Re: EFL Petition

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I make a statement that it is very sad that people have died from Covid and Halligan takes issue with it.192000 fair minded people have signed a petition to attend football matches but,he only takes issue with me.7000 scientists and doctors have signed a petition to change lockdown rules but,he only takes issue with me,creepy.
In a population of 66,000 000 I think you'll find that 65,809,000 haven't signed the petition.

As somebody else said you are not only talking nonsense but dangerous nonsense. Thankfully you have made such an idiot of yourself by stating your belief that the common cold can be caught by wearing shorts and flip flops in October. The common cold can only be caught by a reaction to a virus Percy. And that virus won't be confused with the virus which caused Covid 19.

I think it's sad that people can't go to football matches. I think the ending to Casablaca is sad. I have another word for the misery that 1,000,000 dead and rising has caused.
So you recommend walking around in shorts and T shirt in October do you.You May find that this leads to hypothermia which reduces the immune system and confusion and the inability to realise how silly it is to do it.Then he comes into contact with you spouting crap and your airborne spit infects him.Anyway,you haven’t commented on the Great Barrington group of scientists and doctors who disagree with your views.Maybe you can put them straight and tell them how qualified you are to correct them on their misguided actions.

Percy plunkett wrote: So you recommend walking around in shorts and T shirt in October do you.You May find that this leads to hypothermia which reduces the immune system and confusion and the inability to realise how silly it is to do it.Then he comes into contact with you spouting crap and your airborne spit infects him.Anyway,you haven’t commented on the Great Barrington group of scientists and doctors who disagree with your views.Maybe you can put them straight and tell them how qualified you are to correct them on their misguided actions.
Morning Percy,

Firstly I suggest you read properly what the Great Barrington group say. I also suggest you read properly the academic criticism of what they say.

In terms. I agree entirely with their analysis that a much more targeted approach is required. Unfortunately many of those critical point out that the failing to set out how this is to be done.
Secondly as far as I can see they do not in any event suggest that all restrictions can be or should be lifted. Indeed they specifically cite Sweden. Sweden currently has a limit on football crowds of 50.

This is the problem Percy. If people attend football matches it will help spread the virus. And more people will die. So again how many extra people dying do you regard as be5a fair price to pay for you being able to watch football?

Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I make a statement that it is very sad that people have died from Covid and Halligan takes issue with it.192000 fair minded people have signed a petition to attend football matches but,he only takes issue with me.7000 scientists and doctors have signed a petition to change lockdown rules but,he only takes issue with me,creepy.
In a population of 66,000 000 I think you'll find that 65,809,000 haven't signed the petition.

As somebody else said you are not only talking nonsense but dangerous nonsense. Thankfully you have made such an idiot of yourself by stating your belief that the common cold can be caught by wearing shorts and flip flops in October. The common cold can only be caught by a reaction to a virus Percy. And that virus won't be confused with the virus which caused Covid 19.

I think it's sad that people can't go to football matches. I think the ending to Casablaca is sad. I have another word for the misery that 1,000,000 dead and rising has caused.
So you recommend walking around in shorts and T shirt in October do you.You May find that this leads to hypothermia which reduces the immune system and confusion and the inability to realise how silly it is to do it.Then he comes into contact with you spouting crap and your airborne spit infects him.Anyway,you haven’t commented on the Great Barrington group of scientists and doctors who disagree with your views.Maybe you can put them straight and tell them how qualified you are to correct them on their misguided actions.
Percy mate.
Am just going to get the paper.
Guess what my dress for today is Polo Top short sleeved, shorts and sandals.
No socks as not German.
its 10th October.
May later put a jumper on if out for a good while.
No sign of hypothermia yet.
A bit, although you appear serious on that point of light hearted relief from the crap news created
by this buffoon and his sidekicks every day.
A total disgrace the lot of them.

News this morning that the government will allow audiences into the Royal Albert Hall in December.

In the same report (BBC) it was mentioned that there has been no evidence of an increase in COVID after the football test event in Brighton in August. That was well stewarded and evidenced.

In Germany 8,500 fans are allowed to attend matches in the Leipzig stadium. They obviously have it adequately controlled. Why is it beyond this government to allow the same here.

Why allow audiences into the RAH if it could spread COVID. Is that grossly irresponsible?

This stupid government has no consistency at all. We complain in football about the lack of consistency from our referees. The government are following the same path.

Exile 1976 wrote:I genuinely believe you could get 1000 fans in (and out) safely watching a game at Rodney Parade. Close the bars, ensure sensible toilet system with hand sanitizer provided around the ground and compulsory face masks.
I think you're right, but I'd also guess staging matches for 1,000 fans (additional stewarding, temperature testing at turnstiles etc etc) without any additional match day income (season ticket holders only allowed in and they've already bought their tickets) would mean the club making a substantial loss on every match.

Pretty sure I saw another L2 club chairman on the tele recently saying 30% capacity was the break-even point for them - and that included being able to sell merchandise at the game.

Other than as a one-off to prove safety protocols work, I can't see how 1,000 fans would work at our level (except maybe for Forest Green!)

Jonesy3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I genuinely believe you could get 1000 fans in (and out) safely watching a game at Rodney Parade. Close the bars, ensure sensible toilet system with hand sanitizer provided around the ground and compulsory face masks.
I think you're right, but I'd also guess staging matches for 1,000 fans (additional stewarding, temperature testing at turnstiles etc etc) without any additional match day income (season ticket holders only allowed in and they've already bought their tickets) would mean the club making a substantial loss on every match.

Pretty sure I saw another L2 club chairman on the tele recently saying 30% capacity was the break-even point for them - and that included being able to sell merchandise at the game.

Other than as a one-off to prove safety protocols work, I can't see how 1,000 fans would work at our level (except maybe for Forest Green!)
You could allow 1000 fans at the ground and stream the match on iFollow as well.

Blackandamber wrote:
Jonesy3 wrote:

You could allow 1000 fans at the ground and stream the match on iFollow as well.
But that wouldn't be an 'as well' - that's what is already happening. So the same income with a load of extra staging costs. Genuinely can't see it happening other than as a trial. 1,000 fans with no bars for any longer than that would kill clubs.

Jonesy3 wrote:

We don't sell any merchandise at the ground now anyway and we make very little from sales of food/drink.
We could probably hold 2000 home fans safely around the ground.