Re: Grandstand - Exiles v Tranmere

Blackandamber wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:the lack of goals last season was a serious problem, no more than 2 in any league game I believe?
Hoof ball and Amond sadly deteriorating as a threat and not suiting Jamma.
This year the build up on the ground football is great to watch but sadly imo we have nobody up front in the squad who can take advantage of this.
Sheppards crosses are pointless albeit very good if nobody can take advantage of them, although Haynes has gone backwards in creating danger from the left side.
Only possibility is Twines long range shots but we need far more.
A good assessment Mr Nouble 3. We are doing very well until we get into the opposition's penalty area. We only score from opposition's mistakes (like yesterday) or from long shots. If we can improve in front of goal we'll have a great season, otherwise I see us gradually slipping down the table, but it's still amazing how well we are doing considering where we were when Mike Flynn took over.
Yes, totally agree both. Our goals seem to be feeding off scraps or Twines efforts or rebounds from them and that’s despite some lovely football played so far this year. I fear the latter has been well and truly sussed now though and Tranmere took a wrecking ball to our game yesterday. We seemed to have to play long diagonal balls to the corners because we didn’t have Taylor in the lineup and the lack of a target man and a pretty lightweight goal threat is concerning.
Tranmere got what they deserved - nothing , it was however disconcerting to see them in the ascendancy on 86 minutes but we saw them off happily. It was good to see Labs has moderated his aggression with a bit more craftiness.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Second in the table and record progress in the EFL Cup says we are doing something well.

Never mind, Harps, with a bit of luck we'll start to slip and you can whine about that instead.
How truly sad you are.
Try reading what I am saying.
Some thoughts for you to digest GSB :roll:
Delightful football.
Great keeper.
No problems in defence.
All excellant.
Matty sensational.
Sheehan, Twine and to a lesser extent Labs superb.

Up front the big problem continues.
Whine not Twine over.
Total cloud covering outside today I see.

Nice for litter picking maybe or hopefully a build up run again.
My first is in pudding but not in a cake

I would agree with the overall fact, that we look a very competent side with limited attacking quality currently. We are playing very neat football, which more often or not fades in the final third, and something we need to put right if we are to sustain any sort of long term challenge, as we will face tougher opposition than what looked like a toothless Tranmere side offered yesterday! That said, still very happy with the victory!