New Striker

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

Location

TrefGruffydd

Re: New Striker

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » October 12th, 2020, 1:20 pm

If we are to sign anyone surely it has to be someone with an aerial presence who can link play high up the pitch, which was supposedly Taylors strength. Have to admit haven't witnessed enough of him to form an opinion.
Hamstring tendons can take a very long time to repair as i'm sure most are aware, however finding a like for like replacement at this stage I assume will be very difficult.
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Re: New Striker

Postby Justanordinaryfan » October 12th, 2020, 2:58 pm

Saw Taylor over the Swimming Pool and Tennis Centre today ... I’m no physio, but it didn’t look that long term to the naked eye ?
no avatar
User

ajs

Re: New Striker

Postby ajs » October 12th, 2020, 3:46 pm

Don't need another striker use Twine, what we do need is 2 midfielders, one attacking and one defensive, this will negate the need to use Wilmott who should be offloaded to free up a wage.
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: New Striker

Postby lowandhard » October 12th, 2020, 4:32 pm

ajs wrote:Don't need another striker use Twine, what we do need is 2 midfielders, one attacking and one defensive, this will negate the need to use Wilmott who should be offloaded to free up a wage.


Tend to agree but it is useful to have the option of the long ball out on occasion and it is invariably handy to have somebody who can hold the ball up. Try Howkins in training though perhaps not a good idea as all our defenders will end up injured :? :grin:
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Re: New Striker

Postby Alan G Bryant » October 12th, 2020, 4:36 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:The club or Flynny never learn do they?

Examples
Crofts crocked before signing
Leadbitter likewise
Now Taylor.


How much has that cost the club.


The club have also made some astute signings

Examples
O’Brien Crocked before signing
Demetriou likewise
Sheehan recovering from ACL

I guess it depends on your outlook
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Re: New Striker

Postby Justanordinaryfan » October 12th, 2020, 6:26 pm

I think it’s the market we operate in ..... the budget we have .... we have to take a punt here and there.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: New Striker

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » October 12th, 2020, 6:31 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:The club or Flynny never learn do they?

Examples
Crofts crocked before signing
Leadbitter likewise
Now Taylor.


How much has that cost the club.


The club have also made some astute signings

Examples
O’Brien Crocked before signing
Demetriou likewise
Sheehan recovering from ACL

I guess it depends on your outlook


Overcast with light rain.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: New Striker

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » October 12th, 2020, 6:32 pm

Justanordinaryfan wrote:I think it’s the market we operate in ..... the budget we have .... we have to take a punt here and there.

Of course but not on proven lame ducks.
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Re: New Striker

Postby Justanordinaryfan » October 12th, 2020, 7:09 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:I think it’s the market we operate in ..... the budget we have .... we have to take a punt here and there.

Of course but not on proven lame ducks.


Wel see.
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Re: New Striker

Postby Justanordinaryfan » October 12th, 2020, 7:13 pm

We took punts on fit ducks .... Waddle and Johnson .... where the flying fuxk did they get us ?

We took punts on proven lame ducks in Mickey and OBrien ... they turned out ok didn’t they ?

No doubt you won’t agree and have a sarcastic answer to boot.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: New Striker

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » October 12th, 2020, 10:49 pm

Justanordinaryfan wrote:We took punts on fit ducks .... Waddle and Johnson .... where the flying fuxk did they get us ?

We took punts on proven lame ducks in Mickey and OBrien ... they turned out ok didn’t they ?

No doubt you won’t agree and have a sarcastic answer to boot.


Firstly what a pathetic last sentence clearly looking for confrontation.

Waddle was probably too good for us but it had nothing to do with football for him to move on.

Johnson did nothing and was poor.

Mickey & OB were signed by Westley nothing to do with Flynny and both a lot younger than the 3 I quoted.

Neither were total crocks either, Mickey tough as they come. OB likewise so no comparison.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Cheers
no avatar
User

DT1892

Re: New Striker

Postby DT1892 » October 12th, 2020, 11:07 pm

OB spent near enough 2 seasons out with different knee injuries, not to mention his heart trouble, at Derby. And barely played when he left them. Taylor played 20 games last season, OB managed 21 in the 2 seasons before we signed him. If you're going to call Taylor a 'lame duck', then OB qualifies as well.

Injuries happen, hopefully it's closer to the 7 week mark, than the 12 that was quoted.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: New Striker

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » October 13th, 2020, 8:15 am

DT1892 wrote:OB spent near enough 2 seasons out with different knee injuries, not to mention his heart trouble, at Derby. And barely played when he left them. Taylor played 20 games last season, OB managed 21 in the 2 seasons before we signed him. If you're going to call Taylor a 'lame duck', then OB qualifies as well.

Injuries happen, hopefully it's closer to the 7 week mark, than the 12 that was quoted.

Football Forum.
Opinions
Taylor at end of career.
Played 20 Injured 26?
OB much younger and a very sad ending for a legend at RP.
Plymouth fans stated we bought an injury prone player.
Bet he is out more than he plays this season then he retires on a years salary.
Wish him well if that's the case.
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Re: New Striker

Postby Justanordinaryfan » October 13th, 2020, 9:04 am

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:We took punts on fit ducks .... Waddle and Johnson .... where the flying fuxk did they get us ?

We took punts on proven lame ducks in Mickey and OBrien ... they turned out ok didn’t they ?

No doubt you won’t agree and have a sarcastic answer to boot.


Firstly what a pathetic last sentence clearly looking for confrontation.

Waddle was probably too good for us but it had nothing to do with football for him to move on.

Johnson did nothing and was poor.

Mickey & OB were signed by Westley nothing to do with Flynny and both a lot younger than the 3 I quoted.

Neither were total crocks either, Mickey tough as they come. OB likewise so no comparison.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Cheers


All your theories are based on hindsight ....
The only pathetic clown is you.

If it was as easy and as straight forward as you make out we’d all be managers.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: New Striker

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » October 13th, 2020, 10:06 am

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:We took punts on fit ducks .... Waddle and Johnson .... where the flying fuxk did they get us ?

We took punts on proven lame ducks in Mickey and OBrien ... they turned out ok didn’t they ?

No doubt you won’t agree and have a sarcastic answer to boot.


Firstly what a pathetic last sentence clearly looking for confrontation.

Waddle was probably too good for us but it had nothing to do with football for him to move on.

Johnson did nothing and was poor.

Mickey & OB were signed by Westley nothing to do with Flynny and both a lot younger than the 3 I quoted.

Neither were total crocks either, Mickey tough as they come. OB likewise so no comparison.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Cheers


All your theories are based on hindsight ....
The only pathetic clown is you.

If it was as easy and as straight forward as you make out we’d all be managers.

Seriously what's your problem
I thought you were above play ground insults.
This is a football forum and of course its all about opinions and hindsight.
Do me a big favour and stop throwing silly insults, rather than debate something.

Thank you hopefully.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: faerun exile, Stan A. Einstein

Powered by phpBB ®