. Also felt Howkins was poor and very lucky not to have been sent off. Haynes wasn't great either by his standards, especially his set pieces.
Lots of decent performances though.
There were some great performances and we've started the season really well.

SULLY34 wrote:
In fairness Sully you have never in my memory ever had a good word for the fella.
You sorry to say clearly know better than our manager does.
Totally ridiculous that 11 contributors were all taking the Mick.
I didn't vote, Supporter didn't vote for him.
You sadly to say mate are coming over very pompously.
You may get a call down to training.
We won but itseems every time you come on its to have a slam at the fella.
The fact that only 2 other players had more votes than him last season makes you look totally stupid with the daftest comment for some time.
"consistently performs poorly"
Just plain daft comment Sully.
Sorry mate.