Re: EFL Petition

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Caradog wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Cancer and other killer illnesses are being ignored..

Yes Percy. That's why you have lockdown to prevent people getting Covid. And as a result of the hospitals not being inundated with Covid patients, cancer patients and those with other killer illnesses DON'T GET IGNORED!!!!

So how many people do you think it's acceptable to kill to allow you to go to the footie?
Nobody would be killed as no cases have been caught outside in fresh air.
Not quite true but close https://patient.info/news-and-features/ ... han-inside
I read the article. As it said the virus is more easily spread indoors than out. That is clearly true. That one of the headlines read with respect to being outdoors, '

Keep your distance and avoid crowds.

In support of allowing crowds to return to football stadia you cite an article which specifically tells you to avoid crowds?

Jim, I like and respect you, but this is codswallop.
Afternoon Bren I'm always accused of talking codswallop by the Mrs :grin:

Anyway that article also says that only one person has caught coronavirus outdoors

My thinking is you let in say 1500 into RP all must stay in an allocated area if you require the toilet for example you raise a hand a steward will direct you to a toilet when that toilet is free if needed all 1500 would have to wear masks even standing outside

I also noticed that you picked sporting events before tougher restrictions where in place as I have said on other threads the events picked such as County championship games ran successfully but for some reason the government picks on the sporting public but you can jump on a coach with say 50 other's and go on a trip to say Torquay if you're town has no restrictions

Out of the 2 my guess is that standing on a terrace for 2 hours is far more safer than sat on a coach for 3-4 hours

Percy plunkett wrote:The Great Barrington Declaration consists of more than 7000 scientists and doctors from around the world,they are saying that lockdown restrictions need to be lifted and help directed at the vulnerable and those with underlying health issues to fight the Covid crisis.People with better immunity and healthy people should be allowed to get on with their lives.These scientists should have a good understanding of the problems,more so than Boris I would think.
Ireland has a per capita death rate of less than half that of the UK. Ireland has a more strict regime than the UK. You are entitled to your view. On a like for like basis that would correlate that had the UK adopted the same policy as Ireland at least 23,000 UK citizens who are now dead would still be alive.

So tell me Percy as I ask for fourth time. How many people's lives are you willing to sacrifice so that you can watch a football match?

Edit.

I do agree that better targeting of resources towards the vulnerable is vitally important. But until this virus is defeated we all have a duty to each other to make sacrifices in order that when football crowds return as many as possible of all of us are there to see it.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:The Great Barrington Declaration consists of more than 7000 scientists and doctors from around the world,they are saying that lockdown restrictions need to be lifted and help directed at the vulnerable and those with underlying health issues to fight the Covid crisis.People with better immunity and healthy people should be allowed to get on with their lives.These scientists should have a good understanding of the problems,more so than Boris I would think.
Ireland has a per capita death rate of less than half that of the UK. Ireland has a more strict regime than the UK. You are entitled to your view. On a like for like basis that would correlate that had the UK adopted the same policy as Ireland at least 23,000 UK citizens who are now dead would still be alive.

So tell me Percy as I ask for fourth time. How many people's lives are you willing to sacrifice so that you can watch a football match?

Edit.

I do agree that better targeting of resources towards the vulnerable is vitally important. But until this virus is defeated we all have a duty to each other to make sacrifices in order that when football crowds return as many as possible of all of us are there to see it.
I am not sacrificing anyone’s life,there were over 26000 deaths from winter flu in 2017/18,why didn’t the government flag this up,why didn’t you rant on about wearing masks.Winter flu is a Coronavirus as is Covid.46000 people have died from Covid related illnesses,this could be flu virus,we don’t know.The Gus present everyday the number of Coronavirus positive tests there were,we are in winter,people get colds,flu,sore throats,coughs,chest infections etc,they are Coronavirus illnesses but,people are thinking it is Covid when it could just be a sniffy cold.Today,in work I looked out of the window and saw a bloke walking past in t shirt,shorts and flip flops.I would say that he has a good chance of going down with a heavy cold tomorrow or the next day,he will panic and seek a test and it will confirm that he has Coronavirus symptoms.Later next week,the Gus will include him in their daily number of new Coronavirus cases.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Edit.

