Re: Criticism

If buts and maybes ?

I would have thought we had a chance of a TV game with the Swansea or Watford tie because of our recent history
IF Orient beat Spurs , Sky would probably pick them as we have had a fair few games on TV over the last few seasons
With the Cheltenham game which a very winnable game as well as the other games we could bank £50,000 and not trust luck of draws and hope of getting on tv
We might not get chosen for a tv game and make very little, if any out of our great cup run. IMO we should have tried to get the £10,000 we had a great chance of getting rather than concentrate on hoping we get the tv game

I agree. Sunderland claim to have made nearly £1million out of a Trophy run that took them to Wembley. We need to get real about Covid and switch priorities to driving maximum revenue. At this time it means giving the Trophy at least the same priority as the League Cup because of the prize money.

G Guest wrote:I agree. Sunderland claim to have made nearly £1million out of a Trophy run that took them to Wembley. We need to get real about Covid and switch priorities to driving maximum revenue. At this time it means giving the Trophy at least the same priority as the League Cup because of the prize money.
Most of that would have been from attendance and sponsors - that ain't gonna happen in the current situation.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
neilcork68 wrote: IF Orient beat Spurs , Sky would probably pick them as we have had a fair few games on TV over the last few seasons
Do they have a date yet for Orient-Spurs?
I think Orient may have to forfeit the tie. I read that on an unsolicited pop-up on my phone, so could be fake news. :wink:

Ugo. wrote:The carabao cup had to be a priority.

For instance if we had drawn liverpool home this round then we would have earned more through tv revenue.

We wont earn much even if we get to the final of the other if no fans are allowed.
Personally I think exactly the same if the Newcastle game is confirmed tbh, can’t believe this week, we get a topic titled Criticism?? ... but there you go, free speech and all that.

neilcork68 wrote:Given we don't seem to be earning that much from our great cup run so far was it a good idea to field the side we did against Cheltenham where there was prize money on offer ????

Is it £10,000 for winning a game in the EFL Trophy ????
That thought occurred to me also. Presumably it was considered the team selected was good enough to defeat Cheltenham. Of course we still have 2 more trophy games to play, and didn't we progress last year having lost a game in the first group stage?
Perhaps if we lose to Newcastle stronger teams will be selected in the remaining group games to try and earn some prize money.
Bearing in mind that League survival has to be number 1 priority