New signings

We have seen five of the eight new signings,wondered what fans think so far,here’s my views.
Shephard,very impressed,gets down the touch line and gets in some great crosses,all round game solid.He can pass,tackle and reads the game well.
Cooper,liked him from the first minute I saw him.Looks the part,a CB who can play with the ball,solid player and reliable defender,I can see way Swans manager rates him.
Twine,a surprise package,I thought he was a striker who would be a bit part down the pecking order player.I like him in this position in the hole behind the strikers and in front of the midfield,he will score a few from second balls.
Taylor,if he can stay fit then the ideal L2 striker.Strong,tough number 9 who can hold the ball and bring players into play and he will score 15 goals.
Janneh,still a bit raw but plenty of potential.I like his running at defenders and will be a good impact player.
Ellison,we know what he can do,very much a squad player,probably.
Webb,cover at LB,unlikely to get a look in ahead of Howkins and co at CB but can play there if injuries.
Longe King,looked good on the video and had a few near misses against the Gas before injury.Will be a different proposition to Marvel I feel and will make a contribution when fit.Hope so as I have sponsored his shirt,if not then I have got a pristine shirt next May.
Other comments are welcomed.

Re: New signings

Pleased obviously that the new guys have done well.

It seems to me so far that MF is using squad rotation. I know we have played a few cup games and we might expect that, but, it doesn’t seem to matter at the moment who plays, we seem to do well. It is great that we have players who can step up.

I haven’t done the maths but I wonder how many players have played in league and cups this year. I don’t mean who has played in every game but how many players has he used so far.

Things are looking good on the pitch imo. Just hope fans can get back by the end of the season to see it.

Both Twine and Shephard have allowed Josh Sheehan to shine in a playmaker role. Haynes and Shephard are playing wide which also helps - Haynes is always finding space and has a good cross. I think Shephard may be a surprise package for us this season with his aggressive attacking outlook.

Agree with pretty much everything that has been said re. new signings. Very positive to date. Will be interesting to see Webb play at left back/wing back, as an alternative to Haynes. Presumably will get time game in next EfL trophy match. Ellison also?
Interesting to note however, that Shephard said in interview that he can play on either flank if necessary.

I’m not known for my optimism being a lifelong supporter but I’m happy to confirm the above views. This is our best squad for a while I reckon. Even those that I’ve regarded with lukewarm appraisal are looking good and Flynny appears to want to play football with this squad - there really is nothing not to like at the moment.

I agree, all the new signings look decent for a change.

Whilst we seem to be playing more passing and possession-based football, especially at the defensive end of the pitch, it is great whilst the weather and pitches are good, but think we might revert to type when the mud comes a calling!

Also, seem to be varying the Mickey D long throw, mixing it up a bit and not over reliant on something I am not sure has ever worked. In fact, quite the opposite as we seemed to struggle before when a long throw was easily cleared and left short for the quick counter attack.

Hope we can get the November to February period sorted when after good starts we get slammed.

Agree with the comments above.
Also we are playing like we did a couple of seasons ago, chasing and harassing the opposition (if we can’t win the ball make sure they don’t win clean ball, thus giving us more time and making it difficult for them).

Good to see line outs and free kicks being changed about this season (all too predictable last season with poor outcomes). Too many floated crosses and long throwing last season which were all too easily dealt with.

Nice to see us passing the ball in front of our man for him to run onto (last season our passing was poor either square or behind)

Great commitment from all players so far.

All the new recruits that have played look the part and appear that they want to be here and play.

Keep up the good work lads