Injuries

So Collins joins the ever-increasing list of long term injuries. Here we go again and I know Collins doesn’t have a long history of this but it’s a damned good reason for stopping our policy of regularly signing players who spend most of their time on the physio bench. I’m thinking of Taylor but with Howkins, Collins and Longe-King already out and with Labadie usually out for part of the season we could be in trouble soon. The season has barely started. I can’t recall a spell years ago when so many players were sick - and I’m thinking here of the past couple of seasons . Just reflect for a while and start adding up the player-months we’ve lost through sickness and injuries, it’s astronomical for a small club.

Re: Injuries

Willthiswork wrote:I wonder if any of the injuries recently are down to the Covid situation and the players having less access to fitness advice/tools?
The advice at least shouldn’t be a problem, don’t know about the tools. All I know is some have hardly kicked a bloody ball.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:I wonder if any of the injuries recently are down to the Covid situation and the players having less access to fitness advice/tools?
I do admire your loyalty to the club, but come on this smacks of desperation
:grin:
What I mean is players at this level haven't had the same facilities and daily checks and advice than they usually would have had. There seems to be a few clubs who are experiencing similar injury issues.

Without knowing the injury list for other teams, not just this season but historically, it's not possible to say whether this issue applies to Newport County or League Two teams in general. Maybe other clubs' supporters are also bemoaning the fact that another player has joined their list. Does anyone have that information from Tranmere Rovers?

We are simply an easy option for agents to offload sorry to say duffers (continually injury prone players.
That's okay if still young enough to return.
Crofts, Leadbitter and now Taylor just got a minimum years salary one 2.
Even forgot the fella who joined us season before last and couldn't play due to **** up on registration.
Finally allowed to play and continually injured.
Left us after getting a salary and pretty soon after retired (crocked)

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Stan I do believe he has some direct involvement with the club, albeit like AGB refused to reply to a previous enquiry on what that was.
Clearly imo will back the BOD 100% regardless.
There you go.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Stan I do believe he has some direct involvement with the club, albeit like AGB refused to reply to a previous enquiry on what that was.
There you go.
As far as I am aware, (Joe) involvement with the club is as a Press Officer. He does a good job and has done me a favour for which he knows I will be forever very grateful for.

He also does a lot of work on the Stadium Discussion Group so his commitment to the club cannot be questioned.

pembsexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
There you go.
As far as I am aware, (Joe) involvement with the club is as a Press Officer. He does a good job and has done me a favour for which he knows I will be forever very grateful for.

He also does a lot of work on the Stadium Discussion Group so his commitment to the club cannot be questioned.
I'm not the press officer, just a match day volunteer.

Thanks for the other words tho'.

My point above is just what I have noticed from other clubs injuries.

I don't see anything too much in the list of injuries that we have had in recent seasons other than bad luck. Injuries occur for no obvious reasons. I once pulled one of my chest muscles stretching after work. Look at the other night with Hennessey pulling up with what looked like a hamstring tweak. Was that caused by lack of match action for Crystal Palace or just bad luck? I suspect Goalkeepers don't necessarily need match practice because they train to play, knowing that any tweak, any heavy collison or any poor decision can see them straight on.

Willthiswork wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
There you go.

I'm not the press officer, just a match day volunteer.

Thanks for the other words tho'.

My point above is just what I have noticed from other clubs injuries.
You're not just a volunteer, people like you are the heart and soul of the club unlike the numpty riddler calling you out