Updated: new 1912 Exiles episode, "Pretty to watch" (13 Oct)

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

Kairdiff Exile

Our proud capital...

Updated: new 1912 Exiles episode, "Pretty to watch" (13 Oct)

Postby Kairdiff Exile » September 27th, 2020, 8:35 pm

Rhys, Martyn and Ed discuss Newport County's good recent form and the welcome progress in our playing style. Martyn suggests how we might replace the injured Ryan Taylor, Rhys praises the club's work on mental health and Ed has a rant about the suggested bailout for Football League clubs - "Project Big Picture" - and the many strings attached to it.

http://tinyurl.com/1912exiles

As always, please do like and subscribe, leave nice reviews, and follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
Last edited by Kairdiff Exile on October 15th, 2020, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Free beer

Re: NEW 1912 Exiles Podcast - Newcastle preview (27 Septembe

Postby Free beer » September 30th, 2020, 10:21 am

Many thanks for these reviews and previews, I always enjoy them and generally agree with 90% of the points raised.
Cheers
Tony
User

Jack - Admin

Rank

Administrator

Re: NEW 1912 Exiles Podcast - Newcastle preview (27 Septembe

Postby Jack - Admin » September 30th, 2020, 1:14 pm

Thanks Tony, we appreciate the feedback.
User

phil_in_npton

Re: Updated: new 1912 Exiles episode, "Pretty to watch" (13

Postby phil_in_npton » October 18th, 2020, 10:17 am

Good Morning!

Thanks for the podcast output, I have just belatedly listened to it this morning. It’s great for us Exiles to hear “the locals” voices discussing the County. Also how nice to hear what appear to be well adjusted, reasonably thinking sensible people ! It’s a real antidote to my over indulgence on the message board where everything gets polarised and personal.

Ironically, due to the Coronavirus situation I have probably already watched County play as many times already as I would have done in the whole of a normal season.

It’s great to hear the praise for Matty Dolan, he is officially our family’s favourite player, as he is the only one we have actually met! We bumped into him in a service station car park, holding his new born, and no longer was he a distant footballer in amber, but a normal bloke just like the rest of us!

The part of the podcast I enjoyed most was the crowd chants in the closing credits, that is what we are missing and it was a painful reminder!

Phil in Northampton
User

Kairdiff Exile

Our proud capital...

Postby Kairdiff Exile » October 18th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Thanks for those kind words, Phil - greatly appreciated.
User

Kevinmoorefellover

Postby Kevinmoorefellover » October 19th, 2020, 10:21 am

Have you considered increasing the frequency of the podcasts? I’ve no doubt you are busy with day to day stuff but I’m always after something interesting to listen to.
User

Kairdiff Exile

Our proud capital...

Postby Kairdiff Exile » October 19th, 2020, 11:02 am

TBH, the biggest barrier to more regular episodes is availability of contributors. For the pod to be interesting, ideally you want at least three people so it's a proper conversation - and of the four regulars, we're all busy with kids / jobs / life so finding a time to record (and then edit) can take a while. We'd certainly be willing to widen the pool of contributors if the right person / people came along!

The other thing I will say is that our download stats suggest we have a good and stable level of listenership - but we'd like to grow it as I think we're only really touching the tip of the iceberg of support. If downloads went up and we continued to get good feedback, we'd probably try to record more regularly! Any help people can give to spread the word would be good, so recommend us to County-supporting friends, give us a plug on social media, follow / share posts on Facebook or Twitter and hopefully we can keep it moving.

Thanks for the positive feedback - much appreciated.
User

Kevinmoorefellover

Postby Kevinmoorefellover » October 19th, 2020, 2:19 pm

I’ll do my best to help spread the word.
User

Countymax

Postby Countymax » October 23rd, 2020, 11:42 am

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:Have you considered increasing the frequency of the podcasts? I’ve no doubt you are busy with day to day stuff but I’m always after something interesting to listen to.

Agreed. Really enjoy the pods so more frequency would be awesome but appreciate the limitations.