Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Colchester Utd

Blackandamber wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Kevinmoorefellover wrote:There was one County home game on iFollow that I watched that didn’t have any commentary at the beginning of it due to a fault. It was much better, once the commentary cut back in, to have Charlie’s company, despite his foibles.

Like others I do wonder about the Dimmy Troo pronunciation though. I keep waiting for OB, who obviously knows Mickey well, to provide Charlie with the correct version of Demetriou’s name.
Why does Tim only do the away games.
Assume this fella gets a salary for commentating.
Really think the Dimmy Troo is now passed amusing and rambling on when the action is kicking off in play is dreadful.
It wasn't even a joke when he said you could buy a programme from the club shop when it opens again.
Because he's the Match day announcer
Why do you need a match day announcer when there are no spectators. To whom is he announcing it?
EFL requirement.

He is also there as a safety measure - to let people know if there is an incident, emergency or urgent message.

ExiledinLondon wrote:Is the commentary used on both video and radio only? They're two different types of comms, so if that's the case I wouldn't be too harsh on them. When you have video, you don't need to explain every sideways pass and who's in possession of the ball like you hear on radio commentary.
Apparently it is though I've not used the audio-only option so can't say for certain.

Agree with you that the two commentaries are different beasts. Perhaps Ifollow are playing the percentages and leaving the audio-only customers to join the dots themselves.
Last edited by JonD on October 28th, 2020, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A great all round performance.
Marred by only 2 things.
1 Townsend should of held onto the, although it was difficult conditions. But what goalkeeper never fumbled a ball.
I much prefer his presence in the box to Joe Day. Joe was a good stopper but dreadful kicker - how many times did Joe slice a ball into the stands? As it turned Podge got the winner so it doesn’t matter too much.
2 Labs getting yellow card - this is not surprising.
Keep up the fantastic start none of us dreamt of this start to the season.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Kevinmoorefellover wrote:There was one County home game on iFollow that I watched that didn’t have any commentary at the beginning of it due to a fault. It was much better, once the commentary cut back in, to have Charlie’s company, despite his foibles.

Like others I do wonder about the Dimmy Troo pronunciation though. I keep waiting for OB, who obviously knows Mickey well, to provide Charlie with the correct version of Demetriou’s name.
Really think the Dimmy Troo is now passed amusing and rambling on when the action is kicking off in play is dreadful.
It wasn't even a joke when he said you could buy a programme from the club shop when it opens again.
Phil already informed me 10 minutes earlier, why repeat it?
Because I can

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Phil already informed me 10 minutes earlier, why repeat it?
Because I can
Ha Ha you have morphed into the other fella now.

Brilliant.

Now we got 2 on here with the same catchphrase. :lol:

wattsville_boy wrote:The good news is that I've discovered how to change the commentary from home to away (and vice versa). Now I can have Tim commentating at away games and avoid having to listen to Charlie Brown for home games.

There is a god...
Go on then. Idiot-proof instructions please (emphasis on "idiot-proof") as I have the exact opposite problem you're looking to overcome.

JonD wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:The good news is that I've discovered how to change the commentary from home to away (and vice versa). Now I can have Tim commentating at away games and avoid having to listen to Charlie Brown for home games.

There is a god...
Go on then. Idiot-proof instructions please (emphasis on "idiot-proof") as I have the exact opposite problem you're looking to overcome.
You can choose Home or away commentary on each game.
Away you get Tim.
Click away home games you get as per Tuesday the Colchester commentator.
Got to be better than Mr Dimmy Troo.