Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Colchester Utd

There was one County home game on iFollow that I watched that didn’t have any commentary at the beginning of it due to a fault. It was much better, once the commentary cut back in, to have Charlie’s company, despite his foibles.

Like others I do wonder about the Dimmy Troo pronunciation though. I keep waiting for OB, who obviously knows Mickey well, to provide Charlie with the correct version of Demetriou’s name.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:There was one County home game on iFollow that I watched that didn’t have any commentary at the beginning of it due to a fault. It was much better, once the commentary cut back in, to have Charlie’s company, despite his foibles.

Like others I do wonder about the Dimmy Troo pronunciation though. I keep waiting for OB, who obviously knows Mickey well, to provide Charlie with the correct version of Demetriou’s name.
Why does Tim only do the away games.
Assume this fella gets a salary for commentating.
Really think the Dimmy Troo is now passed amusing and rambling on when the action is kicking off in play is dreadful.
It wasn't even a joke when he said you could buy a programme from the club shop when it opens again.

Good Morning

Frank... Tim only commentates in the away games as he is the Stadium announcer at Rodney Parade. Some years back before taking that role he did both home and away.

I’m not Charlie’s biggest fan either but as an exile not getting to Newport for home games often I’m very grateful for the service provided and don’t over worry about it. It’s become more of an issue because a larger number of people are listening/watching I-follow for home games than in normal times, when you were able to attend the matches.
I do think Charlie seems a bit in awe of having Mark O’Brien sitting next to him though. Also Mark, as good as it is listening to his comments needs to be more concise at times as play develops into more dangerous areas.

Phil in Northampton

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Kevinmoorefellover wrote:There was one County home game on iFollow that I watched that didn’t have any commentary at the beginning of it due to a fault. It was much better, once the commentary cut back in, to have Charlie’s company, despite his foibles.

Really think the Dimmy Troo is now passed amusing and rambling on when the action is kicking off in play is dreadful.
It wasn't even a joke when he said you could buy a programme from the club shop when it opens again.
Because he's the Match day announcer

I'm a fan of Charlie though recognise his imperfections, the chief one being he seems to be commentating as an accompaniment to video. As an audio-only commentator I think he's poor.

Did anyone else think the ref's performance was quite Newport-friendly? Not much for County fans to complain about, I didn't think.

I was watching on a small screen so couldn't identify the County player but when Colchester had the second half shot that Townsend put out for a corner, who was the County player that Poku (I think it was) stepped inside as though he wasn't there?

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Why do you need a match day announcer when there are no spectators. To whom is he announcing it?

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Phil already informed me 10 minutes earlier, why repeat it?

Blackandamber wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Why do you need a match day announcer when there are no spectators. To whom is he announcing it?
Beat me to it mate.