Proctor 9
Janneh 4
Ellison 3
Howkins 1
Collins 1
Devitt 1

Cheers

Re: MOM Running votes

Blackandamber wrote:Lay off Robbie. He's still a Newport County legend regardless. Will never forget Hereford, Spurs, Middlesborough and Leicester.
Legends are beyond criticism mate.
Humble apologies.
Superb Tuesday never stopped getting in the thick of the action.
Great to see him push forward every opportunity and never pass back to Cooper.
Without doubt I was wrong and he was superb on the night.

Blackandamber wrote:Lay off Robbie. He's still a Newport County legend regardless. Will never forget Hereford, Spurs, Middlesborough and Leicester.
So that is four games, just remind me as to how many he has played! Also notable that three of the those you highlight were televised, a feature that is very notable where Wilmott is concerned.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Legends are beyond criticism mate.
Humble apologies.
Superb Tuesday never stopped getting in the thick of the action.
Great to see him push forward every opportunity and never pass back to Cooper.
Without doubt I was wrong and he was superb on the night.
Couldn't have put it better myself :lol:

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
So that is four games, just remind me as to how many he has played! Also notable that three of the those you highlight were televised, a feature that is very notable where Wilmott is concerned.
He's played 182 games for Newport County, 128 games for Cambridge United and 54 games for Luton Town. He's played well in many games. You don't play that many games if you're rubbish, unless he's pulled the wool over all his managers. He's not in the best form of his life at the moment and I can't see him starting many games this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes out on loan in January. What I don't understand is why such a great servant of Newport County is the subject of so much criticism. Yes he had a bad game on Tuesday night but so did many players.

Blackandamber wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
He's played 182 games for Newport County, 128 games for Cambridge United and 54 games for Luton Town. He's played well in many games. You don't play that many games if you're rubbish, unless he's pulled the wool over all his managers. He's not in the best form of his life at the moment and I can't see him starting many games this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes out on loan in January. What I don't understand is why such a great servant of Newport County is the subject of so much criticism. Yes he had a bad game on Tuesday night but so did many players.
If he was that good as you say, why did he end up stacking shelves at Tesco’s, could it have been because he was unable to pull the wool over at least some managers eyes?
It was his mate Flynn who brought him back from a career in retail, when probably it was a move driven more by friendship rather than logic. I think that we will all agree that there have been occasions when Wilmott has excelled, but for me that has always been the exception rather than the rule.
Yet despite performances that warranted dropping him from the Team, Flynn would keep selecting him, and in that lies the problem. This perceived level of favouritism helps to divide opinion amongst supporters, and perhaps leads us to be hypercritical of Wilmott’s performances. That said, apart from the odd cross, he won’t tackle, marks space and for most of the match looks less than half interested in the proceedings.

An absolute mare of a game against Carlisle but still wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the starting 11 today.

I would be very surprised to see him in the starting 11 today. He's spent most of the season on the bench so not really Flynn's favourite. Shephard will start if he's fit. If not then I think Baker should be given a chance.

I would start Proctor and Ellison up front, but no doubt Flynn will give Abrahams another chance.

Morning all.
Just to let you know that its just not worth trying to run a genuine on going pole for MOM for the whole season.
Will ignore the Usual suspects responses who I am sure will delight in that fact.
Anyway well done the 8 contributors who thought Padraig/ Robbie & Tristran were MOM.
They actually very nearly got a point from Jim so congratulations to you all.
Happy days