Proctor & Lewis

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Proctor & Lewis

Postby Justanordinaryfan » October 16th, 2020, 5:56 pm

Both sign on Loan til Jan.
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Re: Proctor & Lewis

Postby daftasfxxx » October 16th, 2020, 6:08 pm

We're all good for right backs now
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Newport

Postby SULLY34 » October 16th, 2020, 6:18 pm

daftasfxxx wrote:We're all good for right backs now

3 of them!!!!
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » October 16th, 2020, 6:53 pm

Why do we need three RB’s,the other problem is we have seven loan players with only five allowed in the match day squad.I hope someone is responsible for making sure we don’t screw up and get fined or points deducted.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » October 16th, 2020, 7:00 pm

I thought the thread was about soap powders :bounce:
no avatar
User

County ranger

Postby County ranger » October 16th, 2020, 7:09 pm

Good news is with signings is that we clearly have lots of money to waste so no need for fans to worry.

I suspect we will see very little of them the Board really need to control Flynn.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » October 16th, 2020, 7:17 pm

Proctor has a very modest goals ratio and Lewis just a handful of EFL appearances.It may be that Flynny wants strength in numbers over quality,the short deals seem to suggest that.
no avatar
User

Ugo.

Postby Ugo. » October 16th, 2020, 8:34 pm

7 loanees, think Proctor will be on the bench and Webb and Lewis will be back up in case of defensive injuries.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » October 16th, 2020, 9:38 pm

County ranger wrote:Good news is with signings is that we clearly have lots of money to waste so no need for fans to worry.

I suspect we will see very little of them the Board really need to control Flynn.

Surely loanees 'til jan aren't that expensive and are intended primarily as cover for injuries to Taylor, Howkins and Collins. With 2 games a week for the next 4 weeks can you be so sure we will see very little of them?
no avatar
User

Amberarmy

Postby Amberarmy » October 16th, 2020, 9:45 pm

I'm surprised to see us sign another right back. We already have Shephard and Baker, so why was Lewis needed? Perhaps Flynny sees Baker as a centre back as mentioned on here before but even so, we have more than enough centre backs. I can't see how we will give so many defenders the minutes we may have promised them. We could have done with not signing two of these defenders and adding two central midfielders instead.

Anyway, I really hope all the signings make an impact for us and they all play a vital part in our team over the next few months.
no avatar
User

Amberarmy

Postby Amberarmy » October 16th, 2020, 9:47 pm

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
County ranger wrote:Good news is with signings is that we clearly have lots of money to waste so no need for fans to worry.

Surely loanees 'til jan aren't that expensive and are intended primarily as cover for injuries to Taylor, Howkins and Collins. With 2 games a week for the next 4 weeks can you be so sure we will see very little of them?

I hope you're right - all these new signings deserve minutes for us.
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Postby wattsville_boy » October 17th, 2020, 12:16 am

My guess is that he's looking at the option of playing Shepherd as a right-sided midfielder in a 4-4-2 type formation, in which case he'd need either Baker or Lewis as the right-back.

Another possibility is to convert one of them to a defensive midfielder within the current 3-5-2 to allow Sheehan to play further forward and/or to cover for Labadie's inevitable ban period(s).

Proctor I'm guessing is going to be a target man type striker - a direct swap for Taylor while he's injured.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » October 17th, 2020, 4:16 am

mad norm wrote:I thought the thread was about soap powders :bounce:

Bit of a gamble this signing. :grin:
no avatar
User

County ranger

Postby County ranger » October 17th, 2020, 8:25 am

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

Three extra wages to meet even if not 100% owing to loan arrangements is still more money going out with no more coming in - sooner or later football will get real in terms of running a business - the obsession with large squads just in case of injury or for multiple team tactics will end in going bust.
It suggests that there is absolutely no confidence in the academy / youngsters.
no avatar
User

Jonesy3

Postby Jonesy3 » October 17th, 2020, 8:43 am

County ranger wrote:Three extra wages to meet even if not 100% owing to loan arrangements is still more money going out with no more coming in - sooner or later football will get real in terms of running a business - the obsession with large squads just in case of injury or for multiple team tactics will end in going bust.
It suggests that there is absolutely no confidence in the academy / youngsters.

That might have been the case in previous seasons, but there is now a salary cap in place, so Flynny can't just sign players for the sake of it even if he wanted to.
Next