The i-Follow Experience

Good morning all.

While I didn't really expect anything different, it now seems likely that there will be no crowds at games this season at all.

I don't live in Wales any more and would like to support the club and am thinking about buying a season ticket which - as I understand it - would allow me to stream all home league matches? Have I got that right? Can I stream any other games at no further cost?

Not being particularly tecky does that mean streaming to a laptop or can matches be watched on TV?

I would be grateful for any info re the above and how have people found the experience.

Thank you, Dave.

Re: The i-Follow Experience

The Season Ticket would cover live streaming of home league games only, anything else at £10 a time.

I think you can stream to a smart tv with internet connection (although not 100% sure on this), or alternatively if the tv has HDMI sockets you could stream to the laptop and "mirror" the video on your tv by connecting the laptop to the tv - suitable leads for androids are available for about £10 from amazon etc. Not sure about iphones / pads
Last edited by County Exile on September 23rd, 2020, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Streaming to a desktop PC or portable device is very straightforward. You need to register for an account. The basic sub gives live audio, and video highlights the next day.

You can connect a device to your TV via cable, but you can't stream straight to a smart TV.

A season ticket gives access to home league games - they email you a voucher number for a free "purchase" - BUT there's a cutoff date early next month.

Cup games and away league games are a tenner.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Streaming to a desktop PC or portable device is very straightforward. You need to register for an account. The basic sub gives live audio, and video highlights the next day.

You can connect a device to your TV via cable, but you can't stream straight to a smart TV.

A season ticket gives access to home league games - they email you a voucher number for a free "purchase" - BUT there's a cutoff date early next month.

Cup games and away league games are a tenner.
I connected my phone via the wireless connection (in settings) to the smart TV mirror cast app! Works great.

So is the ifollow experience proving to be worthwhile? I'm in the same boat, haven't renewed my season ticket yet but don't want to subscribe to a service that crashes due to high demand.

What is the quality of camera coverage and commentary like, is there any pre and post match interviews and most importantly:

Do the presenters wear black trainers with white soles like all the main steam presenters do?

Camera is one position only but I'd say none the worse for that. It helps me that it's a similar view to the one from my ST seat.

I've watched upwards of a dozen live games over last season and this and never had any problems with the video - BUT you do need to switch off phone alerts or you'll get notified of goals about a minute before they go in. Likewise if you have a TV channel with a vidiprinter on elsewhere in the room.

People gripe about the commentator, but I sure as heck couldn't do it. I love Mark O'Brien as co-commentator.

They will so obviously be wearing the coolest trainers that you don't even need to ask! 8)

George Street-Bridge wrote:Camera is one position only but I'd say none the worse for that. It helps me that it's a similar view to the one from my ST seat.

I've watched upwards of a dozen live games over last season and this and never had any problems with the video - BUT you do need to switch off phone alerts or you'll get notified of goals about a minute before they go in. Likewise if you have a TV channel with a vidiprinter on elsewhere in the room.

People gripe about the commentator, but I sure as heck couldn't do it. I love Mark O'Brien as co-commentator.

They will so obviously be wearing the coolest trainers that you don't even need to ask! 8)
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

More worrying for me is that I'm not missing the overall match day experience as much as I thought I would, although I had come to detest the 250 mile roundtrip for home games....

Whilst I shouldn't be discouraging anyone not to buy a season ticket. Even without doing so paying £10 per match for each home game you chose to watch will provide the club with much needed money whilst playing behind closed doors.
Personally I watch the games on a laptop, and find the experience quite acceptable, even if the commentator is a little annoying in that he often unable to identify players correctly, and doesn't seem to understand the referees hand signals when he blows his whistle.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Camera is one position only but I'd say none the worse for that. It helps me that it's a similar view to the one from my ST seat.

O’Brien’s amusing comments more than make up for the commentator who appears to have no basic knowledge of the laws of the game and thinks we’re Newport Cowney :grin:
I watched first game on my phone ( too small ) because my smart tv refused to mirror, perhaps it was a glitch. Anyway, last night’s game I watched on my iPad which is good enough for a decent view. Despite there being no pre or post match, build up ,or after chat, at least you get to see the game and the game last night was well worth a tenner.

lowandhard wrote:

O’Brien’s amusing comments more than make up for the commentator who appears to have no basic knowledge of the laws of the game and thinks we’re Newport Cowney :grin:
I watched first game on my phone ( too small ) because my smart tv refused to mirror, perhaps it was a glitch. Anyway, last night’s game I watched on my iPad which is good enough for a decent view. Despite there being no pre or post match, build up ,or after chat, at least you get to see the game and the game last night was well worth a tenner.
I like OB's amusing comments, but if you were listening rather than watching on iFollow it would probably be very frustrating as often Charlie Brown and OB were chatting whilst the game was in progress. By the way what's happened to Richard Shepherd, I thought his commentaries were very high quality?

JonD wrote:Hi Dave, we found ourselves seated beside each other at a game in the past. Can't remember which one but it feels a long time ago.

Here's a thread that might answer some of your queries, though for example I struggled to watch it on anything but my phone whereas others managed on all sorts of devices.

http://www.weareexiles.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50295
Hi Jon, indeed we did, I think it was the first leg of the semi final playoffs, the 1-1 draw with Mansfield. Good to hear from you and your comments on the i-Follow experience.

Thank you everyone for all your comments. So one final question, for my first match is my initial spend £10 or do I need to get the £45 audio pack then £10 per match?