Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Watford

excessbee wrote:I presume there is an obligation on all EFL clubs to enter. Did they have any say in the decision to run a competition where there is a fair chance of no prize money being won by any member club? At least by having winners' money for all rounds half of all league one and two clubs would get something out of it.
Of course there is an obligation to take part, but can you imagine the costs if we had had 3 away games in this competition to the North east and North West? Luckily and for a change we have had 3 home games.
Quite possibly 2 buses needed and overnight hotel accommodation with zero income for all the effort.
I know under 'normal' seasons with sharing gate receipts etc, might alleviate some or all the cost, but this season could be one way to financial oblivion.

Brownyboy wrote:
JonD wrote:Agreed. It's actually laughable to imagine the likely contenders' disdain for a £100K prize. In all probability they won't be too excited about the Europa League qualifying spot either as they'll be tracking a bigger fish than that.
Winners don't even get that now, its the new 3rd tier Europa Conference instead
Oops, I'd not even heard of that comp until you said. Time to google.

County-at-the-races wrote:
excessbee wrote:I presume there is an obligation on all EFL clubs to enter. Did they have any say in the decision to run a competition where there is a fair chance of no prize money being won by any member club? At least by having winners' money for all rounds half of all league one and two clubs would get something out of it.
Of course there is an obligation to take part, but can you imagine the costs if we had had 3 away games in this competition to the North east and North West? Luckily and for a change we have had 3 home games.
Quite possibly 2 buses needed and overnight hotel accommodation with zero income for all the effort.
I know under 'normal' seasons with sharing gate receipts etc, might alleviate some or all the cost, but this season could be one way to financial oblivion.
The first two rounds are regionalised.