I am not sacrificing anyone’s life,there were over 26000 deaths from winter flu in 2017/18,why didn’t the government flag this up,why didn’t you rant on about wearing masks.Winter flu is a Coronavirus as is Covid.46000 people have died from Covid related illnesses,this could be flu virus,we don’t know.The Gus present everyday the number of Coronavirus positive tests there were,we are in winter,people get colds,flu,sore throats,coughs,chest infections etc,they are Coronavirus illnesses but,people are thinking it is Covid when it could just be a sniffy cold.Today,in work I looked out of the window and saw a bloke walking past in t shirt,shorts and flip flops.I would say that he has a good chance of going down with a heavy cold tomorrow or the next day,he will panic and seek a test and it will confirm that he has Coronavirus symptoms.Later next week,the Gus will include him in their daily number of new Coronavirus cases.
Sorry Percy, but that's nonsense. Actually, it's dangerous nonsense. Tests are specifically for Covid-19 not random coronavirus. Someone with a heavy cold would not test positive for Covid-19. You also can't catch a heavy cold by going out in a T-shirt and shorts.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Edit.

Percy,

In Ireland when limited numbers of people were allowed to attend GAA matches the result was that the rate of infection went up. As a consequence of which more people died.

You are using a dangerous false logic. Covid is the perfect storm. Not only will the virus kill scores of thousands of people but others will prevent people getting the medical attention for other diseases. If crowds are allowed into sporting events the number of deaths will rise. Deaths that would otherwise not have happened.

So again I ask you. How many corpses will it take before the cost of you going to a football match is too many?

Well I am still in shorts Mid October and 71 but fingers crossed so far no sign of a sore throat or a cold.
Percy that's total bollox mate.
The term Old Wives tale springs to mind.
You wont get me in a pub, restaurant etc until this goes away though.
County or breathing?
Think i will keep the breath part.
One thing got to disagree with Stan on is the Rugby game against the Italians did not cause any spread of the virus.
Never saw a single Italian fan at the game. The Italian players came for the usual meal after in hospitality and I know on no cases of Covid caught at that game.
We had a box courtesy of friends and we were fine afterwards.

Take this any way you like but here is a little anecdotal story of what happened to me in work today. In my lunch break I was chatting to a workmate who is an avid football fan. He is a big supporter of Haverfordwest in the Welsh league and was bemoaning the fact that he couldn’t go to games at the moment. He has suggested that fans are allowed to go and sit in the stands and take up every 4/5th seat there so putting good social distancing measures in place to reduce the chances of catching COVID. He asked me about the issues at the County and the efl so I gave him the details and just shrugged my shoulders.

My point is this. We were inside in a work environment two metres apart both wearing compulsory face masks. A thought occurred to him and he explained it to me. ‘Mike there is more chance of us catching COVID in here even using social distancing procedures and wearing masks than there is outside at a well managed sporting event’. I told him that I completely agreed with him.

I have made the point before but I will say it again. Boris is a clown, however surely it is not too much to ask for even a clown to be consistent. Pubs, restaurants, cinemas, shops, supermarkets yes. Outside sports events, no. Where is the logic in this scenario?

A final point. People are putting too much emphasis on a vaccine and it being the answer to our problems. Yes, it may eventually be that. However, I think that is a long, long way away. If there was any chance of getting it out soon the media would be all over it. Don’t hold your hopes on a vaccine for quite a while. I sincerely hope I am wrong in this, but I don’t think I am. Summer 2021 is my guess.

pembsexile wrote:Take this any way you like but here is a little anecdotal story of what happened to me in work today. In my lunch break I was chatting to a workmate who is an avid football fan. He is a big supporter of Haverfordwest in the Welsh league and was bemoaning the fact that he couldn’t go to games at the moment. He has suggested that fans are allowed to go and sit in the stands and take up every 4/5th seat there so putting good social distancing measures in place to reduce the chances of catching COVID. He asked me about the issues at the County and the efl so I gave him the details and just shrugged my shoulders.

My point is this. We were inside in a work environment two metres apart both wearing compulsory face masks. A thought occurred to him and he explained it to me. ‘Mike there is more chance of us catching COVID in here even using social distancing procedures and wearing masks than there is outside at a well managed sporting event’. I told him that I completely agreed with him.

I have made the point before but I will say it again. Boris is a clown, however surely it is not too much to ask for even a clown to be consistent. Pubs, restaurants, cinemas, shops, supermarkets yes. Outside sports events, no. Where is the logic in this scenario?

