Watching games on devices

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

G Guest

Re: Watching games on devices

Postby G Guest » October 17th, 2020, 6:17 pm

I watched using an Amazon Firestick stuck in the back of the TV. So firesticks do work with IFollow. I had too much buffering for my liking though. I don't get that with my tablet. I will try again with the router closer to the tv.
User

County Exile

Frome, Somerset

Postby County Exile » October 17th, 2020, 9:27 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:-

Somebody needs to tell him how to pronounce Mickeys surname also.

He's had 3 years to get it right and still doesn't, even when his co-commentator is saying it properly seconds before!

Also irritating when he is talking about something unrelated to the match, if some goalmouth action or similar starts to happen on the pitch he ignores it and just carries on with his story.
User

Nineteen Eighty

Newport

Postby Nineteen Eighty » October 18th, 2020, 9:42 am

Watching from a laptop connected to tv via hdmi works perfectly, however not impressed with picture quality. Looks like its shot short of full frames. And jerky. Not the usual bbc quality. But its better than the radio.
Why is it 30 seconds behind the radio commentary ?
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » October 18th, 2020, 9:47 am

I watched it on an iPad while simultaneously in a Zoom group discussion about the game on my desktop PC. We were all slightly behind real time, but not in synch with one another.
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » October 19th, 2020, 8:45 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:I watched it on an iPad while simultaneously in a Zoom group discussion about the game on my desktop PC. We were all slightly behind real time, but not in synch with one another.

Yep, tech is still relatively sh!t :grin: I had expected by now to be watching games as a holographic scene on my living room rug or coffee table
Previous