Re: EFL Petition

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Caradog wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Cancer and other killer illnesses are being ignored..

Yes Percy. That's why you have lockdown to prevent people getting Covid. And as a result of the hospitals not being inundated with Covid patients, cancer patients and those with other killer illnesses DON'T GET IGNORED!!!!

So how many people do you think it's acceptable to kill to allow you to go to the footie?
Nobody would be killed as no cases have been caught outside in fresh air.
Not quite true but close https://patient.info/news-and-features/ ... han-inside
The huge spike caused by Cheltenham race meeting in March not to mention Dragons and Liverpool v Italian opposition.

Guess what there's been no transmission at football and race meetings since for one reason.

There have been no crowds. Just because being outside is not as dangerous as being inside with respect to ease of transmission doesn't make it safe. A nuance which sadly seem beyond too many.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Caradog wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes Percy. That's why you have lockdown to prevent people getting Covid. And as a result of the hospitals not being inundated with Covid patients, cancer patients and those with other killer illnesses DON'T GET IGNORED!!!!

So how many people do you think it's acceptable to kill to allow you to go to the footie?
The huge spike caused by Cheltenham race meeting in March not to mention Dragons and Liverpool v Italian opposition.

Guess what there's been no transmission at football and race meetings since for one reason.

There have been no crowds. Just because being outside is not as dangerous as being inside with respect to ease of transmission doesn't make it safe. A nuance which sadly seem beyond too many.
Only Cheltenham has anecdotally been said to have led to cases. Having attended many times they would have been packed into bars not outside in fresh air. Please try to understand a nuanced argument.

Stan.

Top ten risk area where people are most commonly exposed to covid - Government figures from today.

1. Pub or bar
2. Restaurant or cafe
3. Supermarket
4. Working in hospitality
5. Hospitals, working or visiting
6. Holidays
7. Care homes
8. Shopping (clothes or department stores)
9. Home incl. visiting friends or relatives
10. Gym

All inside venues except perhaps 'holidays'. Absolutely no evidence or science to suggest that carefully-managed football or other sports matches in outdoor venues would be a higher risk than popping out for a paper etc.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Stan.

Top ten risk area where people are most commonly exposed to covid - Government figures from today.

1. Pub or bar
2. Restaurant or cafe
3. Supermarket
6. Holidays
7. Care homes
10. Gym

All inside venues except perhaps 'holidays'. Absolutely no evidence or science to suggest that carefully-managed football or other sports matches in outdoor venues would be a higher risk than popping out for a paper etc.
Firstly as crowds haven't been allowed at sporting events it is impossible for sporting events to be an area where the virus transmits. That's the idea behind stopping them.

Here in Ireland where per capita the infection rate and mortality rate is less than half that of the UK GAA events were allowed to take place with crowds of 200. Unfortunately it was found that this caused the infection rate to rise.

Anyway luckily even your idiot PM has twigged. Crowds will not be coming back to football any time soon. Also pubs and restaurants will soon be closed.

And just to be clear. I am utterly frustrated by this virus. It is f@cking up all of our lives. I appreciate all of that. But here's the thing. An awful lot of people on this board get on my tits. However there is not one single person on this board whose death or serious illness would not full me with sadness.

Now I have returned to be a front line worker. I am 63. I appreciate that this increases my chances of not seeing next spring. However I believe that the work that I do justifies the increased risk. I don't believe that watching a football match justifies that risk. I don't believe that watching a football match could ever justify that I might pass on the virus to another person.

Look at your list. The number one is pubs. We found in Ireland that people tended to go to pubs before and after GAA games. Please just pause and think about this. Talk to healthcare professionals and ask them what they think.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on October 8th, 2020, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Stan.

1. Pub or bar
2. Restaurant or cafe
3. Supermarket
6. Holidays
7. Care homes
10. Gym

Was wondering - could you provide a link to the supporting article ?
Genuinely curious.

thanks Dave

Caradog wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Caradog wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Only Cheltenham has anecdotally been said to have led to cases. Having attended many times they would have been packed into bars not outside in fresh air. Please try to understand a nuanced argument.
That's simply not true.

I will try to be less nuanced to get my point across. I will give you credit for being misguided as opposed to malicious.

Please on my knees I beg every single person who reads this to have in mind one simple unnuanced fact.

Caradog fell out of the idiot tree and hit every f@cking branch on the way down.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote: Would it not make sense to open every one of these so called temporary nightingale hospitals and every Covid hospitalised patient is treated and cared for there.
By whom?
How about the thousands of medical staff whose clinics have ceased to operate due to the pandemic and the utter chaos that has unfolded from day 1.
However you try and juggle the staff around there aren't enough of them, thousands are self-isolating. Last winter the NHS was 43,000 nurses short and operations were being cancelled.

Thanks for your reply Stan.

Firstly, hats off to you for returning to be a frontline worker. I look forward to seeing you flipping burgers in McDs. Only joking. I've tremendous respect for those in frontline and key jobs who put others' safety before their own. Well done and thank you. I start some voluntary work next week as a covid warden. Be warned - if I find your replies to posts made by Percy are too close together then you and I will be having words.

