Tonight’s Red card

Good Evening!

After seeing the Watford player receive a red card I was wondering what is the punishment and how is it administered?
With teams fielding “squad” players, how do they serve a match ban. How do they miss a game they wouldn’t have featured in anyway, how is the punishment actually served?
Who decides which is the players “next” game if he isn’t a regular player?

Any ideas?

Phil in Northampton

Re: Tonight’s Red card

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Evening!

After seeing the Watford player receive a red card I was wondering what is the punishment and how is it administered?
With teams fielding “squad” players, how do they serve a match ban. How do they miss a game they wouldn’t have featured in anyway, how is the punishment actually served?
Who decides which is the players “next” game if he isn’t a regular player?

Any ideas?

Phil in Northampton
Just read this on the Sun website:
".....changes this season will see yellow cards only counting in the competition they are received.
Red cards will continue to count across all competitions"

Interesting point Phil.In this instance it merely ended any hope they might have had of getting back into the game.We should have had a penalty for handball in the first few minutes,Breakspear was looking right at it so how he didn’t give it....Their penalty looked extremely soft to me but no one argued too much.

George Street-Bridge wrote:A Maldon player got a red card at Orient in the FA Cup last season but still played against us in the next round, I think they treated straight reds differently from two yellows.

To be fair I struggled to spot our pen last night, thought Watford's was more obvious.
It was off camera at the far post, our player ( Shepherd? ) was held, probably spotted by lino. I thought theirs was soft, he pushed the ball past our player and then ran into him was my impression.