'Project Big Picture'

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Re: 'Project Big Picture'

Postby wattsville_boy » October 15th, 2020, 1:32 am

faerun exile wrote:Plan has been scrapped - rejected by PL clubs at meeting today. Not surprising really. £50m rescue package from PL agreed for L1 and L2 which is welcomed.
Not sure how cash will be dished out. £1.4m for each club in L1 and £0.7m for each club in L2 perhaps? Would go a good way towards covering our match day losses for 20/21 I reckon.


That's a big reduction from the £250 million that was first mooted for EFL clubs.

They can shove up their arses...
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

Location

TrefGruffydd

Re: 'Project Big Picture'

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » October 15th, 2020, 7:54 am

wattsville_boy wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Plan has been scrapped - rejected by PL clubs at meeting today. Not surprising really. £50m rescue package from PL agreed for L1 and L2 which is welcomed.
Not sure how cash will be dished out. £1.4m for each club in L1 and £0.7m for each club in L2 perhaps? Would go a good way towards covering our match day losses for 20/21 I reckon.


That's a big reduction from the £250 million that was first mooted for EFL clubs.

They can shove up their arses...


Is it a such big reduction. How much of the £250m was earmarked for the Championship clubs?
User avatar
User

Kairdiff Exile

Location

Our proud capital...

Re: 'Project Big Picture'

Postby Kairdiff Exile » October 15th, 2020, 8:14 am

Actually, £50m for Divs 3 and 4 is the same as £250m for Divs 2-4 if you look at how it's calculated, which is why that £50m is what's proposed. Had they given the £250m for Divs 2-4, it would have been divided up according to each club's % of TV revenue. Clubs in Div 3 get 13% of the total TV pot for the Football League, clubs in Div 4 get 7%. 20% of £250m = £50m for clubs in the bottom, hence £50m for the bottom two leagues now.
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Re: 'Project Big Picture'

Postby faerun exile » October 15th, 2020, 8:25 am

The £250m was an advance on future tv deal so not new money so to speak. Likewise the £50m deal is rumoured to include a loan element so again strings attached. There is an EFL meeting today for clubs to discuss further so I guess we will learn more later.
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Re: 'Project Big Picture'

Postby faerun exile » October 15th, 2020, 11:39 am

In L2 it looks like it’s £700k per club comprising £280k grant and £420k loan.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Re: 'Project Big Picture'

Postby George Street-Bridge » October 15th, 2020, 3:48 pm

That loan figure looks worryingly close to sums which have put clubs under.
no avatar
User

jonescmj1

Location

Rozelle Sydney

Re: 'Project Big Picture'

Postby jonescmj1 » October 15th, 2020, 8:25 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:What I have seen is that the Premier clubs, outside of the big six (and even those other 4 - not Man Utd/Liverpool) are a little sceptical about it. The EFL clubs are generally for it as they know it will save them short-medium term.


On the topic itself and simply my view.

Football is more than a commercial enterprise. It is something which helps bind communities together. We need to look at the best way to build and evolve clubs to be part of the community. Rather than chase success paying more and more money to agents and players perhaps a better approach would be to accept that football should begin and end with having fun.


Agree!
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Powered by phpBB ®