Re: No crowds till ????

If the test event is for the purpose of testing the ground procedures, turnstiles/queues, entry and exiting, stewarding and seating, toilets, would a successful rugby fixture mean that we would then not have to stage another test event for approval of our systems? A Dragons or Blues match with a 1000 capacity might allow us to go directly to a higher allowance, 1800 or whatever has been decided.

excessbee wrote:If the test event is for the purpose of testing the ground procedures, turnstiles/queues, entry and exiting, stewarding and seating, toilets, would a successful rugby fixture mean that we would then not have to stage another test event for approval of our systems? A Dragons or Blues match with a 1000 capacity might allow us to go directly to a higher allowance, 1800 or whatever has been decided.
No test events for any sports mate. The entire plan for crowds coming back to sport next month has been postponed. No date given for when it might be re-started.

Still doesn't answer the question, if the testing centre prevents any fixture from taking place, my question is not put to the test.
Both football and rugby venues will have to carry out a test of procedures. Will a successful test carried out at a rugby fixture be deemed satisfactory for football purposes, and vice versa? Will one test fixture be sufficient to cover both codes?
Last edited by excessbee on September 23rd, 2020, 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Probably unlikely, but what would happen in the event that the Welsh government says crowds could come in before its allowed in England?

It’s a bit frustrating watching Foxhall getting interviewed on Sky Sports just now, and it’s all ‘Boris this, Boris that,’ but a most of those rules and support packages don’t actually apply to us.

excessbee wrote:Still doesn't answer the questionas, if the testing centre prevents any fixture from taking place, my question is not put to the test.
Both football and rugby venues will have to carry out a test of procedures. Will a successful test carried out at a rugby fixture be deemed satisfactory for football purposes, and vice versa? Will one test fixture be sufficient to cover both codes?
I would doubt it, different sports probably have different procedures to follow.

halfmoon wrote:Probably unlikely, but what would happen in the event that the Welsh government says crowds could come in before its allowed in England?

It’s a bit frustrating watching Foxhall getting interviewed on Sky Sports just now, and it’s all ‘Boris this, Boris that,’ but a most of those rules and support packages don’t actually apply to us.

I missed that. What did Foxhall say?

South London Exile wrote:
halfmoon wrote:Probably unlikely, but what would happen in the event that the Welsh government says crowds could come in before its allowed in England?

I missed that. What did Foxhall say?
Nothing we didn't already know. We're in a good position because of cup runs, currently budgeted to go without fans until January, tough times ahead for all clubs without further support etc etc

Willthiswork wrote:
excessbee wrote:I know that. It was just a query about the eventual event, whenever it happens. Will a rugby match be acceptable to clear Rodney Parade for football matches?
Not whilst the testing centre is still here.
Testing centre is obviously a red herring as the club was ready to apply to the 1,000 pilot scheme before Newport went into local lockdown: https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... -lockdown/