A final point. People are putting too much emphasis on a vaccine and it being the answer to our problems. Yes, it may eventually be that. However, I think that is a long, long way away. If there was any chance of getting it out soon the media would be all over it. Don’t hold your hopes on a vaccine for quite a while. I sincerely hope I am wrong in this, but I don’t think I am. Summer 2021 is my guess.
I totally agree that there is a much greater chance of catching Covid indoors than outdoors. However at a lot of football grounds you have to go indoors before you go outdoors, i.e. underneath the stands and of course the toilets such as those in the Hazell. Somerton Park would have been ideal for the current situation as all of it was outdoors including the the Gents by the bob bank.

By the way health is a devolved issue so Boris is only 1 of 4 clowns.

Blackandamber wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Take this any way you like but here is a little anecdotal story of what happened to me in work today. In my lunch break I was chatting to a workmate who is an avid football fan. He is a big supporter of Haverfordwest in the Welsh league and was bemoaning the fact that he couldn’t go to games at the moment. He has suggested that fans are allowed to go and sit in the stands and take up every 4/5th seat there so putting good social distancing measures in place to reduce the chances of catching COVID. He asked me about the issues at the County and the efl so I gave him the details and just shrugged my shoulders.

I totally agree that there is a much greater chance of catching Covid indoors than outdoors. However at a lot of football grounds you have to go indoors before you go outdoors, i.e. underneath the stands and of course the toilets such as those in the Hazell. Somerton Park would have been ideal for the current situation as all of it was outdoors including the the Gents by the bob bank.

Wrong on the last point. We are in the efl remember. It’s Boris I am complaining about here not Mr Drakeford and his issues with the WFA. TBH I don’t really care about local football here. I just agreed with my mate.

Evening Mike,

Two points arising from your post.

Firstly every interaction between people carries the risk of spreading the virus. So it seems that before any interaction there needs to be some thought as to whether that interaction can be justified and also what precautions should or can be taken. I am now working with people with Acquired brain injuries. Were it not for myself and my colleagues the people in our care would die. As such I can justify that interaction. Doing my weekly shop likewise. Going to the pub or football match. Not so much. There is a line to be drawn and we will not all agree as to where that line should be. However some of the comments from some of the posters on here fill me with despair. I can disagree and debate with people who disagree on where the line should be. I have a real problem with those who think the deaths of thousands of people is sad.

I agree about the vaccine. I don't think we can avoid a ghastly winter. I do though think we can and should do all we can to mitigate.

I make a statement that it is very sad that people have died from Covid and Halligan takes issue with it.192000 fair minded people have signed a petition to attend football matches but,he only takes issue with me.7000 scientists and doctors have signed a petition to change lockdown rules but,he only takes issue with me,creepy.

pembsexile wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:

Wrong on the last point. We are in the efl remember. It’s Boris I am complaining about here not Mr Drakeford and his issues with the WFA. TBH I don’t really care about local football here. I just agreed with my mate.
Yes we are in the efl but it is Mr Drakeford who decides whether or not Newport, Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham can let spectators into their grounds for health and safety reasons. The same Mr Drakeford who allows most indoor events but went let me travel the 5 miles from Cwmbran to Newport.

Percy plunkett wrote:I make a statement that it is very sad that people have died from Covid and Halligan takes issue with it.192000 fair minded people have signed a petition to attend football matches but,he only takes issue with me.7000 scientists and doctors have signed a petition to change lockdown rules but,he only takes issue with me,creepy.
In a population of 66,000 000 I think you'll find that 65,809,000 haven't signed the petition.

As somebody else said you are not only talking nonsense but dangerous nonsense. Thankfully you have made such an idiot of yourself by stating your belief that the common cold can be caught by wearing shorts and flip flops in October. The common cold can only be caught by a reaction to a virus Percy. And that virus won't be confused with the virus which caused Covid 19.

I think it's sad that people can't go to football matches. I think the ending to Casablaca is sad. I have another word for the misery that 1,000,000 dead and rising has caused.

"EFL clubs given permission to broadcast games in club lounges at their stadium for home and (possibly) away matches. Likely to only apply to hospitality packages."

I don't know what to think about this. Would you want to go to RP and watch games 'live' on TV surrounded by a few other County fans? Maybe the marquee and bar could be used and we pay a fiver each to watch? I don't think I could do it every week but maybe Boxing Day etc games, seeing as I could watch the game at home in my armchair with all the biscuits, beer etc I want. Thoughts?