On the safety when watching football. I've tried to look for infection rates from Germany, where fans have attended bars en route to a game for weeks now, but found nothing. Presumably this means there is no heightened risk otherwise we'd have heard about it.

I conclude HM Government believe football is a self-funding hobby watched and played by oiks who've never been to Eton then it's not important. They're scared by the level of support, that 10,000 fans could safely fill Old Trafford and any suggestion of a spike in the Manchester or London areas (remember most Man Ure fans live nowhere near Manchester) then football is to blame.

Protect the vulnerable, ill and those potentially at risk. Preach and enforce sensible social distancing. Punish those breaching the law. But HMG needs to look after the public's mental health and for several thousand people in Newport, going to watch County once a fortnight provides escapism from work, stresses and other distractions for just a couple of hours.

Percy plunkett wrote:Very sad but typical,Brendan resorts to insults where Carodog speaks the truth.If someone has an opposite view to him then,he just acts like a child,pathetic.
You still haven't answered the question. How many families have to grieve the premature loss of a loved one before you regard it as too high a price to pay?

I don't mind people having opposite views to me. I do mind people talking absolute bollox about a pandemic which has killed well over a million people.

However as you pointed out one of the under reported aspects of this virus is that people are dying because their diagnosis and/or treatment is delayed because the health service is overrun because of Covid.

If you have ever watched someone you love die a lingering and death which might have been avoided you would not be quite so offensive as to make remarks such as it is 'sad' that 4,600 relatively healthy people died. Nor as offensive as to dismiss the scores of thousands of old, or ill, or inferm who have died as if their lives were not precious too.

Percy I used to think you were simply an idiot. Reading some of your posts I think I have seriously overestimated you.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Caradog wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I read the article. As it said the virus is more easily spread indoors than out. That is clearly true. That one of the headlines read with respect to being outdoors, '

Keep your distance and avoid crowds.

In support of allowing crowds to return to football stadia you cite an article which specifically tells you to avoid crowds?

Jim, I like and respect you, but this is codswallop.

Morning Percy,

Yesterday's figures are in for Covid deaths..

UK citizens dead 79. Irish citizens dead 1.

Nonetheless here the restrictions are tight and getting tighter, there you're calling for the freedom to go to football matches. I accept that there is a very balancing act. There are two extremes. You can massively restrict personal freedom for a limited period. That does damage the quality of life for the entire population. Or you can can let the virus rip. The estimate I have seen for the UK is doing that would result in about 500,000 dying before their time. Everyone is agreed that you have to balance somewhere between the two.

Now Ireland's population is much smaller than the UK. Per Capita the UK mortality rate is over twice that of Ireland. (That's the most UK friendly figure I can find.) The reason for this that Ireland has a more restrictive regime than the UK. Now Percy you wish to ease restrictions in the UK so you can go to the football of a Saturday. Easing restrictions will lead to more people dying.

I just want to know. How many people are you prepared to let your Government stiff so you can watch a football match?

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Thanks for your reply Stan.

Firstly, hats off to you for returning to be a frontline worker. I look forward to seeing you flipping burgers in McDs. Only joking. I've tremendous respect for those in frontline and key jobs who put others' safety before their own. Well done and thank you. I start some voluntary work next week as a covid warden. Be warned - if I find your replies to posts made by Percy are too close together then you and I will be having words.

On the safety when watching football. I've tried to look for infection rates from Germany, where fans have attended bars en route to a game for weeks now, but found nothing. Presumably this means there is no heightened risk otherwise we'd have heard about it.

I conclude HM Government believe football is a self-funding hobby watched and played by oiks who've never been to Eton then it's not important. They're scared by the level of support, that 10,000 fans could safely fill Old Trafford and any suggestion of a spike in the Manchester or London areas (remember most Man Ure fans live nowhere near Manchester) then football is to blame.

Protect the vulnerable, ill and those potentially at risk. Preach and enforce sensible social distancing. Punish those breaching the law. But HMG needs to look after the public's mental health and for several thousand people in Newport, going to watch County once a fortnight provides escapism from work, stresses and other distractions for just a couple of hours.
Thanks for your kind words. Although I genuinely respect the people who flip burgers, they work hard to support their families and do a job which brings pleasure to people.As insults go one I can easily live with. And I do see your argument. My problem is this.

This winter is likely point to be ghastly. However I am fairly convinced that a vaccine or vaccines will be available come the spring. I don't underestimate the misery of unemployment. I don't underestimate the effect on mental health. Indeed the mass unemployment of the early 1980's was a major factor in the mental health difficulties I experienced then.

But here's the thing. I recovered. The dead don't recover. And I would rather miss out for the next six months on football and drinking in pubs than see people die before their time.

The Great Barrington Declaration consists of more than 7000 scientists and doctors from around the world,they are saying that lockdown restrictions need to be lifted and help directed at the vulnerable and those with underlying health issues to fight the Covid crisis.People with better immunity and healthy people should be allowed to get on with their lives.These scientists should have a good understanding of the problems,more so than Boris I would think.